Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-19-2019, 02:18 PM   #581
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungvu0108 View Post
Mine came broken...
There's also a fingerprint on her pants, but it's not noticeable so i'll let it pass.
I have one question: how long does it take to get a reply from prime1?

Good grief. There are a number of these that shipped broken like that.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 02:59 PM   #582
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungvu0108 View Post
Mine came broken...
There's also a fingerprint on her pants, but it's not noticeable so i'll let it pass.
I have one question: how long does it take to get a reply from prime1?
Ouch. But not surprising. These tips were clearly made to be broken. Lucky me, mine ( the one in the hair) was " cleanly" broken. I have been able to fix it, with the other breakages( arrow and hair as yours) I’m glad I didn’t play hooky during manual labor classes...
The answer from SSC was very fast, less than 24 hours. O f course, i got that: " Upon a thorough inspection of our inventory, I’m disappointed to report we have fully exhausted our supply for this item. I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience."
I am still waiting for their answer about the small crossbow though...
They offered me a complete refund or 190 $ as reward points.
I take the second option.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:11 PM   #583
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
Ouch. But not surprising. These tips were clearly made to be broken. Lucky me, mine ( the one in the hair) was " cleanly" broken. I have been able to fix it, with the other breakages( arrow and hair as yours) I’m glad I didn’t play hooky during manual labor classes...
The answer from SSC was very fast, less than 24 hours. O f course, i got that: " Upon a thorough inspection of our inventory, I’m disappointed to report we have fully exhausted our supply for this item. I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience."
Such a shame.

For me, when such things happen and a statue breaks, it's never quite the same in my eyes......it's like it has lost its virginity (not in a good way).

I'm glad I cancelled my order on this statue. For this kind of money these breakage are just unacceptable. Especially when you consider the cost of shipping these days, I really wonder what you're paying for (assuming these breakages occur in transit).
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:00 PM   #584
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I went to FedEx to ship a SS 1/4 once, and the lady at the counter was definitely trying to upsell me on opening up the box, examining it, and repacking it so it would "get there safely." She asked me if the box was appropriately packed to ensure a safe trip and my answer was "If the people who are touching it along the way treat it appropriately then yep, it is." She didn't like that lol.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 11:25 PM   #585
NotGwen
Justice League

Waitlisted on Sideshow's website. Like both versions, but was leaning towards the sculpted cape version. Looks like I waited too long. Does anyone here have experience with joining waitlists? I've never had to join one before. I'm tempted to just go ahead and put an order down for the fabric cape version just so I'm not too late again.
NotGwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 11:09 AM   #586
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGwen View Post
Waitlisted on Sideshow's website. Like both versions, but was leaning towards the sculpted cape version. Looks like I waited too long. Does anyone here have experience with joining waitlists? I've never had to join one before. I'm tempted to just go ahead and put an order down for the fabric cape version just so I'm not too late again.
They tend to convert and the sooner you get on the better.
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:37 PM   #587
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Wonder if the fabric Cape release will have revised packaging to help with the breakages?
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:06 PM   #588
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:12 AM   #589
French Cancan
Deadman

^^ ha ha yes... I know... Next time. I promised that to myself. It's what I am, I see something broken, and I have to fix it. Fortunately - or infortunately it depends- I have been able to fix it.
I think 190$ is well paid for the job.
You're right, and as Silas Loki said, for the price of these statues and the price of the shipping, we should receive immaculate statues which have not been deflowered by a boor.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:39 AM   #590
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Luckily, mine (fabric cape) arrived without an issue. Box was beat to crap though so I was surprised when nothing was damaged. The brown shipper looked like a gorilla played with it and UPS just left the packages at my front door without a signature. I think the double box thing confused the driver
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote