Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-29-2022, 11:23 PM   #1461
Agent_J.Warren
The Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
Yeah, that poor guy on eBay that srttoz is talking about got robbed lol. I didn?t see the $800 EX, but see the non EX regularly for $700 range.
Yeah, there were several that all popped up at once. Four in the last month. I think two sold and the other two posts have since been removed. The prices on statues look like they're finally starting to drop back into normal aftermarket territory now that people haven't been getting stimulus checks for a while.

Some of those eBay listings still have me scratching my head. People are listing high edition statues for like 2k lol.... They were totally taking advantage of the situation. It's scummy but I also get it. If people are willing to pay that then why not take their money... But still. Seems a bit unethical at some point.
Agent_J.Warren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 05:39 AM   #1462
srttoz
Mephisto

Yea it's still my favorite piece of my X-Men collection so far. I've been debating going for the newer Wolverine PF that pairs with it but I'm still sort of meh about it. The only thing I really like is how they are companion pieces.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 11:26 AM   #1463
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by srttoz View Post
Yea it's still my favorite piece of my X-Men collection so far. I've been debating going for the newer Wolverine PF that pairs with it but I'm still sort of meh about it. The only thing I really like is how they are companion pieces.
Ya I had thought about it only for a diorama aspects, I had hoped to have seen this in person to see if it looked better but haven't seen it.

I'm fine right now with just the sentinel hand one. Rather than go through the effort of selling it to get the newer one.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 11:11 PM   #1464
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by srttoz View Post
I ended up picking up the Wolverine piece because it goes so well with Sabretooth. I wasn't a fan of it either at first. I didn't care for he positioning of the right hand, I hated the EX portrait, and I was just lukewarm overall. But, let me tell you, after getting it--I really, REALLY like it. It's one of those pieces that looks a lot better in person. The jumping pose looks pretty cool when you see it executed and it pairs so well with Sabretooth--I think that people should reconsider.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 11:21 PM   #1465
pau123
Sailor Moon

On youtube some angle it does look really well paired up with Sabretooth
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 01:17 PM   #1466
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I still think Logan looks the best paired with this. Yeah the bases don't match but I chalk it up to Sabes having been thrown out the window and getting ready to come back in for more.

Can't talk myself into flamenco dancer Brown Wolverine and that is the one I was holding out for!
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 10:34 PM   #1467
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro design View Post
just picked him up... he is a beast! so much better in hand!

A bump for some great pics of a great sculpt.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 11:18 PM   #1468
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Everything is good about this statue just wish that Sideshow gave more attention to sculpting teeth. Now that XM has shown what is possible when you just add that little detail into the statue. Just takes the overall quality of the statue up one notch. Imagine how much better this statue would look if the dentures were better looking.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 02:45 AM   #1469
qz33
Rescue

The sculpting is good. The casting and paint are mediocre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
Everything is good about this statue just wish that Sideshow gave more attention to sculpting teeth. Now that XM has shown what is possible when you just add that little detail into the statue. Just takes the overall quality of the statue up one notch. Imagine how much better this statue would look if the dentures were better looking.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 05:53 AM   #1470
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
The sculpting is good. The casting and paint are mediocre.
I don't feel the same about those area of this statue. But if feel that could have been better in your eyes, then there you have it.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote