Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-17-2024, 12:22 AM   #141
cooljellow
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
JND needs to work on likeness of their pieces before being named the worlds best artists. Most of their pieces at 70% likeness of the actors is not close enough to being good enough for the price they charge. It?s shocking to me how many people have their blinders on and roll with it.
I think their likeless is very good. Certainly above 70%. So far, I've just seen you criticize, but not give examples of what you think is better.

Curious which examples you think are better likenesses of some of their subjects:

1. Harley (Margot Robbie)
2. Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot)
3. Superman (Henry Cavill)
4. Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer)
5. Henry Jones (Sean Connery)
cooljellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 12:25 AM   #142
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
JND needs to work on likeness of their pieces before being named the worlds best artists. Most of their pieces at 70% likeness of the actors is not close enough to being good enough for the price they charge. It?s shocking to me how many people have their blinders on and roll with it.
Which is why I said they’re amongst the best. All of them have their hits and misses. Though 70% is a bit harsh imo. If you can guess who they were going for just from the headsculpt then imo that should at least rate an 80%+.

I really wanted an updated Cavill Supes, and both 1/3 scales (JND & Queen) and both life size busts (Infinity and Queen) weren’t to my liking.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 12:33 AM   #143
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljellow View Post
I think their likeless is very good. Certainly above 70%. So far, I've just seen you criticize, but not give examples of what you think is better.

Curious which examples you think are better likenesses of some of their subjects:

The Sean Connery was near perfect.

Cavill’s wasn’t good enough imo. For whatever reason I actually prefer Queens (if not for that silly pose they chose). And I actually like Prime 1’s 1/2 scale sculpt. One of these days I’ll get it repainted.

And even though I’ve got it, I honestly thought their prior WW had a better likeness. And have you seen those recent repainted Prime 1 pieces. Damn they look good.

The MP Catwoman is iffy. The single pack is good enough for me to preorder, but many are still rating the Prime 1 as better. But the unmasked?
Old 04-17-2024, 12:40 AM   #144
cooljellow
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
The Sean Connery was near perfect.
Agree

Quote:
Cavill?s wasn?t good enough imo. For whatever reason I actually prefer Queens (if not for that silly pose they chose). And I actually like Prime 1?s 1/2 scale sculpt. One of these days I?ll get it repainted.
I think JND's Cavill is a better likeness than Queen's.

Quote:
And even though I?ve got it, I honestly thought their prior WW had a better likeness. And have you seen those recent repainted Prime 1 pieces. Damn they look good.
I think JND's premium WW is the best likeness I've seen of Gal.

Quote:
The MP Catwoman is iffy. The single pack is good enough for me to preorder, but many are still rating the Prime 1 as better. But the unmasked?
I think it's the best Michelle Pfeiffer likeness I've seen. I've looked at Prime 1. It's good, but for realism, you can't beat silicon skin texture and glass eyes.

Saying there's better is fine, as long as you can show me what you think is better. I haven't seen better myself. :-)
cooljellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 12:52 AM   #145
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Agree

I think JND's Cavill is a better likeness than Queen's.

I think JND's premium WW is the best likeness I've seen of Gal.

I think it's the best Michelle Pfeiffer likeness I've seen. I've looked at Prime 1. It's good, but for realism, you can't beat silicon skin texture and glass eyes.

Saying there's better is fine, as long as you can show me what you think is better. I haven't seen better myself. :-)
I just realised I worded my response slightly wrong. I have the new Premium WW, but preferred the face sculpt on the previous one. Only thing lacking imo on the old one was the skin texture, but I liked the overall face sculpt more for likeness.
Old 04-17-2024, 02:29 AM   #146
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:

I would love to but I don’t want start a commotion with my list lol. No offence but there are way too many 70’s from this company that charges a premium. More effort and improvement is needed in the likeness and sculpting department to hail as the best and to justify their price point. JND is good but no where near as good as their arrogance.

Quote:
Which is why I said they?re amongst the best. All of them have their hits and misses. Though 70% is a bit harsh imo. If you can guess who they were going for just from the headsculpt then imo that should at least rate an 80%+.

I really wanted an updated Cavill Supes, and both 1/3 scales (JND & Queen) and both life size busts (Infinity and Queen) weren?t to my liking.
I think it’s fair. Especially at their price point and what they are trying to accomplish.

I agree and I do as well. Everyone has disappointed in Cavill Supes unfortunately. I wonder if Queen changed and improved blue suit Supes bust. It’s been super quiet on that piece and they didn’t even show it at their shows.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 03:01 AM   #147
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
I would love to but I don?t want start a commotion with my list lol. No offence but there are way too many 70?s from this company that charges a premium. More effort and improvement is needed in the likeness and sculpting department to hail as the best and to justify their price point. JND is good but no where near as good as their arrogance.

I think it’s fair. Especially at their price point and what they are trying to accomplish.

I agree and I do as well. Everyone has disappointed in Cavill Supes unfortunately. I wonder if Queen changed and improved blue suit Supes bust. It’s been super quiet on that piece and they didn’t even show it at their shows.
The Supes Queen bust is supposedly about to ship. I’m quite sure I saw it on their updated list that they posted to Facebook not that long ago.

And no Queen bust has ever been improved upon from their prototypes. Well Wonder Woman was, but that was early in the cycle and still the production had decreased in quality from that particular update. Though I still like the piece.
Old 04-17-2024, 03:40 AM   #148
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
The Supes Queen bust is supposedly about to ship. I?m quite sure I saw it on their updated list that they posted to Facebook not that long ago.

And no Queen bust has ever been improved upon from their prototypes. Well Wonder Woman was, but that was early in the cycle and still the production had decreased in quality from that particular update. Though I still like the piece.
I saw that as well. I’m interested to see how it turns out. I didn’t like the black Supes they had on display at their event. Something was off. So it’s not looking good for the blue one. Not as bad as the recent Infinity Supes that looks like Joaquin Phoenix/Roger Federer lol.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote