Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 02-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
moonlightdrive21
Hellboy

Jerseyfest Model Kit & Statue Fair - August 2012!!

Hey guys:

My name is Dave and I am the producer of the “Jerseyfest Model Kit & Statue Fair” happening in August of 2012 in New Jersey. I wanted to officially announce the show to all of you and tell you about some of our plans for the event. You can also learn a lot about the show by going to our new web site at www.jerseyfestfair.com

I am a big collector of pre-painted statues and am also very into figure model kits. I always felt like these two worlds should come together more. One of the goals of Jerseyfest is to expose statue collectors more to the great artists and sculptors that are behind the scenes. I would like attendees to learn about their secrets, see many beautiful pieces that can’t be seen anywhere else, and have the opportunity to experience great demos that explain how figures are painted and sculpted. It’s time for both hobbies to come together and celebrate, and that’s exactly what we are doing in a grand scale for Jerseyfest 2012.

Jerseyfest 2012 is being held at a terrific venue that is allowing us to have over 75 tables in the 6600 square foot main vendor room. We are having many top vendors who will have excellent figure model kits, statues and other art for sale that celebrate great movies, comic books, TV etc. In addition, we have rooms for model painting demos throughout the day by renowned artists and sculptors, many of which are magazine writers. Some have done work for Sideshow, Bowen, Master Replicas, etc. We also will be having a "world class” exhibit of painted model kits, which will have many stunning, custom painted figures on display, which will include a contest with fabulous prizes. The show will be filled with eye candy for sale or display related to classic and modern horror, comic book characters, and characters from great science fiction and fantasy movies (e.g., Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Godzilla, etc.). The statues and kits for sale, some quite rare, will be extraordinary, and many will be selling for excellent prices. All of this for the $10 price of admission into the show.

On the day before the vendor show, we are having an all day educational event that will consist of professional painting seminars and a “hands on” painting class where students of all levels will be receiving and painting a beautiful, life-sized, resin “Curse of the Werewolf” bust. The instructors for the event are top artists in the hobby who are well known by many collectors since they not only paint kits and write for hobby magazines, but are also often commissioned to repaint pre-painted statues.

Jerseyfest has been building up for 6 years with people from all over the nation and even internationally attending, and in 2012 we are coming out of the gate as big show with a lot to offer that will make the trip to New Jersey worthwile. We hope you will consider attending !

Lastly, we don’t have many tables left, but are trying to increase the number of vendors selling pre-painted statues, so please contact us if you are interested or can recommend any retailer/Internet sellers, comic book shops, etc. that may want to attend.

Thanks,
Dave
moonlightdrive21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

Dave
this is going to be one cool as hell show for sure!
Old 02-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
saul62
Painter
Painter

Looking forward ton this show.
I know Dave for so many years and his love for statues and figure models go beyond the normal collector. Guys, here's you chance to meet many sculptors, painters, producers and collectors under one roof and did i mention many vendors with loads of goodies!
I'll be instructing the Friday painting class with fellow painter Jim Capone. Hope to see many of you there!

Saul
Old 02-07-2012, 12:01 AM   #4
skorpsta
Ghost

LOOKING FOWARD TO THIS SHOW!!!...CANT WAIT!!
skorpsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:13 AM   #5
moonlightdrive21
Hellboy

A few Jerseyfest news updates just added: http://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=57

Old 03-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #6
moonlightdrive21
Hellboy

Hey guys:

Exciting news about the 2012 Jerseyfest show was just published in the "News" section of our web site here: http://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=57

The show will feature a GIANT "work in progress" model diorama exhibit that will blow attendees away! Plus the debut of a superb, new Tony Cipriano sculpted, 1/4 scale, Planet of the Apes Resin Kit for sale! See many pictures at our web site.

Thanks and I hope to see you at the show!

Dave
Old 04-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #7
moonlightdrive21
Hellboy

Great news for those of you attending Jerseyfest this year - Iwata just added to our already stellar list of vendors !!!

Renowned artist Daniel Horne will be raffling an original painting and selling many rare monster and girl kits, as well as his INCREDIBLE paintings/prints. He will be painting throughout the show at his tables - so you'll get to see this world class monster/fantasy painter in action!!

See all the details on the "News" section of the Jerseyfest web site here: http://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=57

Some of Daniel's work:
Old 04-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #8
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

wish i could go..and i wish they had these cool conventions in my state
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #9
moonlightdrive21
Hellboy

Check out the latest Jerseyfest show news by clicking here: http://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=57 We added more great statue dealers.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #10
Grog
SF Minister of Etiquette and Protocol

Dave

totally stoked about this show. Looking foward to this becoming the east coast wonderfest.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote