Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 03-11-2016, 12:28 AM   #51
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
Very surprised at that outcome, Nate is such a one dimensional fighter, and I thought Conor would've overwhelmed him with his creativity and various strikes, but he didn't do much of that, just kept trying to land bombs every time which looked like it drained the hell out of him. Props to Nate for a crazy victory.
Nate is not a one dimensional fighter. He's always been great at BJJ, and his striking is very good. His brother just gives and gets and overwhelms where as Nate actually uses his range.

I do sorely dislike the Diaz bros though.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:28 AM   #52
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Nate is not a one dimensional fighter. He's always been great at BJJ, and his striking is very good. His brother just gives and gets and overwhelms where as Nate actually uses his range.

I do sorely dislike the Diaz bros though.
I know he's got a good BJJ game, but he pretty much only uses that if he gets taken down, he rarely ever takes others down and tries to get the sub. His game plan is just to stand and bang with his opponents from a range, no kicks, mostly just jabs and crosses. When you fight him, you know what you're going to get. No surprises there.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 05:44 PM   #53
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I also disagree with Nate being a one dimensional fighter. Sure we will box with you and be content doing that the whole fight, but I've seen him pull guard and also throw people to the ground followed up with either ground and pound or jiu-jitsu.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 02:38 PM   #54
MrJones

Holy crap! I'm just learning Lesnar is fighting again at UFC 200? And against Mark Hunt?! I'm a huge, huge fan of Lesnar... but he's going to get knocked out.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:47 PM   #55
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I'm a huge, huge fan of Lesnar... but he's going to get knocked out.
I honestly am not that excited by this. I thought Brock was pretty tough and unbeatable... then he got beat and went back to fake fighting, pretty disappointing to me. I will be watching though.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 02:59 PM   #56
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Brock can't take real fight damage... He's athletic but pusses out when taken into deep waters.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 03:37 PM   #57
MrJones

Ah we have a couple "wrestling is fake" guys.... all I will give you is that it's certainly scripted.

Brock is a freak, he was UFC heavyweight champ and NCAA champ. I was the first to say (in this thread) he's going to get dusted... but I don't think he's not one tough SOB.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:06 PM   #58
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Tough SOB when he's winning, throws in the towel with seemingly moderate damage.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 09:19 AM   #59
MrJones

I wish I could argue... his plans really go out the window when he gets punched in the face... starts doing these weird side punches. Did you see him land on his head at an old WrestleMania though? To be able to continue after that is freakish.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:42 AM   #60
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Ah we have a couple "wrestling is fake" guys.... all I will give you is that it's certainly scripted.

Brock is a freak, he was UFC heavyweight champ and NCAA champ. I was the first to say (in this thread) he's going to get dusted... but I don't think he's not one tough SOB.
I don't disagree at all with the fact that Brock is a physically capable competitor who also happens to be pretty tough and definitely imposing. But explain to me how wrestling in the WWE etc is "scripted' but not "fake".

The guys in those organizations train pretty hard and must be in top physical condition to do what they do, but they are not actually fighting, which is why I personally say wrestling is fake. I used to be a big WWF fan back in the mid to late 80's, even sat ringside here at the L.A. Sports Arena for quite a few events. I could clearly see that most blows did not even connect. It didn't really take away from my enjoyment but once I saw that, and realized the outcomes were decided beforehand I knew that this was all fake.

Again, on a physical level these guys are the real deal. As far as fighting goes in WWE, fake.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote