Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-15-2019, 02:32 PM   #251
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezhil View Post
Pushed to august
I hope that is just a conservative estimate and they are just trolling us. If it really ships in August, I will be extremely displeased.

How long can you use the excuse of "if pushing it back is what it takes to make the best piece then we will gladly take the heat"

I mean come on. Its 100 units, I'm not buying that excuse. What, are you adding robotics to it?

It's more like they had to cut a deal with the factory due to the low ES where the factory would squeeze it in when they can at a lower price.

Do we still get the snake medallion? That was a perk to order early for the first 100 orders, so everyone should get one of those.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 02:39 PM   #252
Ezhil
Mephisto

In all seriousness it has been pushed back to august.i am going to ask them to stop sending me the snake medallion which will increase the shipping cost.
Ezhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:13 AM   #253
wolfius
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezhil View Post
i am going to ask them to stop sending me the snake medallion which will increase the shipping cost.
how about they include the medallion and eat any extra shipping cost it might add because of the multiple delays and a total lack of concrete updates on what's really going on with this?

we basically had to berate them into posting something tangible in the way of news, and what did we get? some hastily rendered box art. whoopee.

i know there's only 100 of us, but come on, we've all paid up, we deserve some transparency.
wolfius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:15 AM   #254
wolfius
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
It's more like they had to cut a deal with the factory due to the low ES where the factory would squeeze it in when they can at a lower price.
this. i think you have hit quite close to the mark. doubt they would ever admit to it, but it has the ring of truth.
wolfius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:52 AM   #255
KoBE
Fantastic Four

But production pics were posted back in early May.
KoBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:25 PM   #256
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoBE View Post
But production pics were posted back in early May.
We can only speculate.

I realize Chronicle is working on it and delays happen, but there appears to be a huge disconnect between expectation and reality on their end.

How else do you explain shipping announcements and delays every 3 months for over a year?

Maybe the factory is leading them on, maybe there was miscommunication, maybe there was a huge incident - who knows. Maybe July is still the target month but they put August just to be sure.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:54 PM   #257
Marcel54
Hellboy

What ever the reason for yet another delay, they should communicate more frequent and keep us in the loop.
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:15 PM   #258
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Chronicle just pointed out on Facebook that they said end of June 5 weeks ago. This is now, 5 weeks ago was then. The website has been updated to August for now. At the end of August, this new date will be old and therefore null, according to history and logic.

Old 06-17-2019, 10:30 PM   #259
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel54 View Post
What ever the reason for yet another delay, they should communicate more frequent and keep us in the loop.
Have the chats stopped? I don't get on FB much, but haven't seen one in a while.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:53 PM   #260
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Have the chats stopped? I don't get on FB much, but haven't seen one in a while.
They have turned into product commercials.
Paul is rarely present (he has a company to run, I get it) but with his absence, gone are the behind the scenes, the real talk, he spoke pretty Frank and candidly. Robert runs them now and it is more of a used car sales vibe.