Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 12-03-2019, 02:25 PM   #41
heypaul
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I got super lucky and purchased an AP of Wonder Woman for $300. It arrived broken but I was able to get $200 back from the seller and fixed it instead of shattering it and getting all of my money back.
I think I remember reading your post about that. I have Supergirl and Harley displayed together right now and it looks kind of lopsided, since Supergirl is standing and Harley's on a bike. Not to mention Supergirl is much larger in scale for some reason. Having another piece on a bike would really balance the display.
heypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 02:42 PM   #42
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypaul View Post
I think I remember reading your post about that. I have Supergirl and Harley displayed together right now and it looks kind of lopsided, since Supergirl is standing and Harley's on a bike. Not to mention Supergirl is much larger in scale for some reason. Having another piece on a bike would really balance the display.
Or all 5. :P

jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 09:33 PM   #43
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
One of the main reasons I moved from there....that and the insane housing cost. I lived there for almost 30 years. You used to be able to get across town in 15 minutes. Now you can't even do that at 3AM on a Wednesday. LOL
Yeah, but Wolverine lives here.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:47 AM   #44
heypaul

Quote:
Or all 5. :P

Beautiful. That’s the perfect way to display them.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:57 AM   #45
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Beautiful. That’s the perfect way to display them.
I switched them out several times on the kitchen counter to get it looking right before I put them on the shelf. This was the best way to showcase them all in that space.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:04 PM   #46
heypaul

How is the scale of Wonder Woman compared to Supergirl? I don’t like how Supergirl is so much bigger than Harley. You don’t really notice looking at Harley on the bike, but if you compare just her body to Supergirl, it’s like she’s in a different scale. I’m wondering if they’re all weird scales or whether they just made Supergirl a giant because she doesn’t have a bike.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:18 PM   #47
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
How is the scale of Wonder Woman compared to Supergirl? I don’t like how Supergirl is so much bigger than Harley. You don’t really notice looking at Harley on the bike, but if you compare just her body to Supergirl, it’s like she’s in a different scale. I’m wondering if they’re all weird scales or whether they just made Supergirl a giant because she doesn’t have a bike.
I think you're letting the sitting/leaning poses and Supergirl's raised arm play tricks on your eyes. All of the statues are 1/7 scale.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=161240

(Gal Gadot is 1/6-scale.)

(Both the Joelle Jones and GCG Supergirls are 1/7-scale.)

(Black Lightning is 1/6-scale.)
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:23 PM   #48
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
I measured all 5 with a flexible measuring tape. They are all 8.5" to a little over 9" in height from heal to head. So they are all in scale. I think Supergirl has a wider face though than the rest and she is the only one over 9".
Old 12-06-2019, 02:52 AM   #49
heypaul

Man, it's weird that you both say that, because I definitely think Supergirl is bigger than Harley. I know they're supposed to be the same scale, but you know how there is sometimes variation within a line. I'll measure in a bit and get back to you guys. Maybe I'm just going crazy.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:02 AM   #50
heypaul

Okay, so here’s what I’m talking about. Supergirl’s straight leg is about 6 inches. Harley’s straight leg is closer to 5 inches. If we extrapolate that ratio to full body height and assume Harley is 5’4”, which is around average height for a woman, that would make Supergirl 6’5”!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4EE1B6F8-662A-4652-8264-3847A18F9374.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	127362   Click image for larger version

Name:	DB7B2F17-E31C-4D92-B532-0729A2CF4EEB.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	127363