Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: Will you be adding a Flash PF to your collection?
Yes of course 30 51.72%
Day one Buy 12 20.69%
Not interested in The Flash 16 27.59%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2019, 05:28 AM   #1
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Please Sideshow finally make me my classic Flash PF!!

Been waiting so long now and I am afraid the longer the wait goes the more modern or "upgraded"/"sideshowish" Flash will be looking when he finally sees the light.

I prefer him mixed media, classic so he goes well with the first DC Trinity with a stoic pose.

Later they can do other versions all sculpted and dynamic pose

But however the Flash will be done first, just assume it would be just like you wanted him to be, who is also waiting and would add him to the collection immediately?
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 06:54 AM   #2
Peedi
The Secret Six

Highly doubt a Flash PF would have a cloth costume since he has a full body tight fitting costume. Maybe back in 2012 they would’ve done cloth like they did the old Batman and Superman PFs, but even then, some of my older PFs like Cyclops, Black Panther, Deadpool and Gambit who all have mixed media elements still had fully sculpted bodies. Also Green Lantern and Aquaman that go with the older JL PFs have fully sculpted bodies.

More likely a Flash would fit with their current designs rather than the old JL line up with the stoic poses and tiered bases but I agree I’d prefer a classic take rather than a made up costume with armor pieces and too much going on like their new Captain America, Daredevil, Batman, etc. Anything resembling the movie costume is auto-ugly. I think they did a great job updating Superman’s costume, probably because they didn’t do anything radical to it. A Flash along those lines would be great.

There’s a few characters I hope ss makes but I almost hope they wait on them until this current costume design phase is over with and I can get who I want in closer to comic accurate costumes (Damian, Tim, Nightwing, Nightcrawler, Beast, Archangel, etc.)
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:41 AM   #3
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Yes of course, if I like the pose and design.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:48 AM   #4
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

There's always a chance but prices have moved too far away from me to afford more than one PF every 2 years. And I don't think Flash is high enough on my list to ever be that 1 in 2 years.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:56 AM   #5
Foxgod
Justice League

Eh, they first have to make Storm, Hebzibah, Dagger and Spiderwoman for me
Foxgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:02 AM   #6
adee
Green Arrow

As others have said I don't think a mixed media Flash museum is coming. I see them doing an action/semi action fully sculpted piece.

Personally I specifically want Barry Allen classic but I don't care anymore just do it already. This carrots gone stale.

adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:05 AM   #7
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Yes of course, if I like the pose and design.
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:28 PM   #8
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

P1 has a perfectly good 1/4 Flash. New 52 costume seems to have little to no changes over others. My guess is SS might do a Flash after that one arrives to customers.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 03:31 PM   #9
FearlessJay
Hellboy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
P1 has a perfectly good 1/4 Flash. New 52 costume seems to have little to no changes over others. My guess is SS might do a Flash after that one arrives to customers.

To keep good relations with their partners, SS tends to avoid conflict (which is reasonable). The pose and suit will have to be different too. Using my sight beyond sight, I see a Flash in a similar SS design as the current Trinity and not in a mid-run like P1. At best, *hopefully* he'll look as if he's taken his first steps or about to take off running.
FearlessJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 04:42 PM   #10
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

A few years ago this would have been a day one PO. With prices now, I chose not interested.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote