Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 12-29-2014, 11:23 AM   #21
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
This.

The longer Bowen stays gone from the 1/6th game, the lower the AM prices will become, and pretty soon, selling a Bowen statue will be the same as selling a statue from Art Asylum....you'll get next to nothing for it. People are getting what they can for them while the getting is still decent. That's what I think anyway.
Ha. Comparing Bowen statues to the Art Asylum pieces? not even in the same league.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:43 AM   #22
dechirico7
The Flash

So Bowen is actually done, or just on a break?
Kind of sad if it is.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:50 AM   #23
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Ha. Comparing Bowen statues to the Art Asylum pieces? not even in the same league.
I agree. Although I collected (and sold) many Art Asylum pieces in the past, they were never in the same league as Bowen Designs quality-wise. I have Bowen pieces that are almost 10 years old looking and displaying as if they were brand new, out of the box. That level of quality and art finesse is timeless. No other company can boast the same way.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:52 AM   #24
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
So Bowen is actually done, or just on a break?
Kind of sad if it is.
Randy is going through a divorce so time will tell. Right now, it is too early to speculate. The art is in his blood, so sooner or later he'll be back. In what shape or form, we do not know.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:57 AM   #25
HYMN
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Not selling any of mine.
Count me in. I'm happy with them.
HYMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:57 AM   #26
MKS
Nightwing

My Bowen MB collection remains complete with no plans for that to change! Hopefully once the personal matters are tended to, more Marvel pieces get produced, if not, it is one hell of a collection of classic Marvel characters that will not be replicated by any other producer down the road and I will continue to enjoy this great body of work.
MKS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:12 PM   #27
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsarri View Post
Randy is going through a divorce so time will tell. Right now, it is too early to speculate. The art is in his blood, so sooner or later he'll be back. In what shape or form, we do not know.
Ok, good.
I really can't imagine this hobby without Bowen pieces.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:45 PM   #28
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Theres so much Bowen out there and if you want to build a comic team in 1/6ish scale then Bowen is still the only place to go imo.

I don't understand the mindset of "oh hes not making anymore? ok i'll sell the 30 statues i have now" at the end of the day they were great statues when you bought them and nothing has changed.

No one is ever gonna make an IG Adam Warlock or Genis Vell Captain Marvel, hell there's 2 Genis Vells! Until someone does and does them better ( which i doubt ) Bowen will always have a place in my collection.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:49 PM   #29
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Theres so much Bowen out there and if you want to build a comic team in 1/6ish scale then Bowen is still the only place to go imo.

I don't understand the mindset of "oh hes not making anymore? ok i'll sell the 30 statues i have now" at the end of the day they were great statues when you bought them and nothing has changed.

No one is ever gonna make an IG Adam Warlock or Genis Vell Captain Marvel, hell there's 2 Genis Vells! Until someone does and does them better ( which i doubt ) Bowen will always have a place in my collection.
Ditto. XM and SS are both nice but they just aren't "comic book" statues IMO. Bowen was always able to capture that. I have no intention on selling any of mine and will probably pick up ones I've missed over time. Hope he comes back with either more Marvel or DC or both.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:52 PM   #30
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post

Quote:
Ditto. XM and SS are both nice but they just aren't "comic book" statues IMO. Bowen was always able to capture that. I have no intention on selling any of mine and will probably pick up ones I've missed over time. Hope he comes back with either more Marvel or DC or both.
I agree with both of you.