Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 12-28-2009, 10:39 AM   #121
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Not that unbelievable really, I mean how people are willing to fork out that kind of money on an asterix statue?
Tbh one thing that is good about attakus is they deliver statues that are as good quality wise as the proto. So in hand pics wouldn't really look any different to what attakus themselves have shown. It's just a shame they got the price so badly wrong on this piece.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #122
Twiggy
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Not sure, but I believe that there are those, especially in Europe, who would buy this over, say, a halfsize IM maquette any day of the week.
Twiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #123
MTT
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
I mean how people are willing to fork out that kind of money on an asterix statue?
Actually very many.

Quote:
one thing that is good about attakus is they deliver statues that are as good quality wise as the proto
Very true also for Asterix.

Quote:
but I believe that there are those, especially in Europe, who would buy this over, say, a halfsize IM maquette any day of the week.
Just like me, Asterix

Asterix is actually one of the highlights in statuemarket in 2009
MTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:01 PM   #124
polystoned
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
obviously the recession hasn't hit france
Maybe it's the Americans who don't realize that the value of their dollar has been sacrificed in order to keep millions of people in homes they can't afford and reduce the borrowing costs of a bloated government. If the dollar was not being deliberately devalued by zero interest rates this thing would cost around US$1200 maybe even $1000 by now. We should also remember that in a mere 8 years the Bush admin reduced the buying power of a dollar to something like $0.30 Clinton-era cents. Unfortunately Obama seems to have the exact same policy...
polystoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #125
feeter
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polystoned View Post
Maybe it's the Americans who don't realize that the value of their dollar has been sacrificed in order to keep millions of people in homes they can't afford and reduce the borrowing costs of a bloated government. If the dollar was not being deliberately devalued by zero interest rates this thing would cost around US$1200 maybe even $1000 by now. We should also remember that in a mere 8 years the Bush admin reduced the buying power of a dollar to something like $0.30 Clinton-era cents. Unfortunately Obama seems to have the exact same policy...
I think they were saying how Attakus has always had high prices and now they decide to put a price on this statue that is way out of order... if you want to sell well in hard times you dont put a price that most cant afford... there are more sales in the US to increase buying... I usually buy only things less than retail...
feeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:39 PM   #126
polystoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeter View Post
I think they were saying how Attakus has always had high prices and now they decide to put a price on this statue that is way out of order...
I agree with this but am suggesting that at least part of the illusion of rising prices is a direct result of less valuable money.
polystoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:44 PM   #127
feeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by polystoned View Post
I agree with this but am suggesting that at least part of the illusion of rising prices is a direct result of less valuable money.
That may be true but prices in the US havnt changed as much as the price on this thing has... including the Probe Droid... Attakus is selling higher prices to make up for less sales to get the same amount of profit
feeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:41 AM   #128
Dynaheir
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
Unbelievable that there are still no inhand pics of this piece. The regular should be shipping for weeks now, even the monochrome Edition should be released by now.
There have been in-hand pics of this on the German Last-Alliance-Forum since October. Here is the link, scroll down. Looks fantastic.
Dynaheir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #129
Twiggy
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

wow das ist völlig an mir vorbei gegangen, danke!
Twiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:20 PM   #130
jimmmy
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Thanks for the link! Such a great diorama, the sculpt and paint look spot on. I'd stare at it for hours if I owned one.
jimmmy is offline   Reply With Quote