Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

View Poll Results: Would you pay more for the Filmation He-Man Statues You Want?
I would pay at least $100 extra per regular Filmation statue. 26 60.47%
I would pay at least $1,100 (AFTER discount) for the Panthor & Skeletor realistic set 30 69.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2016, 03:36 PM   #31
Timothy
The Spirit

At first glance, I am tempted to say "no" to a Skeletor and Panthor price increase. However, if Sideshow can charge 550 per statue...Then why shouldn't I consider an increase for this set? I would ONLY be willing to spend it for Skeletor and Panthor.

Unfortunately, it does not seem to matter...He sounds like he is done with He-Man. I doubt this statute set gets made.
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 05:25 AM   #32
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

I think it is still possible because it is just a matter of money.
If Jerry increases the price that could solve that.

Anyway guys think about to vote on this poll on he-man.org, to determin which Filmation statue you would want to see next, if Jerry could make at least one to finish this awesome collection.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...o-see-from-PCS
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 06:41 PM   #33
KELPIE
New Republic

I think we can all assume and should accept that the Filmation line is ending.

In reality, this thread should all be about the opportunity to squeak out one more in Mer-Man who has already had some initial development work done.

That I think is in the realms of possibility and it would be a great opportunity to have the intro cast completed.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:49 AM   #34
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
I think we can all assume and should accept that the Filmation line is ending.

In reality, this thread should all be about the opportunity to squeak out one more in Mer-Man who has already had some initial development work done.

That I think is in the realms of possibility and it would be a great opportunity to have the intro cast completed.
You are absolutely right.
It is a hard to swallow, but at least getting Mer-man to finish the line with all the intro cast and since Jerry said he has already worked on Mer-man.

And anyway we are many wanting this Mer-man.
If Jerry read all posts regarding Motu and if he can check on he-man.org to see the poll results, he will see.
Old 07-27-2016, 04:20 AM   #35
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Just to bump this thread again !
Old 07-29-2016, 06:53 AM   #36
Aaron76
Frackin!

would pay more for sure if that's the only way to have them
Aaron76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 09:13 AM   #37
Lorde Trooper
The Herculoids

I would have for sure, would had been nice if jerry chimmed in and stated why he wouldnt pre-order, show progressive pics, set a higher price, anything. I just dont believe all the statements, sorry thats just how i feel. He still has the license, fans want mer-man for christ sacks, just pre-order, set it at $450.00 the same as SS. Surely he will make a return by adding an extra $100.00 to each piece.
Lorde Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 11:00 PM   #38
AnRcoZappatlst
Frackin!

Would absolutely pay more.
AnRcoZappatlst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 01:01 AM   #39
qz33
Doctor Doom

WARNING: Long post ahead.

She-Ra is currently set at ~$350. For a premium to even maybe, kinda, from a place of love kinda way, make sense for Mer-Man it would have to be at least $450 - $500 AFTER DISCOUNT.

Maybe, maybe if he took blind faith POs (no prototype) just showed concept art and he got 100 orders at $500 a piece in the first 3 days it would have enought momentum to be worth it.

The She-Ra EX isn't totally sold out even at 250 due to cancels. 250 @ $350 = $87,500. Let's assume She-Ra sells out and PCS gets that.
Now according to Jerry She-Ra was the most requested character after He-Man. What that means is Mer-Man isn't doing 250 in sales. For the same income PCS would have to sell 175 @ $500 each. Selling that many Mer-Mans may be possible but at that price may not be. Plus he's selling in a character in a known dying line with little to no future.

Now production costs. Jerry has said the factories don't reallly want to do anything less than 200 pieces as it isn't worth it. I kinda doubt the factories care to charge by a percentage of PCS's sales price. They likely charge per piece and that affects their income. A smaller ES likely equates to higher production costs. How much I have no clue.

Could production costs for 175 at a higher price be the same as 250 at a lower price again I don't know but whatever that cost is it would come out of that $87,500. Let's say production cost is half that income so $43,750 left. Now take out a lower conservative of $23,750 for an estimate of design costs and you've got $20,000 of profit.

Or Jerry can use those same resources (not just design and production but customer service, website design, etc. ) and do another Street Fighter piece at ~$390 (an guestimate at an average selling price for Oni considering all discount options) and sell at least 500 for $195,500 income. Take out half for production (which has an even better chance of being a lessser percentage since you're making so many) and you have $97,500 left. Now since it's SF let's take out $37,500 for the proto design and you have $60,000 in income.

That's 3 TIMES the PROFIT for PCS for roughly the same amount of work from PCS.
SF and MK get the benefit of Jerry sculpting SOMETHING for them like the 1/3s or the big beasts. MOTU is just management and direction from Jerry's perspective.
In other word's Jerry sculpting something is less money PCS has to pay out to hire another sculptors work. Plus he doesn't get the satisfaction of sculpting something he himself wants to do and he's already done a large stable of MOTU big guns so maybe there's less for Jerry to see as an achievement.

Plus $20,000 won't even pay an employees salary and PCS now has 3 customer service reps instead of 1 like they had 2-3 years ago. I'm not blaming CS just an easily known increase in expense for PCS.

This is just an analysis with a LOT of guesswork with what tiny bit I "know". This isn't even counting Reg sales. It's easy to discount them as not important as "icing on the cake" but "icing" can be great and they do make some money on them and I'm sure other countries' retailers have much better sales of SF/MK than MOTU. Plus PCS is competing in an industry where a 1000 ES is easily the norm.

And this is from someone that really wants Mer-Man!
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 02:12 AM   #40
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Maybe, maybe if he took blind faith POs (no prototype) just showed concept art and he got 100 orders at $500 a piece in the first 3 days it would have enought momentum to be worth it.
I'd pre-order Mer-Man off a concept sketch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
The She-Ra EX isn't totally sold out even at 250 due to cancels. 250 @ $350 = $87,500. Let's assume She-Ra sells out and PCS gets that. Now according to Jerry She-Ra was the most requested character after He-Man. What that means is Mer-Man isn't doing 250 in sales.
That argument is a little flawed. By that logic, Beast Man, Trap Jaw, Hordak, Man at Arms, Teela, Evil-Lyn and Skeletor, wouldn't sell 250es, yet they did.

Not disagreeing with you by the way, I think it would take a leap of faith/passion from Jerry to finish it off with Mer-Man and I just don't think it would happen.

I'd love it to happen, but can't blame PCS or Jerry if it doesn't.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote