Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 06-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #3211
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Congrats on the Gold Noir Mutants Fro. Nice to see one fall into good hands.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #3212
FROBAY
Phoenix

Thanks bros. I hope surprise shows up at some others here too.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #3213
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Thanks bros. I hope surprise shows up at some others here too.

Congrats! So having both side-by-side, which one do you prefer? I noticed you mentioned the variant clashes w/ your other noirs, but this is the only one I have so that wouldn't be an issue for me.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #3214
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
Congrats! So having both side-by-side, which one do you prefer? I noticed you mentioned the variant clashes w/ your other noirs, but this is the only one I have so that wouldn't be an issue for me.
The gold is fantastic. I find it to be the better looking piece no doubt, no online pics do it justice. That being said, it really can't be displayed with the black series it stands out. It may work if you use the gold as the center piece and surround it by the black ones.

I would say if you like this series get the gold one, bunch are ending today on the bay and I would say the print is worth a 100.00 all day long. The pics they have posted on the auction are horrible, it's really hard to photograph. I would have never guessed how gorgeous this thing is with those pics.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:42 AM   #3215
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
The gold is fantastic. I find it to be the better looking piece no doubt, no online pics do it justice. That being said, it really can't be displayed with the black series it stands out. It may work if you use the gold as the center piece and surround it by the black ones.

I would say if you like this series get the gold one, bunch are ending today on the bay and I would say the print is worth a 100.00 all day long. The pics they have posted on the auction are horrible, it's really hard to photograph. I would have never guessed how gorgeous this thing is with those pics.
Thx for the info
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #3216
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

First Look at Odd City Entertainment's PACIFIC RIM Print Series Featuring Gabz | Collider
Odd City Entertainment’s Pacific Rim print by artist Gabz.

"While Gabz is up first, he will be followed by Todd Slater, New Flesh, Gordon Jones and Graham Erwin. The screen prints will be randomly released beginning on Tuesday, July 2nd and lasting through Thursday, July 11th via the Odd City web store at http://www.oddcitystore.com and you can follow them on twitter @OddCityNews for continued updates regarding announcement information and drop dates of the other artist’s prints."

Part of the press release:

When looking for artists to approach this soon to be classic sci-fi flick, Odd City Founder, Roman Morales, quickly zeroed in on the perfect lot that could bring the director’s vision to screen printed glory. Gabz, a world-renowned Polish artist, will be the first in this series to release his print upon unsuspecting Fanboys and Fangirls across the globe.

Gabz expressed his enthusiasm about working on this project, “This is actually the first time I had an opportunity to work on something this big, so I was both excited and slightly overwhelmed at the beginning. Until now, I had worked on movies with plenty of references to be found on the Internet. In this case, I was mainly limited to the first teaser trailer that came out (pretty mind blowing by the way). I focused on Gipsy Danger, but instead of putting him in some type of massive sea battle, which was quite tempting, I proposed something inspired by World War 2 propaganda posters; something where the giant robot symbolizes the last stand of humanity. To better show the scale of the threat, I added a glimpse of the giant Kaiju hidden in the skyline. I’m pleased with the outcome and particularly with my version of the poster title, clearly inspired by Japanese apocalyptic cinema posters.”

Roman, who worked closely with Gabz and the studios in this creative process, also commented on his beautiful work of art, “From the moment we discussed this project, Gabz was a part of it. He had already done a piece for us that we had yet to release and working with him was so easy. He had the ability to see the big picture, no pun intended. From just a single teaser, he was able to capture the spirit of a film that was already stirring all of our film geek sensibilities. I couldn’t see this series without him.”

Size: 24x36”

Colors: Regular – 6 Colors w/2 metallic inks / Variant – 6 colors w/3 metallic inks

Printed by: D&L Screenprinting

Regular – 225 / $55

Variant – 80 / $75

Variant – Metal 55 /$275

Spideristic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #3217
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
First Look at Odd City Entertainment's PACIFIC RIM Print Series Featuring Gabz | Collider
Odd City Entertainment’s Pacific Rim print by artist Gabz.

"While Gabz is up first, he will be followed by Todd Slater, New Flesh, Gordon Jones and Graham Erwin. The screen prints will be randomly released beginning on Tuesday, July 2nd and lasting through Thursday, July 11th via the Odd City web store at http://www.oddcitystore.com and you can follow them on twitter @OddCityNews for continued updates regarding announcement information and drop dates of the other artist’s prints."

Part of the press release:

When looking for artists to approach this soon to be classic sci-fi flick, Odd City Founder, Roman Morales, quickly zeroed in on the perfect lot that could bring the director’s vision to screen printed glory. Gabz, a world-renowned Polish artist, will be the first in this series to release his print upon unsuspecting Fanboys and Fangirls across the globe.

Gabz expressed his enthusiasm about working on this project, “This is actually the first time I had an opportunity to work on something this big, so I was both excited and slightly overwhelmed at the beginning. Until now, I had worked on movies with plenty of references to be found on the Internet. In this case, I was mainly limited to the first teaser trailer that came out (pretty mind blowing by the way). I focused on Gipsy Danger, but instead of putting him in some type of massive sea battle, which was quite tempting, I proposed something inspired by World War 2 propaganda posters; something where the giant robot symbolizes the last stand of humanity. To better show the scale of the threat, I added a glimpse of the giant Kaiju hidden in the skyline. I’m pleased with the outcome and particularly with my version of the poster title, clearly inspired by Japanese apocalyptic cinema posters.”

Roman, who worked closely with Gabz and the studios in this creative process, also commented on his beautiful work of art, “From the moment we discussed this project, Gabz was a part of it. He had already done a piece for us that we had yet to release and working with him was so easy. He had the ability to see the big picture, no pun intended. From just a single teaser, he was able to capture the spirit of a film that was already stirring all of our film geek sensibilities. I couldn’t see this series without him.”

Size: 24x36”

Colors: Regular – 6 Colors w/2 metallic inks / Variant – 6 colors w/3 metallic inks

Printed by: D&L Screenprinting

Regular – 225 / $55

Variant – 80 / $75

Variant – Metal 55 /$275

Fantastic looking! Good post as this is the first i've heard of the company too.
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #3218
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Pacific Rim IMAX Poster

Spideristic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #3219
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

That IMAX poster looks less like a movie poster and more like a toy promotion or something for an animated feature. Which given the nature of most official movie posters today that isn't a bad thing.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #3220
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

wow. metal pacific rim ftw!

fro, i agree with your gold noir opinion. i had my mail held for the last week as i was on vacation. got delivered today, lo and behold, i got one of the golds as well! a very pleasant surprise. i absolutely love the paper stock they used for the print. the characters pop more i think on the variant than on the regs. very very pleased to of gotten one!

edit: yikes, just looked, i paid englert for the Alien Queen sketch he had on ebay on 04/20. still dont have it yet.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote