Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-10-2019, 11:48 AM   #171
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
The more I look at this, the more I see Hailee Steinfeld cosplaying as Starfire.
/Google's 'Hailee Steinfeld' . . .

I see, i kinda agree. I'm seeing Kirstie Alley with Hailee Steinfeld's nose.
I think there could be another celeb that matches more. I'm sure the penny will drop soon enough.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 12:03 PM   #172
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I don't see any relationship between a prototype breaking and a production piece. I wouldn't expect a proto to have all the engineering in place that a production piece has.
My point is that SS needs to be held accountable for the engineering and at no point in Rogue's early stages did the faces/voice of SS have any idea what was going. Great, if they don't know the exact engineering - just say so. Say it's "being evaluated for durability because of XYZ", but don't sit there like crickets and act like collectors/buyers are asking stupid questions that have no merit.

In my heart of hearts I truly believe that if Rogue had not broken - which she did despite them claiming otherwise - SS would have sent her out constructed with weaker attachment points and just said too bad, it's over 30 days old to the customers when their statues broke.

Going forward I would like to think that SS gets the importance of being knowledgeable from the beginning. We clearly appreciate it and it's not hard to do - at all. Other companies do it, why do people keep making excuses for SS not being more communicative and transparent?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 12:13 PM   #173
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Other companies do it, why do people keep making excuses for SS not being more communicative and transparent?
I'm certainly not doing that. I'm all for transparency.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 12:42 PM   #174
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Honestly I think the negativity of the community prevents alot of that interaction. But when the production piece is out they should be able to answer all questions about materials and engineering.
Commander0Zero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 01:27 PM   #175
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
I'm certainly not doing that. I'm all for transparency.
Sorry, that wasn't directed at you specifically. Just a general statement about posts I've seen in the past.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 01:48 PM   #176
jcasalone
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I am honestly surprised it took this long to get Starfire. I mean c'mon, look at her haha.

Really like the art direction on this piece but as others have noted, I wish she was more orange.
jcasalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 01:57 PM   #177
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Honestly I think the negativity of the community prevents alot of that interaction. But when the production piece is out they should be able to answer all questions about materials and engineering.
I understand that and will wait patiently.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 02:43 PM   #178
nearmint
Phoenix

My problem with this piece is that her pose and expression don't match Starfire's personality. My experience with the character is limited to the Marv Wolfman/George Perez issues, but she always came off as sweet and, while possessing a killer body in a skimpy outfit, completely unaware of her sexuality. The "come hither" expression on this piece just doesn't fit her naive charm.

Or maybe she was portrayed differently by other writers/artists?
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 02:44 PM   #179
ukshaun
Hercules

Been looking at this some more. I like the fact that the pose is quite original for 1/4 PF
I picture the Starfire in the same pose as Captain Marvel PF or Aspen PF, and while that would be acceptable, i like it that Sideshow are coming up with new poses. The Rogue flying pose is exceptional ..likewise, the Lady Deadpool kicking pose looks amazing!

I find the green stuff in her left hand looks odd, like she is playing with a blob of green slim. It fails to look like green fire power.

I like this dynamic pose:

..which leads me onto - will the EX have eye's like the image above?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 02:48 PM   #180
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
My problem with this piece is that her pose and expression don't match Starfire's personality. My experience with the character is limited to the Marv Wolfman/George Perez issues, but she always came off as sweet and, while possessing a killer body in a skimpy outfit, completely unaware of her sexuality. The "come hither" expression on this piece just doesn't fit her naive charm.

Or maybe she was portrayed differently by other writers/artists?
New 52 version was very sexual and aware.

Augen is offline   Reply With Quote