Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-04-2015, 06:14 PM   #221
Electric Tiki
Producer
Producer

Pre-orders will start late this year. She won't ship before at least first quarter 2016 according to the factory. Retail price will be $299.99 for each version. Deposit will most likely be $50. We're still not 100% sure if we will ship outside of the US. If we get a shipping partner we will decide then.

If anyone has ordered Sideshow statues and had them shipped outside of the US what has your experience been? Do they arrive in good shape? I ordered the Chris Sanders Mermaid and it shipped from China. The statue arrived in good shape but the box was beat to hell and they did not offer replacements for the box. I will not be able to handle returns in this case.

best,

Tracy
Electric Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:29 PM   #222
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

I've ordered a lot of items from Japan, China, USA, etc. I've not had a statue break in shipping, but I've had the occasional damage to the statue box.

I think the best way to safely pack it is to put the statue box inside another snugly fitting box, then put thick bubble wrap around that box and then put that inside a larger strong box.

Box in a box in bubble wrapping in a box usually works best in my opinion.
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 10:08 PM   #223
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Statues arrive fine. Reality is, it's only one extra plane trip. One extra set of hands handling it. Distance travelled means absolutely nothing for the shipment's safety. Going by the stories I hear of US couriers, I may actually be safer than them
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:36 AM   #224
Seanrm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I'm in Japan and have never had a problem with shipping from Sideshow; everything arrives in good shape.

I don't know which company Anders Ehrenborg used for his recent Mandy statue, but that one shipped directly from China, quickly and cheaply.
Seanrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 04:55 PM   #225
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Tiki View Post
Pre-orders will start late this year. She won't ship before at least first quarter 2016 according to the factory. Retail price will be $299.99 for each version. Deposit will most likely be $50. We're still not 100% sure if we will ship outside of the US. If we get a shipping partner we will decide then.

If anyone has ordered Sideshow statues and had them shipped outside of the US what has your experience been? Do they arrive in good shape? I ordered the Chris Sanders Mermaid and it shipped from China. The statue arrived in good shape but the box was beat to hell and they did not offer replacements for the box. I will not be able to handle returns in this case.

best,

Tracy
Statue arrive in good shape if the packaging is excellent.
Please don't forget international customers, i have bought the two Anders Mandy statues and i don't want to miss yours!!
Maybe if you ship directly from CHINA you will save money for international customers...
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:22 PM   #226
Electric Tiki
Producer
Producer

A couple of things...

--Shipping directly from China isn't an option. Anders has an agreement with Ownage and they do his 3-D printing and shipping. And As I mentioned my Sanders Mermaid box arrived beat to hell from China.

--Re-boxing statues once they arrive here is pretty much impossible as well. I could ship only a few pieces a week if I were doing it myself. We are having our factory box our products using the Sideshow standard which supposed to be pretty darned sturdy. Our plan is to be able to simply attach a label to the pre-packged box and ship.

It will get figured out eventually. It's like we're starting from scratch again.

best,

Tracy
Electric Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:38 AM   #227
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
yeah, please don't forget about us internationals we also have the two Anders Mandy's and really want to add yours to it
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:15 PM   #228
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
OY! already with the push for censorship. Ain't a damn thing wrong with nudity. It's called art.
Easy cowboy...no one is pushing censorship --just a "variant" offering to the original design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macethy View Post
I love the character Mandy and the cheeky art style, but don't think I would ever buy a piece depicting her. She looks way too much like an underage girl and that would make too uncomfortable displaying her at home.
Not sure I agree with you, as she always struck me as more of a college girl in age.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:10 AM   #229
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

Apparently the statue was on display at SDCC, anyone seen any pictures / video?
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 03:27 PM   #230
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

THX pictures (see the stick above thread / Edit sry the thread is in sideshow part of the forum):

Eky is offline   Reply With Quote