Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 04-30-2016, 03:35 AM   #261
Fenrir
Fantastic Four

Personally I wouldn't buy a combo set, but I'd definitely would buy Panthor. Even at a higher pricepoint.
Fenrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 03:38 AM   #262
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Yes but they are different characters. Skeletor is arguably moe appealing than He-Man. Battle Cat is definitely more of a "must have" than Panthor. Ergo, if the combination is too costly, a solo Skeletor is probably still a viable option.
But for Jerry to make a third skeletor meanwhile Sideshow making one is not a right move and unfortunately for us the reason that Filmation and Mixed media lines could be stopped.
But making a skeletor + panthor would be a right move because a lof of us want the cat and that would be an originality and a must have.
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 03:59 AM   #263
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
I'm totally down with half-measures if it means we get Skeletor or no "Skeletor & Panthor".
Quote:
Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
But for Jerry to make a third skeletor meanwhile Sideshow making one is not a right move and unfortunately for us the reason that Filmation and Mixed media lines could be stopped.
But making a skeletor + panthor would be a right move because a lof of us want the cat and that would be an originality and a must have.
Exactly. If not for Battle Cat, I would've passed on the He-Man. Skeletor by himself wouldn't do it for me. I'd need his mount also. Actually, seeing skeletor mounted on Panthor would be awesome if structurally sound.

gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 04:32 AM   #264
Otter
Justice League

Well, maybe I'm in the minority.

I just figure it would be easier to break even on a single statue than a combination, and that it'd be easier to move Skeletor than Panthor. Regardless of what Sideshow is doing. I think their Skeletor is too stylised for a lot of people, and there's a market for something detailed, yet classic.

... but this is a Panthor thread.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 04:38 AM   #265
Otter
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
But the bust and the Filmation statue all sold out, right? And what's been established with He-Man and Battle Cat is a totally different aesthetic than Sideshow's, or either of those. It would appeal to a different market.

All I know is that if I could only get one statue, and PCS did do a 1:4 Skeletor, I'd cancel my Sideshow order in a heartbeat. But I'm just one guy.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:24 PM   #266
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

SS's isnt even Skeletor. It a dude dressed up as a skeleton guy that sort of resembles Skeletor.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 02:50 AM   #267
Otter
Justice League

Quote:
But only a few ordered it. Less than 50% of the number we need to go into production...

“We only cancel when the pre-orders are very very low. So low that we would lose money going into production.”

“The numbers were very very low...

“If our [licensing] deal wasnt up in 6 months Id regroup and try to sell them direct through me. I only have to sell half as many if Im selling directly...

“200 is our minimum to go into production but that doesnt fluctuate depending on the piece. Tygra didnt come close to 200”

http://news.thundercats.ws/2012/10/0...e-canceled-511

Just found this from PCS while browsinging the Sideshow thread, regarding the cancelled PCS Tygra. I know times have changed somewhat, but I find it hard to believe there aren't options. A low edition run of 200 on Skeletor would have to sell through, right?

EDIT: Actually, reading a bit of the PCS Thudnercats thread I can understand why Jerry would be gun shy of future MOTU mixed media releases, if He-Man sales didn't perform as expected, particularly for Panthor which could be considered pretty niche within the fandom (regardless of how popular he is in this thread). But Skeletor, even as a combo... I reckon has the chops. Hopefully this isn't dead just yet. Maybe a little more noise from the community would help.

Last edited by Otter; 05-01-2016 at 02:50 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 05-01-2016, 06:46 PM   #268
KELPIE
New Republic

A Skeletor on Panthor would be awesome. It would also be a great way to push the "combo" aspect of the set. No chance of only buying Skelly or Panthor if one is riding the other.

Just to throw a cat among the pigeons... Jerry did say he had some positive feedback from distributors about 1:3 realistic He-Man and Skeletor. Would you be interested?
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:02 PM   #269
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
A Skeletor on Panthor would be awesome. It would also be a great way to push the "combo" aspect of the set. No chance of only buying Skelly or Panthor if one is riding the other.

Just to throw a cat among the pigeons... Jerry did say he had some positive feedback from distributors about 1:3 realistic He-Man and Skeletor. Would you be interested?
WHAT!!!??? 1/3? That would be awesome! When did he say that?
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 08:14 PM   #270
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post
WHAT!!!??? 1/3? That would be awesome! When did he say that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Having said all that, my retailers and distributors are telling me a 1:3 Skeletor and He-Man re-designed in a modern way, might do well, and as an artist the challenge of doing that is very appealing. But Im hesitant to spend the time and money on a 1:3 set (we would only do it as a set) after being so let down on the 1:4 He-Man sales.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote