Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-09-2014, 11:37 AM   #531
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
well thats obvious it was an executive decision. but we want to know why.
im with you. i dont like the issue at hand but i want one because its the very first BM PF ever made. it may have its issues but i believe, as you do, it can be fixed. and thats kind of where we are trying get at. for a 400 dollars statue this thing shouldn't have any issues. at least with the costume anyway.
i just find it hard to believe that all 9500 are made and all have the armpit issue and that SS was ok with that and dint do anything about it or didn't check in on the production at some point to see how things were coming along. and if they did notice the armpit issue why didn't they do anything about it to have the factory correct the problem? especially when they preach how QC is one of their top priorities.
I personally don't think it needed an executive decision as I was fine with it as the pictures first came out. I have no "issue" with the statue and am excited to put it in my displays.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:40 AM   #532
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

is this the batman thread I am in now ????
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:40 AM   #533
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
is this the batman thread I am in now ????
LOL. Good point. Back on topic.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:47 AM   #534
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I personally don't think it needed an executive decision as I was fine with it as the pictures first came out. I have no "issue" with the statue and am excited to put it in my displays.
im fine with the statue as well. but just wanted to know why they allowed all 9500 to have the armpit issue is all.
but yes back on topic.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:48 AM   #535
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
im fine with the statue as well. but just wanted to know why they allowed all 9500 to have the armpit issue is all.
but yes back on topic.
Like me, they probably thought it looked ok.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:50 AM   #536
DynamicMenace

right
Old 01-09-2014, 12:29 PM   #537
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Like me, they probably thought it looked ok.
I strongly disagree that they wouldn't have thought a lot of people would be upset. But it's Batman... in 1/4 scale. No one else is making one right now.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:30 PM   #538
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Jam View Post
hi alex. sorry if you already covered this but do you have a rough quesstimate of when the keaton batman and reeves superman will be available for preorder. thanks
Sooner than you may think! :-) I know...that's vague, right? Hopefully these two caped heroes will be up for Pre-Order within the next few months!

Quote:
no not at all. i dont expect her to have all the answers anyway. but someone at SS does..and im pretty sure she does know someone there who dose. like i said. possibly Dave Igo could enlighten us why this was acceptable from the QC team. or why SS decided to just brush it off and let it slide on all 9500 of them.

so if your reading this SSAlex and or Dave Igo. please can you enlighten us?
As I do not work within the production department I am not privy to most information in regards to decision making, approval processes, etc., so I simply do not have these kinds of answers and would not be given answers to these even if I were to ask. Every so often I might be given some information to share of course but in the case of many products I simply am not given that kind of access to that info. Sorry.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:06 PM   #539
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
As I do not work within the production department I am not privy to most information in regards to decision making, approval processes, etc., so I simply do not have these kinds of answers and would not be given answers to these even if I were to ask. Every so often I might be given some information to share of course but in the case of many products I simply am not given that kind of access to that info. Sorry.
right, i didn't expect you to have any answers to this issue. i understand your only told so much and are allowed to share with us a certain amount of info as you have stated time and time again in this thread.
thats why i was asking if Igo could enlighten us.
im sure he would have some info about what happened. it just depends if he wants to share it with us or not. but if not thats cool. i can understand and respect why SS wouldn't want to disclose that kind of info.

it is what it is. bats didn't turn out perfect like i thought he would. or how i was preaching to everyone that he would be due to his iconic status.
but honestly though. hes pretty damn good and pretty much spot on compared to the production piece that was at SDCC last year. other than the pits/costume issue.
thanks for the reply and your time SSA.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:48 AM   #540
T-Jam
I am da law!

Thank you for your reply alex. Wonderful news. I can't wait for these two icons to go up for PO. And thanks for taking the time to answer what you can. I know it can't be easy dealing with us
T-Jam is offline   Reply With Quote