Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-16-2018, 08:11 PM   #941
moonlightdrive21
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
My contact told me it’s going to start shipping in June but unsure how many XM will send out in the first batch.

Most of the guys who sell XM statues are from Singapore and they use DHL Express which for me takes 2-3 days max and I live in New York.
Are you gents who usually get the Express service going to try to get a cheaper delivery option (e.g., turnaround time) for the Hulkbuster because of the huge size and cost? Otherwise cost will be outrageous?
moonlightdrive21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:54 PM   #942
nearmint
Phoenix

I’ve never understood why Statue companies and their go-betweens insist on express shipping. I’d rather pay $100 by boat than $300 by air. I don’t mind waiting a little longer.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:03 PM   #943
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

DHL is fantastic . I wouldn’t trust Fed Ex ever. UPS has outrageous brokerage fees
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:58 AM   #944
Lotus000
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I’ve never understood why Statue companies and their go-betweens insist on express shipping. I’d rather pay $100 by boat than $300 by air. I don’t mind waiting a little longer.
Shipping by Boat will keep the Buyer without updated tracking information.

I bought in on a low run commissioned piece that was shipped via boat from the Philippines. People in the group that were waiting essentially caused havoc has they were not able to track the shipment. I felt bad for the Producer as they kept getting threats of payment refunds and other things when in reality the shipments were on their way via boat.

There is one Tracking scan at the Port of Origination, then the boat travels for approximately 90 days, then you will finally see a Destination scan at the Port of your Country. From there you will need to cross reference the Original Tracking number into your Countries Postal system. So for folks in the U.S. they would use a cross reference system from the Philippines to USPS in this example.

Even after explaining this process to the folks in the group people were still not understanding.

I feel most sellers use Express because its 4 day shipment to and from with full tracking.

Yes this cost is very expensive, but its piece of mind for the Seller and the Buyer.
Lotus000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:47 AM   #945
moonlightdrive21
Hellboy

Thanks for the info. Is there some other middle option that's not 4 day express nor very long boat boat ride, with some worthwhile savings? Is there a shorter boat option or longer air option?
moonlightdrive21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:41 AM   #946
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus000 View Post

I bought in on a low run commissioned piece that was shipped via boat from the Philippines. People in the group that were waiting essentially caused havoc has they were not able to track the shipment. I felt bad for the Producer as they kept getting threats of payment refunds and other things when in reality the shipments were on their way via boat.

There is one Tracking scan at the Port of Origination, then the boat travels for approximately 90 days, then you will finally see a Destination scan at the Port of your Country. From there you will need to cross reference the Original Tracking number into your Countries Postal system. So for folks in the U.S. they would use a cross reference system from the Philippines to USPS in this example.

Even after explaining this process to the folks in the group people were still not understanding.

I feel most sellers use Express because its 4 day shipment to and from with full tracking.

Yes this cost is very expensive, but its piece of mind for the Seller and the Buyer.
I've been through this twice and it sucks, especially since it seems the postal service is getting progressively worse in the U.S. I would only use FedEx or UPS. The only times I ever used DHL they screwed up too, but this was a few years ago, so maybe they're better now.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:53 PM   #947
WolverineFan
I am da law!

I can’t say enough good things about DHL. Never had a problem with them and I prefer the quick shipping with statues from Singapore because it’s safer for your $1000 statue. Also to confirm what my contact told me, XM has on their website that Hulkbuster is being released in Q2/Q3 so it’s coming!
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:21 PM   #948
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus000 View Post

LOL, sounds like one of the orders I had. It did take more than 90 days for my order to arrive. My box was big, 4' x 4' x 16" so I was not worried it would get lost. How can you lose a box that big? BUT, shipping by air was only $110 more and shipping time was 2 weeks. Had I known it would have taken 90+ days, I would have paid the extra for air shipping.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 05:07 PM   #949
ygfamily21
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Just received my weapon x via DHL. everything was perfect and smooth. box was in great shape and i think this was one of the best experience i had with any delivery company.
ygfamily21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 05:08 PM   #950
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygfamily21 View Post
Just received my weapon x via DHL. everything was perfect and smooth. box was in great shape and i think this was one of the best experience i had with any delivery company.
Let me be the first to say...POST PICS!
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote