Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-28-2015, 08:47 PM   #31
foots
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Not that it will matter because people would rather complain than read, but you might add a question in regards to why we don't receive constant updates on the progress of preordered pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
If I had some kind of firm update Id pass it along.

But every week I hear 'another couple weeks' from the factories but no firm dates. In fact there is no such thing as a firm date working with these factories. Im not going to pass that along because its not helpful.

So we go 'quiet' until we have some reliable sign things are getting closer.

For example, Ryu has been in production since May, but every time they send 'final samples' I still dont like them and insist they make changes. They hate that so they waste 2 weeks arguing with me until they finally accept they have to do it.

Then because other projects are now on the paint line, Ryu has to wait until the line is clear. That wastes another 2 weeks. So we lose a month just waiting to start up production again.

The pieces that arrived the other day are finally correct so the production line can now wrap things up. That might take 2 weeks or 6 weeks. I dont know and their estimates are never reliable.

This is how all of the low ES statue companies work, even if they arent honest enough to tell you. They will say BS like they have their own factory or they have firm dates, etc, but its not true. We all use the same 15-20 factories as thats all there is in China thats qualified to do high quality work.

The entire industry is built on those factories. I have to be careful which production pics I post because you can see EVERY other statue companies statues in the background ( I mean EVERY) and I have enough respect to not give away their production lines.

Obviously the bigger the company the more priority they get. If you bring your $100k new mercedes in for service you get more attention than the guy bringing in his 10 year old Benz thats worth $20k. Thats just the reality of life.

So a company like SS is always going to get priority as they make in one month what we do in an entire year.

In reality, I should just eliminate ship dates altogether and do what Ferrari does, which is tell its customers, when its ready you will get an email.

When you order a Ferrari, one day, out of the blue, you get an email that says your car is almost done. It could be 6 months after you order or 3 years.

Thats the reality of hand made objects.

I order statues and collectibles myself and I just order and forget about them until I get a shipping notice. I think thats how you have to be if you want to collect in this industry.

Trust me, no one would rather firm ship dates than me as that would help so much with our scheduling and cash flow...but its never going to happen as thats not how the factories operate.
foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 04:25 AM   #32
Oni_Akuma_1982
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Well the thread is more about the process between the moment we order the statue and the moment we receive it but I understand and i'll put it on the FAQ's. Thanks for the idea, I'll update the thread aswell !

Carmelo.
Oni_Akuma_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:25 AM   #33
Oni_Akuma_1982

Just a bump for the new members

If you have other questions don't hesitate.

Carmelo.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:15 AM   #34
Oni_Akuma_1982

New updates about :
  • I missed the Pre-Order, what can I do ?
  • Why the release date of my statue has been delayed ?

Carmelo.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:00 AM   #35
Oni_Akuma_1982

I keep seeing the same questions lately especially about the AP like " How can I get one " and " What's an AP)".

The second questions is on the first page but I'll update this thread this week for all the new PCS collectors.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:42 PM   #36
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni_Akuma_1982 View Post
I keep seeing the same questions lately especially about the AP like " How can I get one " and " What's an AP)".

The second questions is on the first page but I'll update this thread this week for all the new PCS collectors.
Make it's own separate thread with AP in the title and let's get it stickied.

"What's an AP" every PO is driving me insane.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 06:11 AM   #37
Oni_Akuma_1982

FAQ updated. I'll try to do this more often
Old 03-10-2017, 10:43 AM   #38
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

What is NRD?

Is it Non-Return-Deposit?

Do people who pay in full even have NRDs?
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 01:05 PM   #39
Battletroll
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
What is NRD?

Is it Non-Return-Deposit?

Do people who pay in full even have NRDs?
NRD stands for Non-Refundable Deposit.

The NRD is a set amount which can be different for each product. Usually it's around $100. It is mentioned on the product order page at the time of ordering.

The NRD should not be confused with the Deposit payment option. The Deposit can be higher than the NRD. For example the Scorpion 1:1 bust Hellfire Exclusive, where the Deposit is $150 and the Non-Refundable Deposit is $125.

The NRD is the same for all payment methods. You'll receive a refund for the amount already paid minus the NRD. In the example above that means you should receive a $25 refund.

There's a 30-day grace period from the moment you place the order in which you can cancel and get a full refund for everything you have paid.
Battletroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:00 PM   #40
Drakull
Sailor Moon

what about cancellation when it is one year delayed ? what are the last rules please
Drakull is offline   Reply With Quote