Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-20-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

People need to be more sensitive!

Awesome news report on Grocery clerk abuse.

http://abcnews.go.com/WhatWouldYouDo...abuse-10695340

My 1 year old daughter Erika was born with DS... if people ever treat her this way, and sadly someone will, I will go Bruce Lee on them !
Seriously we need to stand up for others.

ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

i hate when anyone rips in to any employee no matter if they have real problems or they are just lazy. managment needs to be told if there is a problem and managment needs to evaluate a person in training so that they are in a position that they can help or just let them go. managment is always to blame and not the employee.

at the vons i go to there is a guy with some kind of retardation i dont know what. he waits for all the groceries to come to him then evaluates how they should be placed in the bags and then he bags. it is very slow and that person has no business being a bagger. i told the manager but of course he was still doing it the same next time i was there so i told him not to bag my groceries and i would do it myself. not mean at all i just said it as amtter of fact. he was upset but that isnt my problem. once again it was managments problem.

later on i saw another employee rip into him for being slow. this time i went over the managers head and called corporate. whoever they sent to take care of it must be great at there job. the rude employee was gone, the manager is stll there but more helpful, the bagger now bags like he should. when groceries come down he puts them in the bag and keeps things moving. with proper training anyone can be a good employee.
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:03 PM   #3
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I would never get angry with someone with special needs in fact I find them to be nicer than other people while talking to them.
When I go to a store I am in no hurry at all that's what the magazine racks at the checkout are for I just look at them until it's my turn then I talk with the cashier or bagger and always say thank you.
My mother didn't raise me to be rude.
I may be insane but i'm never rude.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:55 PM   #4
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
I would never get angry with someone with special needs in fact I find them to be nicer than other people.
That's the truth.
People with Downs syndrome always seem so sweet and friendly to me. I run across them from time to time in a store and they converse with me like they've known me for years. I love it.
It's a refreshing break from the general snobbery of most bitter people who'd rather spit in your face and who're to busy and self involved to talk to you.
What amazes me is the cowards in this video who stand by while the poor kids gets insulted. Grown men who cower while women come to his rescue? I know the maternal instinct kicks in but the males who can over power the person hang their head and give a wincing look and act like the castrate they have been taught to be.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:18 AM   #5
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
That's the truth.
People with Downs syndrome always seem so sweet and friendly to me. I run across them from time to time in a store and they converse with me like they've known me for years. I love it.
It's a refreshing break from the general snobbery of most bitter people who'd rather spit in your face and who're to busy and self involved to talk to you.
What amazes me is the cowards in this video who stand by while the poor kids gets insulted. Grown men who cower while women come to his rescue? I know the maternal instinct kicks in but the males who can over power the person hang their head and give a wincing look and act like the castrate they have been taught to be.
\

well said. everyone deserves to be treated with respect. this video pissed me off big time.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:27 AM   #6
jansen
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Good on the people that stood up
jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:39 AM   #7
ratchet
Mandarin

I saw this report... it is too bad people would just stand by as another man is being abused unfairly
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #8
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Pity the mother of whomever that was and the likes
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:46 PM   #9
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Geez. What a horrible, sad and disturbing forced hypothetical. Anyone that would let this happen and not say a word is a worthless bastard in my book. Sometimes you are forced to speak up in life. If you don't in certain situations, you are a horrendous coward. Personally, I would follow these actors out and beat the hell out of them. They would earn their paycheck that day!

Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote