Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 12-10-2016, 03:07 AM   #621
Deadvacahead
Frackin!

Glad I'm not the only one. Also, i think the craquelure effect on the skin doesn't look great either. I don't want to be picky but this is my first statue ever and i pre-ordered both the Blood God and War God variants. I just want them to look as amazing as the prototypes and hopefully they will.
Deadvacahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 07:46 AM   #622
mjjj1987
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Maybe these are pre-production pics??
Cause Kotal was expected to ship in December so i think it's much further along than the pics suggest.

The pics we seen before with Kintaro and Kotal the lines looked fine
mjjj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:15 AM   #623
addic
The X-Men

I think there is just a simple explanation:

One of the Chinese factory workers was using Kotals mold to bake an amazing birthday cake. Well done. The icing looks delicious!!

Too bad that he then accidently forgot to erase the memory of the company's camera.
addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 12:27 PM   #624
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by addic View Post
Looks like sugarcoating to me. I also think that the Proto's lines looked better.
The prototype painting does look A LOT better to me. There seems to be a pattern developing here and it appears to be at the factory so not sure what control PCS has at this point. These lines do look uneven compared to the proto and not sure if they are raised but they look outlined by the veining shading color possibly giving the appearance/illusion of being raised or thicker than they may actually be. I dunno... "photography"

But the line painting does appear to be sloppy in my opinion. I don't want to go back to the 2 year old painting skills comment someone else made but the painting skills in this picture do not appear to be made by a professional or sober artist/painter.

Lastly, I am looking at this like building a house. If some of you ever built a house you have to be patient. It is a hot mess going together but when its done it pretty much fully comes together... patience will tell...

I will be MAJORLY disappointed and pissed if I vested in these PCS pieces, waited several years to receive and they look sub par to the prototype I was sold on.

I think Ryu was a disappointment in my book with the stained Gi's. Not what I purchased even though it was spun as an unannounced upgrade. Looks a lot like water damage to me imo...

I've given PCS/Jerry the benefit of the doubt with that. (trying to sell both of mine) 1:3 Akuma may be the final straw for me. Appears to be too many unofficially announced flaws/changes from what I was sold. We will see when he arrives...

I'm keeping up hope for these releases on par with the prototypes.

Jerry, a word of advice, in MY opinion, I would immediately stop distributing these production pictures from the factories (yes flame me!). Inspect these pictures personally with a freaking microscope before letting them out to the public. Focus group them with some close friends/artists or forum members under an NDA if you have to.

These sub par, carrot on a stick production pictures are going to destroy your business. When the pictures are perfect they create buzz, enthusiasm, excitement, buy you more production time if needed and drive your future business. But when they are not perfect they create disdain, anger, anxiety and brand negativity. All which fester for months and even years until the pieces actually release and then HOPEFULLY the released pieces are up to par with the prototype shown.

Not the most popular things to say/suggest but I wouldn't say them if I didn't care... /flame on
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 03:23 PM   #625
mjjj1987

This is the pic i was referring to...lines look good and sharp.

I do hope Kotal will reach proto quality because i got al 3 versions on order.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13722189_921813777947100_575333227_n.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	100150  
Old 12-10-2016, 06:25 PM   #626
Deadvacahead
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjj1987 View Post
This is the pic i was referring to...lines look good and sharp.

I do hope Kotal will reach proto quality because i got al 3 versions on order.....
I'm not so sure. That pic doesn't have quite enough resolution to really tell but as far as I can see those lines still look thick, raised, and sort of globby. I really hope these statues turn out to prove me wrong because Kotal Kahn is an awesome character design and the prototype statues are amazing. I might have to stop pre-ordering statues if these turn out to be done poorly. I have a Reptile 1:3 and Quan Chi on order as well. Hopefully those turn out great too but it might be best in the future for me to only pick up statues after they are released to ensure I'm dropping hundreds of dollars on quality statues only.
Deadvacahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 06:31 PM   #627
mjjj1987

In the newsletter Kotal isn't on the list to he shipped out this month..??

Are there last minute changes or factory can't deliver on time???
Old 01-02-2017, 03:46 AM   #628
digitaldiscostu
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjj1987 View Post
In the newsletter Kotal isn't on the list to he shipped out this month..??

Are there last minute changes or factory can't deliver on time???
Looks like its been removed from the Jan list. I would assume its been delayed.
digitaldiscostu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:06 PM   #629
Weedo10
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaldiscostu View Post
Looks like its been removed from the Jan list. I would assume its been delayed.
Damn
Weedo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 03:26 PM   #630
mjjj1987

What is the latest eta for Kotal???

I'm ready to receive my first MK X pieces