Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 07-01-2018, 05:24 PM   #121
DarkShadow
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
none of this makes any sense. Weta has some fire sales to clear unsold inventory from their warehouse to make room.

Yet now it seems they are having factory making fresh batches just to be sold by the fire sale? At least that's what people in this thread is saying to justify the months delay for supposedly in stock items after they took our money.

I dont understand how this make any sense, to go through all the trouble and make statues that are sold 50-70% off instead of just cancelling the orders like they always do when they oversold in all previous fire sales.

I think we are being played and in for a rude surprise soon, happy to be wrong if they actually ships.
Yes, I'm sure a major visual effects studio doing collectibles on the side wants to throw away its reputation by grabbing customers money on a few collectibles and legging it
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:26 AM   #122
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
Yes, I'm sure a major visual effects studio doing collectibles on the side wants to throw away its reputation by grabbing customers money on a few collectibles and legging it
I don't think that is what he meant, they have oversold in the past and issued refunds well after the orders were placed. He wasn't talking about them trying to steal.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 05:09 AM   #123
DarkShadow
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I don't think that is what he meant, they have oversold in the past and issued refunds well after the orders were placed. He wasn't talking about them trying to steal.
Ah, sorry. The being played part in his message got me thinking like that.

Anyway, I was wondering about that, as I saw on Facebook someone say they oversold Grond, and that he ended up getting a refund for it. So I asked customer support, I had several statues on pre-order from that sale, Grond, Fell Beast bust, Rivendell (x2, I had everything else already). They confirmed that yes, I would get everything with an estimated time of arrival in June. Weirdly enough, I already got Grond, it seemed that that was still in stock in the EU warehouse. That the other stuff might end up shipping in July instead of June doesn't really surprise me. Delays in shipping can happen quite easily.

I also have Eomer on pre-order, and I asked today if it would really come in July, and they said yes, it would be charged and dispatched in the next 3 weeks, so I'm starting to think that's one big shipment coming into their warehouses this month.
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:42 PM   #124
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

so anyone got their rivendell? we are now in august and not a peep from weta.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:32 AM   #125
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

My Fell Beast bust was shipped out yesterday after I made my final payment back in May.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:10 PM   #126
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

My pieces finally shipped also(didn't have a Rivendell)
Old 08-12-2018, 12:30 AM   #127
pinkxter
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

my two rivendell shipped
pinkxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:16 PM   #128
Darth Milo
Hydra

For those of you who are still waiting for a statue (or more) from the "stocktake sale", I just received this message from Weta:

"Apologies, we have just discovered we had a short fall of stock sent to our Warehouses.

More stock is having to be sent from our Warehouse in China.

This means it is still approx 8 weeks away from being dispatched to you.

Please let me know if you are happy to wait or if you'd prefer we cancel and refund your order."

So my wait for the Torturer of Dol Guldur statue (that was supposed to ship this march) continues..
Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 04:21 PM   #129
pinkxter
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I got Rivendell, both of them and am disappointed.

What is upsetting me is this box must have like 4-6 QC stamps.

Where do I start, areas where the paint is chipped, blobs of glue, or that I am pretty sure they forgot to paint the stripes on the roof.

Ugh - anyone else get their Rivendell?
pinkxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 05:31 PM   #130
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Qc must be there for making sure it isn't broken in half or something.