Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-07-2019, 07:36 PM   #41
gs013564
Justice League

Is that Tifa going into actual production with someone other than P1?
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:38 PM   #42
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I really hope Prime doesn't do Tifa's redesign, or at least offers a classic version
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:47 PM   #43
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I really hope Prime doesn't do Tifa's redesign, or at least offers a classic version
You mean how’s she’s not as top heavy as she used to be?
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 01:41 AM   #44
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Dilly dally shilly shally
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 04:09 AM   #45
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
I doubt this is gonna be anything other than Remake focused.

I doubt we'll ever see classic interpretations now, luckily the ones Koto did still look great.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:01 AM   #46
dao2
Cyclops

I always wish they offered classic designs but most people do advent children or newer :/ If P1 does this they will most likely do it based off the new game, and maybe if we're lucky we'll get a classic switchout.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:00 PM   #47
Vic Viper
Fantastic Four

Interested to see how these tuns out.

I used to own every FF7 and FF8 GF statues made by Kotobukiya back in the days. I remember those were selling for insane amount of money at one time on eBay. Cloud on Hardy was going for over $1500 and Highwind was like over $2000. Keep in mind this was like 15-18 years ago, before Sideshow blew up, Prime 1 and XM wasn't even around.

I'm glad I got rid of them while they were still worth something. The only piece I kept is the U.S. release of Cloud and Hardy Daytona resin statue, which in my opinion actually has better shading than the original Japanese release, particularly in Cloud's hair. To me this piece will always be the most iconic image of FF7.

I can only imagine how good these remake pieces will look with today's standards by P1S. The only thing that I'm concern is the scale and obviously the price. 1/4 scale will be too big in my opinion. All the FF7 Koto releases were in 1/8 back then, I think 1/6 would probably be a more manageable scale for everyone.

Can everyone here really afford $600-$1000 plus shipping on each character if they were to make all 9 main cast plus Sephiroth in quarter scale? That's not even taking account of the possibility of the Bike and whatever newly designed stuff that they may include with the upcoming remake.

Surely the FF7 Remake is generating a lot of hype. I'm not so sure the same can be said about it's statue market however, especially with something as expensive as Prime 1. It will certainly be for the most hardcore Final Fantasy fans that's for sure.
Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:49 PM   #48
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
Interested to see how these tuns out.

I used to own every FF7 and FF8 GF statues made by Kotobukiya back in the days. I remember those were selling for insane amount of money at one time on eBay. Cloud on Hardy was going for over $1500 and Highwind was like over $2000. Keep in mind this was like 15-18 years ago, before Sideshow blew up, Prime 1 and XM wasn't even around.

I'm glad I got rid of them while they were still worth something. The only piece I kept is the U.S. release of Cloud and Hardy Daytona resin statue, which in my opinion actually has better shading than the original Japanese release, particularly in Cloud's hair. To me this piece will always be the most iconic image of FF7.

I can only imagine how good these remake pieces will look with today's standards by P1S. The only thing that I'm concern is the scale and obviously the price. 1/4 scale will be too big in my opinion. All the FF7 Koto releases were in 1/8 back then, I think 1/6 would probably be a more manageable scale for everyone.

Can everyone here really afford $600-$1000 plus shipping on each character if they were to make all 9 main cast plus Sephiroth in quarter scale? That's not even taking account of the possibility of the Bike and whatever newly designed stuff that they may include with the upcoming remake.

Surely the FF7 Remake is generating a lot of hype. I'm not so sure the same can be said about it's statue market however, especially with something as expensive as Prime 1. It will certainly be for the most hardcore Final Fantasy fans that's for sure.
Imagine if they were released in 1/3 scale!
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:16 PM   #49
Kosmopeia
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Yes for 1:3! My personal preference. <3
However, I'm sure it will be 1:4, since almost all of P1's gaming licenses were in that scale.
Anyway, the FF-Statue sea has been empty for a decade now (since static art Sephiroth 2009 I believe), so I'm like a dry fish waiting for any drop of water I can get.
No matter how it turns out, I'm all in.

Besides the main cast of 9 heroes and 1 villain, I hope P1 also does Zack and a Safer Sephiroth! <3

My only concern at this point is, how long will P1 walk this road? Would be pretty sad if they would stop after 4-5 characters. They have dropped a few licenses already, so I hope FF7 will be profitable enough for them to keep going.

Quote:
No chance. P1 doesn't do redesigns. But there may be a chance for a more classic oriented or AC Tifa if the game devs include some skins.
While I really like Tifa's new design in the remake, an AC version of Cloud would be amazing!
Kosmopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 06:16 PM   #50
Vic Viper
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I certainly hope they don't, because that would simply be a terrible decision. Do you know how big and heavy the buster sword would be in 1/3 scale? Not to mention the Masamune will also be roughly 3 feet in length! It's simply unrealistic, even if money isn't an issue I doubt most here will even have the room to properly display them.

1/4 scale in museum pose with a simple small base would be as big as P1 should make them. A quarter scale Cloud on Daytona would already be massive and something that has yet been done.

It seems to me that P1 is coming out with a ton of stuff with their licenses. I doubt everything will be produced however, consider that it takes years for them to be ready. Look at William from Nioh, the game is already old with the sequel suppose to be release this year and P1 still have him on preorder. P1 needs to seriously speed up their production process if they want to ride the hype train.
Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote