Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 08-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #21
jasong888
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
thanks man! we spent our 3rd anniversary in Vegas also. went to Vegoose music festival its first year. that was awesome. i told my wife i bought tickets for the Vegas Expo this year also and she was way cool with it. this is gonna rival that 2005 Nevada anniversary trip. finally got her reading Invincible now too, about time. sheesh.

2005 in LV = Dave Matthews (twice) and The Shins
2012 in LV = Robert Kirkman and Jim Lee
niiice!
jasong888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #22
BaronV
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
What about the Long Beach Comic Con. I haven't been yet but it seems like it gets a good guest list.

http://www.longbeachcomiccon.com/
LBCC is a fun medium-sized convention. Went the last couple years (wish I started back in comics a year earlier since their 1st year they had Jim Lee there and now a lot of lines for him!).

The con doesn't fill up the entire Long Beach convention center, but you're able to see everything in a few hours. The creator's line does still get long depending on who you're waiting for (ie. Finch, Conner, etc.) but most you can walk up to and get sigs or commissions. Hopefully the list of name artists gets expanded later this year since some from previous years don't appear to be coming this year with all the other cons happening before/after the event.
BaronV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #23
ABDGUY
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

DAMNIT! Finch pulled out of the expo......
ABDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #24
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABDGUY View Post
DAMNIT! Finch pulled out of the expo......
yeah, thats lame.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #25
Simplyrob

Herb Trimpe added to the expo!
Old 09-21-2012, 01:23 AM   #26
Simplyrob

well, morrisoncon sent out emails to registered attendees today stating that tomorrow, the attendees must preregister for the advertised 1 on 1 time with the creators. im really nervous guys. ive gotta be online at a specific time to try and get one of the spots for my guy. no telling how many spots there actually are, but, for what im trying to accomplish at this show, its really GOT to happen. i figured that the past few months ive really been trying to lock down mondo posters and havent succeeded, to me, those times were a test for this occasion tomorrow. granted there are thousands and thousands of people trying to get the posters and less than a thousand (possibly) trying to get the same spots as me, i kinda like those odds. ill know tomorrow if this is gonna happen or not. cross your fingers, say a prayer, or whatever it is you do, i could use the help. thanks guys.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #27
Simplyrob

well, i was fast on the trigger and preregistered for robert kirkman times for morrisoncon. my fallback (allowed 1) was jim lee. site went live at 9am, got my request confirmation email at 859. theyre sending out confirmation emails by the 25th to notify those that got the spots they wanted. oh boy.