Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 11-13-2023, 11:17 AM   #1
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

A question about Jonathan Hickman X-Men events

Should i get the OHCs for X of Swords, Inferno and Hellfire Gala or will there be an omnibus for each of the X-Men Events in the future ?
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 04:53 PM   #2
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Near Mint Condition said that any omnibus editions collecting the entire X-Men Krakoa saga (presumably in chronological order) won't be compiled until after the story is completed in 2024. So I would guess 2025 for the first ones at the earliest.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 05:34 PM   #3
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Near Mint Condition said that any omnibus editions collecting the entire X-Men Krakoa saga (presumably in chronological order) won't be compiled until after the story is completed in 2024. So I would guess 2025 for the first ones at the earliest.
And then X-Men by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus will be absolete ?
Old 11-21-2023, 06:34 PM   #4
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
And then X-Men by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus will be absolete ?
I interpreted the statement as meaning all four phases of the Krakoa saga, Dawn of X, Reign of X, Destiny of X and Fall of X will get multiple omnibus editions that collect everything--depending on sales figures of course.

If you want to read only the Jonathan Hickman-written issues then keep the current X-Men omnibus and supplement them with hardcovers of the crossover events he wrote since those aren't included in the X-Men omnibus. Any future omnibus editions with the crossovers will contain issues of all the other X-titles too, Excalibur, Marauders, New Mutants, Wolverine, etc. and be titled as part of one of the aforementioned four phases of Krakoa.

Again, all my assumption. Nothing beyond the first statement has been clarified yet.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 06:06 AM   #5
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I interpreted the statement as meaning all four phases of the Krakoa saga, Dawn of X, Reign of X, Destiny of X and Fall of X will get multiple omnibus editions that collect everything--depending on sales figures of course.

If you want to read only the Jonathan Hickman-written issues then keep the current X-Men omnibus and supplement them with hardcovers of the crossover events he wrote since those aren't included in the X-Men omnibus. Any future omnibus editions with the crossovers will contain issues of all the other X-titles too, Excalibur, Marauders, New Mutants, Wolverine, etc. and be titled as part of one of the aforementioned four phases of Krakoa.

Again, all my assumption. Nothing beyond the first statement has been clarified yet.
Thanks for the answer. (: I am really looking forward to read Krakoa era of X-Men under Jonathan Hickman Lead. I kind of consider myself the next gen. X-Men guy when it comes to X-Men. I didn't grow up with Claremont X-Men, i couldn't even finish the first vol. of Claremont X-Men when i tried to read it, but the 90s Foxkids X-Men Cartoon was a part of my early teenage years when i was at junior high. I come from there as one of the next gen X-Men guys. lol And then there was Singer X-Men films when i was at high school and University.