Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-31-2015, 08:44 PM   #3791
ScootS
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsarri View Post
The art speaks for itself. A coin does not make a statue or a company more distinguishable than another. Only great customer service and excellent quality can do that.
[Like]
ScootS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:48 PM   #3792
Atheris
The Maxx

In my opinion, if they decided to keep the coins then all pieces should come with it given the low ES of these statues. Not like they really need "exclusives" to sell these things. No sense in only half the runs getting coins when EX's and regulars both sell out in 2 minutes.

Or, they don't include the coins at all, again, for the same reason above. The small edition sizes of these statues makes them exclusive in their own right.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 09:45 PM   #3793
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Love the coin. Gives the statue and exclusive feel without having an actual exclusive. If they did stop it I'm glad I got 1 with mags.

Doesn't make or break this company at all.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 10:08 PM   #3794
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.banner View Post
Here's the box dimensions buddy

Many thanks Doc. Banner. I appreciate it.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:08 PM   #3795
Thor57
Teen Titans

I'd only want a coin for Thor with him being my favorite. If I don't get one though it's hardly a deal breaker.

I guess I'm saying I could take me or leave em.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:23 PM   #3796
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Than these early coin statue editions are going to cost thousands and thousands, or it will not effect sales…

Either way i don't care, Magneto was only one i didnt get coin for but i don't mind at all of course were all in this hobby for the Statue and prints and coins are nice but if they have to id rather see coins go than additional switch out pieces you know??

Sarah
this keeps getting weirder and weirder. you got one with no coin yet you are getting yours next week. i ordered and got a coin and no shipping date yet.

im so confused but i trust in mark so no worries.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 02:48 AM   #3797
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

no need coin, I like my gold coin better lol.
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:08 AM   #3798
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
this keeps getting weirder and weirder. you got one with no coin yet you are getting yours next week. i ordered and got a coin and no shipping date yet.

im so confused but i trust in mark so no worries.
Here are a few scenarios for you. I just made them up... Don't assume I know why!

1. I think someone helped her out by passing a PO to her. So that person could have ordered 2 (1 with and 1 without coin) before yours even yours is with coin. So she's really in front of you.

2. She's more annoying than you. Hey if someone send you email asking for update every day vs someone never does, she might get it first just so he doesn't need to read her mail. (I am not suggesting anyone should send mail asking for update, it could potentially have the opposite effect)

3. Her Mag cost quite a bit more than yours. So there is incentive to get paid more first.
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:10 AM   #3799
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I agree. Especially considering they make a point to drive home they aren't into exclusives or variants. Well, the coins are tantamount to an exclusive offering. They should ditch them. That said even if they didn't I don't have any interest in them myself. Just gimme the statue.
Good point. The intention of the coins was for early pre-orders but I can see how it has escalated to being "exclusives" which is not what we intended.

We will need to complete the coin giveaway for the Avengers line though - this is to ensure the whole line is consistent. For other ranges, we are now reconsidering the coins. We still want to give something away but considering it will be for everyone rather than just the initial pre-orders. Some ideas we are thinking about could be XM-Studios T-Shirts so you can wear 'em. I'm thinking maybe some sort of thin frame that can hold the art prints allowing you to hang em up or stand them on tables behind the statues etc.

Well, let's hear it from the peeps shall we? Post your ideas! Keep the coins? Replace it with something else?
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:13 AM   #3800
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Oh yeah, I'm also thinking of making an easy reference showing a front photo of the packaged parts before they are taken out. Because as collectors, we all tend to forget how to place those parts back when packing them right? A visual reference of where each part fits in will be useful as you are packing them or taking them out. Does this sound good?
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote