Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Kinetiquettes

Old 09-07-2018, 01:28 PM   #81
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
I'm waiting for it to go up on SS...hope their shipping will be reasonabler. Right now from Kinetiquettes to Belgium is 375$
They replied to me on Facebook that they are trying to work with Tsume again, if i can get this from Tsume for retail and lower shipping with no import fee's i'm probably gonna bite at this point....
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:38 PM   #82
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
They replied to me on Facebook that they are trying to work with Tsume again, if i can get this from Tsume for retail and lower shipping with no import fee's i'm probably gonna bite at this point....
Is Tsume based in Europe? I also want to get this piece but crazy shipping and insane import duties are killing the deal
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 06:56 PM   #83
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Radd Titan has a review up of the ap production sample

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AwtdtKATirc
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:20 PM   #84
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
Radd Titan has a review up of the ap production sample

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AwtdtKATirc
Reviewing production samples is so stupid, whats the point really. Also they know nothing of the character.

Don't see the point of it...it'll probably be on eBay soon most review pieces they get are...

Also i have to say at 19:25 up close paints on his jacket and hat don't look great imo....I'm flip flopping all over on this piece and i think that's made the decision for me, i said it in the Prime 1 FOTNS thread at this point in time i need it to be love at first sight with a statue and this isn't it unfortunately, the search continues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
Is Tsume based in Europe? I also want to get this piece but crazy shipping and insane import duties are killing the deal
Yeah based in Europe so you'd have lower shipping and no import fee's.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:20 PM   #85
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Yeah based in Europe so you'd have lower shipping and no import fee's.
Thanks

Also agree on the reviewers not being the most capable for the job
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:04 PM   #86
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

The only point of the review imo is getting to see the thing up close and how its put together. Could care less about what they say about it.

19:25 The cap looks like its supposed to be a bit grimy and worn. blackwash around the lettering and you can see they painted wearing marks down the seams
Old 09-08-2018, 08:05 AM   #87
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
The only point of the review imo is getting to see the thing up close and how its put together. Could care less about what they say about it.

19:25 The cap looks like its supposed to be a bit grimy and worn. blackwash around the lettering and you can see they painted wearing marks down the seams
Then is that really a review? An overview sure, not a review imo.

When i look at this and i see what Prime 1 are doing, i just can't justify $700.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:10 AM   #88
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Then is that really a review? An overview sure, not a review imo.

When i look at this and i see what Prime 1 are doing, i just can't justify $700.
Well technically to review something is just to look it over but I get what youre saying. It being a production sample the finished product should come out pretty close to it.

I dont think you can get anything like this from Prime 1 for under $1k. $700 is kind of the new baseline price for these larger pieces. F4F Bowser and new Link on horse for example- and they have some of the best prices in the biz. Prime1 has been very hit and miss for me personally. I still dont even have one. They seem to always knock franchises I dont want out of the park and fail miserably on the stuff I like lol.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:14 AM   #89
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

For the price, size and details of this statue, we believe the price is reasonable. We always try our best to make our statues affordable eventhough production cost in china has gone up close to 50% compared to how they were 2-3 years ago. Also, the review done by Radd Titan is to give people an idea what the actual final product will be like. The lighting in their review might not be ideal because it makes the colors and details slightly washed out. But ofcourse those who have ordered from us before, know that we deliver more than what is promised in our prototypes as we improve things along the line. So far we've gotten tremendous response for Terry and once we close pre-orders and the statue is sold out, we will not be reproducing him or creating more variants like some other companies do. So this will be a true limited edition statue.

Furthermore, one of the reasons we believe we have a unique position for this line is because we work directly with Japan SNK, who's approval process is very strict. This allows us to do the best representations of their characters. Also, we can confidently say that we do some of the most dynamic statues in the market due to our background as artists and animators. Not to mention, our love of SNK fighting games since we have spent most of our time playing them when we were growing up.

Last edited by Kinetiquettes; 09-09-2018 at 05:17 AM.
Kinetiquettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 10:01 AM   #90
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Will Sideshow be carrying him? I looked but couldnt find him.