Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #71
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
I would agree with you for the 10" crowd.

But I am not into 10" statues. So for me, no disrespect intended, both you (Syco) and PCS have dropped the ball on 1:4 statues in terms of quantity. Quality is fine, although I do wish the Ermac was painted exactly like the render.

But in any case, I wish Syco the best of luck, and I plan on continuing my support of the MK line. Waiting on Scorpion 1:4 now! Can't wait for that one!

Oh, and the Shao Kahn 1:2 bust as well. Btw, you asked about opinions of 1:1 busts. Did you still plan on delving into the 1:1 bust line, or just stick to 1:2?
Old 09-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #72
kingofhobbies
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post

But I am not into 10" statues. So for me, no disrespect intended, both you (Syco) and PCS have dropped the ball on 1:4 statues in terms of quantity. Quality is fine, although I do wish the Ermac was painted exactly like the render.

But in any case, I wish Syco the best of luck, and I plan on continuing my support of the MK line. Waiting on Scorpion 1:4 now! Can't wait for that one!

Oh, and the Shao Kahn 1:2 bust as well. Btw, you asked about opinions of 1:1 busts. Did you still plan on delving into the 1:1 bust line, or just stick to 1:2?
i know they are doing their best
Old 09-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #73
SycoCollectible
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:

how come ??
we did ermac, sonya , and subzero till now.
scorpion , subzero fatality , cyrax are next, smoke is getting sculpted as well in 1/4
we delayed scorpion to please our fans, we were creating a better base to match the one getting done with subzero fatality, also we will add a new full skull head, i am sure you will like it.
1/1 bust, we are considering one, still not confirmed.
but we can confirm raiden in 1/4, and the dragon, lui kang fatality, we barely got approval to get the dragon done.
also, we are aiming at another license, we cant talk anything about it till it is signed, hopefully soon.
we opened a new office in Dubai, got multiple dealerships, we are doing our best, hopefully within a year, we promise you to take this to the next level.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #74
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
So for me, no disrespect intended, both you (Syco) and PCS have dropped the ball on 1:4 statues in terms of quantity. Quality is fine, although I do wish the Ermac was painted exactly like the render.

Not really fair to even compare the two IMO. If Syco has "dropped the ball" on quantity, then PCS hasn't even made it to the playground yet. It's a joke how little they have done w/ the license and it's hard to even count what they have done since it was basically a disaster overall.

I think anywhere from 3 or 4 1/4 scale pieces per year is all that can be expected these days.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:47 PM   #75
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Still waiting on the Scorp 1/4. That's gonna make or break me getting more of the 1/4 line.

I got everything crossed because the proto pics look so ----ing good.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:53 PM   #76
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by SycoCollectible View Post
how come ??
we did ermac, sonya , and subzero till now.
scorpion , subzero fatality , cyrax are next, smoke is getting sculpted as well in 1/4
we delayed scorpion to please our fans, we were creating a better base to match the one getting done with subzero fatality, also we will add a new full skull head, i am sure you will like it.
1/1 bust, we are considering one, still not confirmed.
but we can confirm raiden in 1/4, and the dragon, lui kang fatality, we barely got approval to get the dragon done.
also, we are aiming at another license, we cant talk anything about it till it is signed, hopefully soon.
we opened a new office in Dubai, got multiple dealerships, we are doing our best, hopefully within a year, we promise you to take this to the next level.
Because although you have lots in the works (which is great) in about 1 year and a little over several months, only 2 1/4 statues have been released. So by quantity, I am referring specifically to what has been released, and only 2 have been released so far. Compared to your 10" line, 2 is like comparing a fly to an elephant. How many 10" statues have been released so far? 7 or 8? Thats great for the customers that like the 10" line, but for me who does not buy 10" statues, it sucks.

I know you guys have lots of stuff to come (and I appreciate the sneaks btw), but if I had preference or a say in the matter, I would say focus more on 1/4 and less on the 10". This is me being selfish of course, but I am a huge MK fan, and I just don't want to be hanging with just a couple MK statues.

Btw, great news on Raiden 1/4 (thank you) and glad to hear Smoke is coming down the pipeline. Also, can't wait to see Cyrax (he is looking very nice so far from early pics).

I understand you can't please everyone and that you can't sacrifice 10" statues for 1/4 and vice versa, but I hope you can understand my anxiousness and my wanting more 1/4. That's all I'm saying.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:01 AM   #77
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
Not really fair to even compare the two IMO. If Syco has "dropped the ball" on quantity, then PCS hasn't even made it to the playground yet. It's a joke how little they have done w/ the license and it's hard to even count what they have done since it was basically a disaster overall.

I think anywhere from 3 or 4 1/4 scale pieces per year is all that can be expected these days.
I disagree big. Syco has only released 2 statues, and PCS only 1. Now while 2 is better than 1...lol...its not where it should be in terms of released statues so far. You know how much I support Syco from PCS fanatics like a certain person with a Hulk Avatar to just name one but I am fair to all companies, and the releases of 1:4 statues has been lackluster.

The Scorpion sculpt PCS did was not a disaster (sculpt wise) but that packaging fiasco was a damn shame. You can see PCS picking up the pace with MK, and Syco has tons in the works....but dammit, lets get these 1/4 statues out already.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:07 AM   #78
Erihppas
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SycoCollectible View Post
we will take it one by one, we need to finish with MK9 first, than pass to classic, honestly we are looking for MK1 not 3, but if we have the new license we are looking for, we will have to work much harder to get more pieces produced and i believe we have proven ourselves by releasing enough statues to satisfy MK fans within the last year and half
Well I never said that you need to prove yourself. Or that you aren't working hard.

It does seem to me that, as we say in Holland, you are "putting too much hay on your pitchfork". Which means that someone is taking on more work than they can handle.

There are so many Syco statues being worked on... And statues are being delayed. Liu Kang's statue is a good example it seems to me.

And now there is a new license too which you say will force you to have to work even harder...

Is it a "strike the iron when it's hot" kind of thing with licenses meaning that if you hadn't gone after this new one now that you would have (probably) never been able to get it?

This is just me looking at things from the outside. I'm not claiming to have seen things right. It just seems to me that you are perhaps taking on too many statues at once?
Old 09-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #79
Gannon
Sailor Moon

Ouch - just seen the Game Informer interview where Syco admits to doing second runs! Big NO NO!

From the interview:

Most statues are limited runs. After that initial run, how difficult is it to do an additional run? Do you shy away from this in respects to collectors wanting limited edition items?

It can go either way. We have to remember that part of the desirability of owning collectibles is the fact that they are either exclusive or limited to x amount of pieces. On the other hand, you have to factor demand into the equation. If 500 people express interest in a particular collectible but you only have 250 pieces, how do you compromise? We have had internal discussions about this a lot and have decided we can't always cave in to do a second production on every collectible, but on the odd occasion, our Scorpion and Sub-Zero statues for example, we've green lit a second production run. Why? Because the fans ultimately keep us in business and we pride ourselves on how interactive we are with our fan bases. So it's either seen as a reward to the fans who missed out the first time, or it can just be seen as catering to the heavy demand. We won't do it on all our collectibles, because if we did, it'd kill the prospect of it being "limited." In special circumstances we will roll-over and produce a second batch.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #80
Erihppas
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Do you have a link to the entire interview, perhaps?

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, these extra runs. I understand the limited edition thing being part of the whole desireability thing for some people but come on...if there are 250 more...what's the big problem?
Closed Thread