Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-11-2020, 03:24 AM   #1091
WhistlingTime
Birdman

I received one of these this week but it’s from the first run.

Am I wrong in my understanding that these were all re-done, or were these only replaced on a case by case basis?
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 09:53 AM   #1092
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlingTime View Post
I received one of these this week but it’s from the first run.

Am I wrong in my understanding that these were all re-done, or were these only replaced on a case by case basis?
you'll need to elaborate on where you received one from. Retailer or eBay?
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:38 PM   #1093
WhistlingTime
Birdman

From a retailer here in Australia (distributed by Ikon Collectables down here, who get their stock from Sideshow).

I ordered this last year and I assumed the lengthy delay was partly due to the statue being re-done.
Old 11-14-2020, 04:36 PM   #1094
Bubsy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
From a retailer here in Australia (distributed by Ikon Collectables down here, who get their stock from Sideshow).

I ordered this last year and I assumed the lengthy delay was partly due to the statue being re-done.
I just ordered directly from Tweeterhead's website a few days ago. They shipped it out really quick without even an e-mail confirmation, but...it was the old version, even though CS confirmed it was the new/corrected version and it says that on their product detail page. I guess you can't expect everyone to run their e-commerce operations like a well-oiled machine like Amazon.
Bubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 01:12 AM   #1095
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

The old version? Did it come in the art box? The new version was supposed to only be in the styrofoam inside the shipping box.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 04:41 AM   #1096
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubsy View Post
I just ordered directly from Tweeterhead's website a few days ago. They shipped it out really quick without even an e-mail confirmation, but...it was the old version, even though CS confirmed it was the new/corrected version and it says that on their product detail page. I guess you can't expect everyone to run their e-commerce operations like a well-oiled machine like Amazon.
That’s a bit worrying. If I couldn’t get mine exchanged locally for a refreshed version, I was going to order one direct from Tweeterhead instead. Sounds like that might not work either.
Old 11-15-2020, 11:14 AM   #1097
mmk123

I was considering ordering a Superman statue but funds are dictating otherwise. I just think it is weird that Chad would still have copies of the original Superman statue still around his warehouse (and makes me wonder how messy this warehouse is-where is Marie Kando when you need her). I still say contact both Chad and Gwen at these email addresses to get the issue right.

gwen@tweeterhead.com, with a cc to chad@tweeterhead.com

Now I guess it is possible that he maybe got returns of the original Superman statue from retailers. And from what I remember on here some people posted that the cape on their statues were ok and was not wonky looking. So I guess it is possible that some of the original version have copies that would look very good still.
Old 11-15-2020, 12:20 PM   #1098
Bubsy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
The old version? Did it come in the art box? The new version was supposed to only be in the styrofoam inside the shipping box.
Yup, that was my first sign that I got the old version and then I could tell by the weird “yellow dot” on the right side of Superman’s logo and the poor application of paint at the belt once I opened it up.

Gwendolyn was actually the one that confirmed it was going to be the new version and yes, I did e-mail her back asking for a return.
Bubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 12:23 PM   #1099
mmk123

wow, hopefully that did not happen to anyone else. I know Chad did not tell people to even send the old one back and to maybe donate them to a hospital for a children's ward or sell them.

I assure they will get back to you and you will get the new version
Old 11-16-2020, 11:46 AM   #1100
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubsy View Post
Hey WhistlingTime and Bubsy, did you contact TH or the retailer? Did you send pics?
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote