Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-02-2014, 09:15 PM   #1011
JRodri2540
The Avengers

Hi Alex

Will the 1/6 Tychus Findlay from StarCraft II be going up for pre-order soon? Thanks
JRodri2540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:06 PM   #1012
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix View Post
Dear Alex, I love DC obscure characters more than some of their mainstream ones

Could you help me to find out if Sideshow has plans for a Brainiac PF? He is one of the most dangerous JLA villains in the DC Universe and a perfect villain for Superman PF

I can dig around but I would never be able to reveal or talk about anything that hasn't already been hinted at/teased/etc. in a video, past Sideshow Q&A, etc. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRodri2540 View Post
Hi Alex

Will the 1/6 Tychus Findlay from StarCraft II be going up for pre-order soon? Thanks
Hopefully some time this year! *crosses fingers*
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:31 AM   #1013
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
I can dig around but I would never be able to reveal or talk about anything that hasn't already been hinted at/teased/etc. in a video, past Sideshow Q&A, etc. Sorry.

Hopefully some time this year! *crosses fingers*
Alex, do you like Brainiac? I remember that he is very bad in the classic Superman The Animated show! Such a good show!
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:07 AM   #1014
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hey Alex

It seems like Disney is really choking out Sideshow's ability to create future statues. Star Wars definitely, but also it looks like Marvel is kinda being put on the back burner while D.C. Comics have been getting multiple releases and reveals for the past two years. It may just be coincidence, but fans are understandably in the dark as to why.

So, Igo recently started a thread asking what us fans would like to see from the Star Wars line, while the most demanded Marvel characters have been known for some time now. But what else can we do to kinda even the playing field of future releases to come? Should we hound Sideshow, or do we need to start pressing Disney about this? Cuz honestly, I love that D.C. is getting quick releases, but that doesn't mean I like seeing Marvel and Star Wars getting held back in the mean time.
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:25 AM   #1015
Peedi
The Secret Six

Interesting question. To me it doesn't seem like Disney is interfering with Marvel but does Disney even get involved with what Marvel does with Sideshow? They don't seem to interfere with the comics and movies, as Marvel Studios pretty much follows their own plans it seems.

In the past 2 years DC has had 4 PFs and 2 busts shipped, Marvel has had about 3x that output with at least 10 different PFs/Maquettes shipped since 2012. Plus we know a lot more about upcoming Marvel stuff than any other license (PFs for Doom, Hulks, Jean, Emma, movie versions of Spidey, WS, Star Lord and IM Mk 42, Black Cat comiquette). Whatever the reason for the lack of Disney and Star Wars products might be some other issue that doesn't affect Marvel...?
Peedi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:54 AM   #1016
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Hey Alex

It seems like Disney is really choking out Sideshow's ability to create future statues. Star Wars definitely, but also it looks like Marvel is kinda being put on the back burner while D.C. Comics have been getting multiple releases and reveals for the past two years. It may just be coincidence, but fans are understandably in the dark right as to why.

So, Igo recently started a thread asking what us fans would like to see from the Star Wars line, while the most demanded Marvel characters have been known for some time now. But what else can we do to kinda even the playing field of future releases to come? Should we hound Sideshow, or do we need to start pressing Disney about this? Cuz honestly, I love that D.C. is getting quick releases, but that doesn't mean I like seeing Marvel and Star Wars getting held back in the mean time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Interesting question. To me it doesn't seem like Disney is interfering with Marvel but does Disney even get involved with what Marvel does with Sideshow? They don't seem to interfere with the comics and movies, as Marvel Studios pretty much follows their own plans it seems.

In the past 2 years DC has had 4 PFs and 2 busts shipped, Marvel has had about 3x that output with at least 10 different PFs/Maquettes shipped since 2012. Plus we know a lot more about upcoming Marvel stuff than any other license (PFs for Doom, Hulks, Jean, Emma, movie versions of Spidey, WS, Star Lord and IM Mk 42, Black Cat comiquette). Whatever the reason for the lack of Disney and Star Wars products might be some other issue that doesn't affect Marvel...?
Marvel seems to have a sufficient number of releases, but maybe it seems like less because they are revisiting the same old characters. I mean, I love Hulk and can't wait to see the new Hulks, but I think some people may be frustrated when many great, classic characters get left untouched again and again (Magneto, Daredevil (maybe coming this year ), Juggernaut etc. etc.). So, while the volume of Marvel pieces is not lacking, perhaps it's the variety that has the previous poster frustrated?
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:14 PM   #1017
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I am very much excited to see SS replicate the King of The Monsters. Please give me a hint that he will be at least the same size as the P2 maquette Alex?
GM4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:55 PM   #1018
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

im hoping he is at least that tall. if he is. he'll def be much bigger than the P2
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:48 PM   #1019
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Hey Alex

It seems like Disney is really choking out Sideshow's ability to create future statues. Star Wars definitely, but also it looks like Marvel is kinda being put on the back burner while D.C. Comics have been getting multiple releases and reveals for the past two years. It may just be coincidence, but fans are understandably in the dark as to why.

Just off the top of my head I recall that Marvel has had a healthy amount of pieces come out over the last 10 months or so...

Iron Patriot Maquette
Captain America Winter Soldier PF
Iron Man Mark 42 Bust
Red Skull PF
Deadpool X-Force PF
Iron Man Mark VII LSF
Captain America Comic PF
Black Widow PF
Spider-Man Statue
Mary Jane Statue
Gwen Stacy Statue
Doctor Doom LSF
Apocalypse PF
Gladiator Hulk PF

DC has seen...

Wonder Woman PF
Batman Keaton PF
Harley Quinn Sixth Scale Figure
Batman Sixth Scale Figure
Sinestro PF
The Joker Bust
Catwoman Sixth Scale Figure
Batman: Modern Age Bust
Superman Reeves PF (Pre-Ordering this week)

And there's so much more Marvel on the way (some things have already been hinted at - Jean Grey, Dr. Doom PF, etc. and some things that haven't been), so I really don't think Marvel fans have anything to worry about at this time. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4Life View Post
I am very much excited to see SS replicate the King of The Monsters. Please give me a hint that he will be at least the same size as the P2 maquette Alex?
I really cannot speak to the size of the piece as I do not know what it's final size is going to be (since from sculpt to a casted piece there will be shrinkage that occurs).
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:56 PM   #1020
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

HI Alex,

I would love to hear your statement about Star Wars Statues for that matter..
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote