Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 08-18-2018, 03:38 AM   #271
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsroy View Post
Snake was a must-have but mantis...meh. Cool, iconic and very well done (awesome job F4F) but 1/4 scale is too much.

For this saga with lots of iconic characters 1/4 was an error, most of us don't have enough space for certain characters. 1/6 was the best choice in my opinion.
Agreed. I’m fine with Snake as a one-off. Maybe I’ll get Gray Fox too.

I might have been interested if he was closer to Spike’s price point.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:03 AM   #272
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

For every person who wants 1/6 you'll find one who wants 1/4.

They did this so well, and at this point you only have F4F doing 1/4 and Gecco doing 1/6, not a lot of choice for MGS fans but it's a lot more than what we had a few years ago and i think F4F have a good vision with these and are sticking to it.

I actually think Psycho Mantis is done better than Snake, i was never sold on Snakes pose but i think this is perfect for PM and that base is so well realized and executed.

I think $525 is good price, i thought we might have seen him at $499 especially with Snake having a motorized base, light up features and 3 swap out heads....but at least the price point is consistent.

Spikes price point is a one off, Jet is gonna be much closer to normal price of around $450, this was never ever gonna be $350.....and i doubt any other 1/4 pieces ever will be.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:10 AM   #273
ukshaun
Hercules

Great looking piece. Excellent base concept. The fact remains, i prefer the look of the Psycho Mantis that appears during The Phantom Pain
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:31 AM   #274
Furyan
Mephisto

Digging Mantis great job F4F.
Furyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 10:03 AM   #275
letsroy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
For every person who wants 1/6 you'll find one who wants 1/4.

They did this so well, and at this point you only have F4F doing 1/4 and Gecco doing 1/6, not a lot of choice for MGS fans but it's a lot more than what we had a few years ago and i think F4F have a good vision with these and are sticking to it.

I actually think Psycho Mantis is done better than Snake, i was never sold on Snakes pose but i think this is perfect for PM and that base is so well realized and executed.

I think $525 is good price, i thought we might have seen him at $499 especially with Snake having a motorized base, light up features and 3 swap out heads....but at least the price point is consistent.

Spikes price point is a one off, Jet is gonna be much closer to normal price of around $450, this was never ever gonna be $350.....and i doubt any other 1/4 pieces ever will be.
I disagree with you, with all respect.

"For every person who wants 1/6 you'll find one who wants 1/4."

I don't think so. I am a fan of 1/4 scale but the lack of space is something that affects most collectors. MGS Saga would has better sales in 1/6, maybe not with snake but with the other less important characters.

Imagine for example: Solid, Mantis, Fox, Sniper Wolf...uhmm and we would say Ocelot & Liquid.
6 1/4 pieces, how many of you are going to buy them all?

Then if they continue with MG2, MG3 etc we would say easily:
Snake MG2, Raiden, Solidus, Naked Snake, The Boss, Volgin, Eva, Young Ocelot, Old snake, Ninja Raiden, Liquid Ocelot, Venom Snake & Quiet.
Just my list (I could forget a few).

It is impossible (90% of the cases) you could buy them all and continue with other collections, or even just buy this line.

1/6 scale...maybe no all of them (difficult but possible) but most of the people how love the saga would buy 5-8 statues more for sure. That is my point and it is just an opinion, I imagine how market works but I don't know sure.

I love this mantis by the way.
Did you see the updated version of Snake? I consider it as a master piece, it surprises me you don't like it.
letsroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 10:55 AM   #276
apellica
The Herculoids

Personally, I think 1/5 is the sweet spot. Such an underrated scale. Big enough to appreciate more of the detail and small enough to fit into cabinets like the bestas more easily with all these big bases being made.
apellica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 11:53 AM   #277
BurningRage
Inhumans

People are going all in on Prime 1 1/4 Berserk line and most pieces are $1000 each. I’m not a big enough fan of MGS to collect a whole line though even if they were smaller scale.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 11:54 AM   #278
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsroy View Post
Snake was a must-have but mantis...meh. Cool, iconic and very well done (awesome job F4F) but 1/4 scale is too much.

For this saga with lots of iconic characters 1/4 was an error, most of us don't have enough space for certain characters. 1/6 was the best choice in my opinion.
Well said. Beside Snake, it would be difficult to display/buy in to the entire MGS1 roster 1/4th wise. Fox Hound, Meryl, Cyborg Ninja. That's allot of dough per character. Although I love MGS. 1/6th would be much more manageable. Take the Gekko Gray Fox, day one po for me.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 12:31 PM   #279
apellica
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Well said. Beside Snake, it would be difficult to display/buy in to the entire MGS1 roster 1/4th wise. Fox Hound, Meryl, Cyborg Ninja. That's allot of dough per character. Although I love MGS. 1/6th would be much more manageable. Take the Gekko Gray Fox, day one po for me.
This is F4F we are talking about here. They have like 300 licenses to deal with. It will be a long time for them to carry out the full roster of MGS.
apellica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 08:19 AM   #280
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by apellica View Post
This is F4F we are talking about here. They have like 300 licenses to deal with. It will be a long time for them to carry out the full roster of MGS.
Exactly. They are going to concentrate on MGS first so by the time we have Sniper wolf, Ocelot and Liquid we are talking years and years before it's a huge collection and before they even think to tackle 2/3/4/5

Honestly if you are a big MGS you'll be buying these or Gecco regardless of scale.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote