Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 02-16-2015, 06:14 PM   #21
tonytiger
The X-Men

and the magnetic debris attached to magneto kinda cheapens the whole thing for me. do

How is that? its a statue..Didn't what to start something here,I have over 40 Bowen statues and love them all. For me only.. The koto mag wins no matter what you can complain about it. I could pick on the Bowen mags too but I won't.I wish I had the XM one.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:38 PM   #22
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesimmons1 View Post
i have big cape magneto...had him out for days..no leaning.did put him back in box...just to worried about it falling over. i will bring it out every now and then. i dont regret buying it,but is a shame i cant display it all times. it fits quite snug in its pegs....still just cant trust it..its just huge! any one with issues with it?
The face sculpt turned me away. Aside from that its an awesome pose. One of my tougher decisions b/t bowen action and koto. Both are great.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:45 PM   #23
Vecchio1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Sorry mate. I bolded "It's perfect. To each his own." as my view of Koto Mags. I love that statue.

It's a great Jim Lee representation, just as the Bowen Magneto is inspired by a different style. I really like the Bowen Magneto that hovers over a Sentinel hand.

I will say that Bowen's X-villains are on the whole UNBELIEVABLE. Sinister is one of their Top 5 of all time IMO. I also love Apocalypse, Mojo, and Stryfe. Even the ones that I feel could be improved like Omega Red and Sabretooth are SOLID.
Agreed. My only issue with the X-villians is Stryfe's pose, upsets me b/c its so damn similar to koto mags.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:48 PM   #24
Vecchio1

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesimmons1 View Post
and the magnetic debris attached to magneto kinda cheapens the whole thing for me. dont kill me koto fans!!!
Old 02-16-2015, 07:50 PM   #25
Vecchio1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
How is that? its a statue..Didn't what to start something here,I have over 40 Bowen statues and love them all. For me only.. The koto mag wins no matter what you can complain about it. I could pick on the Bowen mags too but I won't.I wish I had the XM one.
Your wallet and remaining display space thanks you.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:54 PM   #26
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Sorry mate. I bolded "It's perfect. To each his own." as my view of Koto Mags. I love that statue.

It's a great Jim Lee representation, just as the Bowen Magneto is inspired by a different style. I really like the Bowen Magneto that hovers over a Sentinel hand.

I will say that Bowen's X-villains are on the whole UNBELIEVABLE. Sinister is one of their Top 5 of all time IMO. I also love Apocalypse, Mojo, and Stryfe. Even the ones that I feel could be improved like Omega Red and Sabretooth are SOLID.
Agreed. I put Apoc on top ten Bowen FS of all time
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:40 PM   #27
genesimmons1
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
ah! i said dont kill me koto fans and you attack!!! just kidding! we all love our statues...thats cool. is koto magneto a statue or a diorama? if its a diorama they should have more than just 2 chunks of debris attached.That effect looks kinda cheesey to me. He should be raising it in front of himself and look as if he is using the debris some how. why is it just hanging on his cape like that? its not doing anything. be cool if they went with a lot more pieces of debris in the diorama.
genesimmons1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:07 AM   #28
tonytiger
The X-Men

Well... I get your point but the statue is a lot more Awesome in person then pictures can show.Now for the complaints..The Diaper is on the Bowen too and for it being to muscular.. a little but who cares ( if you look at the picture its same build as Mr Sinister) and it happens a lot with statues.Now for the debris? Yea, I can think of a lot of better ways to display that but I also see what they were trying to PULL..LOL. My only complaint is? you can display him without them but the one has a permanent peg in the cape that should have been removable like the other one.The paint job is one of the best on a koto and for that I love it.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:12 PM   #29
genesimmons1
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Well... I get your point but the statue is a lot more Awesome in person then pictures can show.Now for the complaints..The Diaper is on the Bowen too and for it being to muscular.. a little but who cares ( if you look at the picture its same build as Mr Sinister) and it happens a lot with statues.Now for the debris? Yea, I can think of a lot of better ways to display that but I also see what they were trying to PULL..LOL. My only complaint is? you can display him without them but the one has a permanent peg in the cape that should have been removable like the other one.The paint job is one of the best on a koto and for that I love it.
I did just see it live recently in queens. Its not bad at all,but did you just say that one of the pegs is attached to the cape? I didnt think about that! come on guys...thats kinda lame isnt it? I really dont see the diaper effect on the bowen statue.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:19 PM   #30
genesimmons1
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
The face sculpt turned me away. Aside from that its an awesome pose. One of my tougher decisions b/t bowen action and koto. Both are great.
if flying cape magneto was my only bowen magneto i would have issues with the face. with it being my second one the face is ok by me. man, i think i have to pull mine out of storage again...forgetting how cool that statue is. big wish is that carbanaros ny con. next week somebody brings a big cape scarlett witch. would have to buy.