Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-09-2022, 03:41 PM   #11
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

It is not just a Black Adam film, DC also introduces the JSA to the big screen. There is no Alan Scott, Jay Garric, Ted Grant though. What i consider the trinity of JSA. Dwayne Johnson is definetly born for the Black Adam role.

The film won't be R Rated right ? so we won't have the proper Black Adam brutalty and gore... I don't understand, if you don't make the Black Adam film R Rated, why do you seperate Black Adam from Shazam (Captain Marvel) films ? i mean what is the point. (:
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 05:28 PM   #12
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
It is not just a Black Adam film, DC also introduces the JSA to the big screen. There is no Alan Scott, Jay Garric, Ted Grant though. What i consider the trinity of JSA. Dwayne Johnson is definetly born for the Black Adam role.

The film won't be R Rated right ? so we won't have the proper Black Adam brutalty and gore... I don't understand, if you don't make the Black Adam film R Rated, why do you seperate Black Adam from Shazam (Captain Marvel) films ? i mean what is the point. (:
Agreed
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 08:07 AM   #13
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

wonder if the after credit scene will involve Shazam
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 10:22 AM   #14
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
wonder if the after credit scene will involve Shazam
If I was a betting man, I would be putting a lot of money down on this that it will happen (or at least something heavily referencing Shazam).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 11:19 AM   #15
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I'm not taking that suckers bet

I don't think this will be R because parents would be hesitant to take their kids and the idea is to make money. I would be down with an R flick though. I think DC does much better being gritty instead of colorful/happy. Leave that to Marvel who has mastered it (though I find it a refreshing change to not be so fluffy in Doctor Strange 2).

I think The Rock is just fabulous so I will be seeing this and I know next to nothing about Black Adam.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 12:47 PM   #16
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
The film won't be R Rated right ? so we won't have the proper Black Adam brutalty and gore... I don't understand, if you don't make the Black Adam film R Rated
PG-13 still allows for quite a bit of brutality (in the teaser we saw Black Adam reduce a guy to a skeleton, then ashes), you just get less blood flying, so I don't mind.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 05:54 AM   #17
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
PG-13 still allows for quite a bit of brutality (in the teaser we saw Black Adam reduce a guy to a skeleton, then ashes), you just get less blood flying, so I don't mind.
Yeah, there is that right. Not bad, i don't want to be critical acutally. I just want to love everything about the film because this is one of my favorite DC Characters on the big screen for the first time. It is just that Black Adam is like Wolverine, you won't have him in his full glory, if the film is not R Rated.
Old 09-10-2022, 07:31 AM   #18
SDguy

Trailer #2 dropped. Wow.... amazing looking action/effects, lesser known, but still awesome characters, zero jokes, and hopefully Amanda Waller with her balls grown back after SS2. Please just be a decent story. I am really optimistic about this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWCISBILaUE
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 08:05 AM   #19
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

All Super Heroes are Lesser known until they have their successful hollywood flick. (:

I have high hopes for Black Adam Film. Some even spaculate WB might surprise us with a Black Adam vs Superman in the film. If that happens, it would be really awesome. I would really like to see Cavil back at the role.

JSA is my favorite super hero team. I loved the family of vast generations of heroes structure Geoff Johns created for the book, before the book got canceled, unfortunatly. I must admit I never liked JLA actually, i believe the rest of the team crap Batman style. (:

Dr. Fate being old in the Film gives me hope that we will get an old Alan Scott, Jay Garric and Ted Grant in the future of DCEU. Will they be WWII heroes, that seems hardly possible but not something, a time travel couldn't hadle, i believe.
Old 09-10-2022, 08:17 AM   #20
SDguy

LOL, them being part of your favorite team doesn't make them more well known, but I think we get each others' points I know them all well enough too

I'd rather DC figure out something promising for GL in general before throwing in someone like Alan Scott, TBH (unless just a small part/cameo).
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote