Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-20-2024, 04:29 PM   #511
Atrana23
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

JND catwoman looks like what the costume would like like if they did Batman Returns in 2024 with an entire factory dedicated to a bespoke outfit. The movie was concocted from a raincoat right? Rubber painted with Silicone. It is just too clean and pristine. Still looks good but not for the price and P1 is still the better piece, especially at $800 cheaper.
Atrana23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 02:18 AM   #512
bimbocao
Frackin!

tbh, I can't see anything that P1 is superior to this one, except in the price, the base and perhaps the more marked grin in her lips makes her more sensual? iconic? representative of the character?

The price doesn't matter anymore, because these statues never competed in time. If you are lucky enough to find a P1 at a retailer today, it will cost you more than JND (maybe not including taxes).

The base is empirically better in P1, but I also have some problems with it. It's too tall for a 1:3 scale figure (since I want to display it in a high place), the Hello There neon is already too redundant for me (since I have one of those from etsy) and that loose cat over there can generate this type of "catccidents" xD
https://youtu.be/EfFyI1-6ml0?si=3XE0twDXYEKsbxAr&t=1120

And the face matter, well, that depends on taste, but it is undeniable that MP is in both figures.

In the rest of the matters, I see JND superior or very superior to P1.
bimbocao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 10:39 AM   #513
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbocao View Post
tbh, I can't see anything that P1 is superior to this one, except in the price, the base and perhaps the more marked grin in her lips makes her more sensual? iconic? representative of the character?

The price doesn't matter anymore, because these statues never competed in time. If you are lucky enough to find a P1 at a retailer today, it will cost you more than JND (maybe not including taxes).

The base is empirically better in P1, but I also have some problems with it. It's too tall for a 1:3 scale figure (since I want to display it in a high place), the Hello There neon is already too redundant for me (since I have one of those from etsy) and that loose cat over there can generate this type of "catccidents" xD
https://youtu.be/EfFyI1-6ml0?si=3XE0twDXYEKsbxAr&t=1120

And the face matter, well, that depends on taste, but it is undeniable that MP is in both figures.

In the rest of the matters, I see JND superior or very superior to P1.
I agree with a lot of your points. And while I like the JND more, I don't know if it is a huge difference. I think both statues are excellent in their own way and you can't go wrong with either.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 12:03 PM   #514
God
Frackin!
Adamantium Member

I love this piece. I ordered the dual version as soon as it went up. It’s a long wait, but it will be worth it.
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 12:37 PM   #515
Exorcist
The X-Men

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post
I love this piece. I ordered the dual version as soon as it went up. It?s a long wait, but it will be worth it.
Congratulations! And actually, the delivery time after PO relatively has a very short timespan with JND. On average they tend to deliver around 12 months when ordering directly.
Exorcist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 01:56 PM   #516
God
Frackin!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Congratulations! And actually, the delivery time after PO relatively has a very short timespan with JND. On average they tend to deliver around 12 months when ordering directly.
Thank you! That is great to know. I will have time to plan out exactly how I want to display the set. I am also thinking about picking up the Indiana Jones dual set at some point.
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 04:12 PM   #517
StefanCo
Birdman

Does the dual version have a way to display them separately? I don't seem to see single statue bases are included with the double statue.
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 04:40 PM   #518
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanCo View Post
Does the dual version have a way to display them separately? I don't seem to see single statue bases are included with the double statue.
Nope. What you see is what you get.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 04:59 PM   #519
Gollum
The Herculoids

It would be really cool if you do buy a duo base like Catwoman than when MK Batman is released you could put any two characters you like together so you could have Batman with Catwoman or Penguin or Joker this would be awesome and unique

JND make it so
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 05:31 PM   #520
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Someone on FB had done a photoshop of exactly that.
Batman and Catwoman together and Wayne w Selina.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote