Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 01-22-2017, 01:15 AM   #1061
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Her costume is very difficult to get to my standards. Thats the only thing holding it up BUT it will be worth it when done as its all beautifully embroidered.

No expense spared. I just hope everyone doesnt choke on the price.
So something like Gouken's costume would be easier, and would help keep costs down?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:52 AM   #1062
BurningRage
Inhumans

Guess that means next month's SF piece will be from the Ultra line.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:51 PM   #1063
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Lesson learned from Akuma 1/3 which sold out in mins and ryu etc. this will sell out in mins and cause a complete riot. But down the road just like the others should have people letting them go for retail. Maybe people won't complain after this time around about missing out and how pcs site was slow etc. Jerry can hopefully relax a bit on this po and not having to reply to threats about people missing a statue. I mean come on! Akuma and ryu can be had for retail even now. This shouldn't be any different.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 03:01 PM   #1064
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Lesson learned from Akuma 1/3 which sold out in mind and ryu etc. this will sell out in mins and cause a complete riot. But down the road just like the others should have people letting them go for retail. Maybe people won't complain after this time around about missing out and how pcs site was slow etc. Jerry can hopefully relax a bit on this po and not having to reply to threats about people missing a statue. I mean come on! Akuma and ryu can be had for retail even now. This shouldn't be any different.
Good luck getting them for retail when they're on people's shelves.

If the Chun sculpt comes out as good as it was looking, and the MM is on point, it'll be the greatest statue ever made!

Period.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 03:03 PM   #1065
BurningRage
Inhumans

It'll be the definitive Chun Li statue for sure.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 11:08 PM   #1066
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Good luck getting them for retail when they're on people's shelves.

If the Chun sculpt comes out as good as it was looking, and the MM is on point, it'll be the greatest statue ever made!

Period.
its 50/50 at this point but i tend to agree with comic book guy these are 1/3 space is already issue to most and by the time this gets into collectors hands 1/4 might be heading to 1k per statue from every company. it seems any statue now can be put up for below or at retail no matter how good it is. i'm seeing ss grails once commanding 1k now dropping down to 700.00 and below too many statues too many choices now. i agree with Jerry statement a while back a crash is coming or has already started.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 11:33 PM   #1067
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
its 50/50 at this point but i tend to agree with comic book guy these are 1/3 space is already issue to most and by the time this gets into collectors hands 1/4 might be heading to 1k per statue from every company. it seems any statue now can be put up for below or at retail no matter how good it is. i'm seeing ss grails once commanding 1k now dropping down to 700.00 and below too many statues too many choices now. i agree with Jerry statement a while back a crash is coming or has already started.
Grails as low as $700.00? Which ones?

I recently sold a Ryu revisit (hardly a grail lol) for $800.00 plus shipping.

Theory prices on statue forum are funny.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:11 AM   #1068
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Grails as low as $700.00? Which ones?

I recently sold a Ryu revisit (hardly a grail lol) for $800.00 plus shipping.

Theory prices on statue forum are funny.

you should check ebay or facebook bst once in a while. im not saying every seller will be giving there statues away but its way easier to get at a reasonable price then it was before. if you paying crazy aftermarket prices for statues then you buying with your eyes closed.

lets see you have OG spiderman premium format, wolverine ex premium format, og cap premium format, iron spiderman comiquette, rogue premium format just to name a few.

not to mention old xm pieces that commanded 1k and more when preorder was happening because everyone thought it would be the next magneto or now selling for retail or below.

most pcs preorders alone being sold at retail or below on facebook bst.

BTW just to let you in on a little secret since you dont seem to know most of those og street fighter pieces dont command the prices they used too.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:38 AM   #1069
dao2
Cyclops

rogue was never a grail.... and those are dropping in price because they now have newer renditions that people can have for cheap (and often prefer). Like the spiderman PF. If you say something bad about it you'll have a ton of people jumping on you, but really the sculpt is a lot simpler and less detailed, and questionable anatomy. Some people like that, most want the newer ones that "look better".

Same with the OG akuma, ryu, ken etc. Honestly I don't really like them much, I certainly wouldn't pay close, or maybe even retail (if I couldn't resell it). Zangief is probably my favorite old PCS MM.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:49 AM   #1070
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Her costume is very difficult to get to my standards. Thats the only thing holding it up BUT it will be worth it when done as its all beautifully embroidered.

No expense spared. I just hope everyone doesnt choke on the price.
I'd rather pay much more and get a Chunners that has top notch fabric, just make sure the executing factory is able to make the same quality as the proto will have.
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote