Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

View Poll Results: Would you pay more for the Filmation He-Man Statues You Want?
I would pay at least $100 extra per regular Filmation statue. 26 60.47%
I would pay at least $1,100 (AFTER discount) for the Panthor & Skeletor realistic set 30 69.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2016, 05:28 AM   #21
Cheshire76
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
It's a pity the realistic He-Man/Battle Cat didn't sell well. No doubt Jerry learned to adjust his pricing accordingly and rely on combos should Skeletor/Panthor ever be revisited.

I wonder if any classic Filmation fans bought the realistic Battle Cat. Would get a kick seeing him with the Filmation He-Man.
well i am waiting to see who is taking over the filmation line, and if it will be made....i think the realistic style battlecat would work..however i would prefer a more cartoony look to match the filmation style, plus i just got to have that always terrified cringer look if they did a switch out head lol
Cheshire76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:09 AM   #22
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post
Maybe in your scenario where only 100 orders come in, PCS wouldn't make much of a profit, but I'm extremely confident that the combo would exceed the 200 minimum. That being the case, I wouldn't even see the need to price the combo at $1,200, let alone even have an open pre-order.. I said it just to voice another option. If The He-Man & Battlecat Combo sold out at 300pcs, why wouldn't a Skeletor & Panthor combo? PCS not continuing the path they started with the mixed media He-Man & Battlecat just seems silly to me. The first combo was successful - So will the second combo, if they actually give the fans and supporters what they want. How can you have a He-Man & Battlecat without his most prominant enemy, Skeletor & Panthor? Batman without the Joker, Spidey without Green Goblin? It just isn't right.
Cause it might cost $300 -$400 more than He-Man.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:18 AM   #23
Ecnerwal813
Doh!

New order process?

Is it reasonable to offer a different method of ordering for pieces like these? If the first batch didn't do well (He-Man and Battle Cat) perhaps, other characters in the line can be approached differently? I won't pretend to know anything about the business side and operations of statue making, but I wonder if PCS can still make $ on a smaller order number.
If you open a pre-order without a specific number set then maybe you can eliminate waste? For example, offer Skeletor and Panthor with a date for pre-order leaving it open for a set timeframe (maybe a month) and then only produce what was ordered, as if a private commission.
This does 2 things, ensures that your customer base that really wants these collectibles has a chance to get them and leaves secondary market options limited, because collectors who want them will have the opportunity and jump.
Perhaps, and my hope, is that PCS could also make $ off a system like that, even if a small amount (better than losing because of waste or pieces that won't sell). Hope, this makes sense!
Ecnerwal813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:38 PM   #24
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecnerwal813 View Post
Is it reasonable to offer a different method of ordering for pieces like these? If the first batch didn't do well (He-Man and Battle Cat) perhaps, other characters in the line can be approached differently? I won't pretend to know anything about the business side and operations of statue making, but I wonder if PCS can still make $ on a smaller order number.
If you open a pre-order without a specific number set then maybe you can eliminate waste? For example, offer Skeletor and Panthor with a date for pre-order leaving it open for a set timeframe (maybe a month) and then only produce what was ordered, as if a private commission.
This does 2 things, ensures that your customer base that really wants these collectibles has a chance to get them and leaves secondary market options limited, because collectors who want them will have the opportunity and jump.
Perhaps, and my hope, is that PCS could also make $ off a system like that, even if a small amount (better than losing because of waste or pieces that won't sell). Hope, this makes sense!
They already only produce what is ordered. If the orders are below the max ES then whatever is ordered is all that is made.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 01:37 PM   #25
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Filmation did well always sell out in a day or a couple of weeks. Mix media did not sell well to begin with. That's the bottom line, which I believe many wanted a realistic mixed media line to continue instead of filmation from the votes. If we had a poll should we continue the mixed media line I would vote no please end that line the same way they voted against filmation not because it's no good. But because I'm not a fan and prefer more attention to the line I want instead. Lol again I bet just about all the no came from people who doesn't collect the line at all.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 12:10 AM   #26
WolfAtTheGates
Doh!

I'd be fine paying more for the Filmation statues, even if it's only for Mer-Man. I do think Ram-Man would make an awesome statue though.
WolfAtTheGates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 12:42 AM   #27
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I would definitely pay $100 or $200 more for a regular Filmation statue SO LONG AS that said statue was MER-MAN!
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 01:23 AM   #28
Comicbookguy
Hercules

This line sell out every time fast too. A week sell out is still consider very good. Now if it's still no then maybe a tv accurate thundercats! Lol
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 01:56 AM   #29
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Doom View Post
I would definitely pay $100 or $200 more for a regular Filmation statue SO LONG AS that said statue was MER-MAN!
+1 doctor !
bObA_fEtt_Ox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:09 AM   #30
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfAtTheGates View Post
I'd be fine paying more for the Filmation statues, even if it's only for Mer-Man. I do think Ram-Man would make an awesome statue though.
Same here and I really think characters as Man e faces, Ram man, Tri-klops could be awesome.
But since Jerry said he doesn't want to continue the Filmation line, I guess if all the fan support can change his mind, that would probably only for the one he have already worked on it : Mer-man.
That's also by far the character more demanded by Motu fans.
And the best way to finish the Filmation line.
bObA_fEtt_Ox is online now   Reply With Quote