Statue Forum 

StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

» Spotlight
DGK Sideshow Domino PF DGK XM Moon Knight Statue DGK P1 Gurren Lagann Full Drill Statue Clay Moore - Inside Stories

Old 06-24-2022, 08:20 PM   #291
Mister H
Shazam

Just binged the whole series. Last episode was clearly the best. The music was terrible. Reva was a completely pointless character and the actor was terrible. The filming didn’t look like an epic movie treatment more like a show on the sci-fi channel. Glad to see Hayden again. Really hope a “Ben” Kenobi statue gets made. (From the last episode) I can see myself rewatching episode 6 sometime but that’s about it. Maybe some Vader clips on YouTube.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 11:53 PM   #292
SONICobra
Star Sapphire

I agree with everything you said except I want a younger obi wan from ep III or the clone wars. I would however take a 1/4 mythos Kenobi as he’s seen at the very end of the show but would still prefer something from the Jedi knight days
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 12:07 AM   #293
Mister H
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I agree with everything you said except I want a younger obi wan from ep III or the clone wars. I would however take a 1/4 mythos Kenobi as he?s seen at the very end of the show but would still prefer something from the Jedi knight days
As far as SW is concerned Kenobi is my guy so I?ll take the younger ep III, Clone Wars or old Ben even. Do you mean strictly 1/4 scale? There are some smaller scale versions of him coming out soon.
Old 06-27-2022, 04:30 PM   #294
SONICobra
Star Sapphire

yeah 1/4 scale only for me when it comes to SW, i just dont have the space to create a seperate display for smaller scale. even if i did though while the og mythos kenobi is awesome, as most of those statues are im not tracking them down at their current prices
Old 07-01-2022, 05:20 PM   #295
SONICobra
Star Sapphire

https://thedirect.com/article/obi-wa...sney-exclusive

some of you may have heard about the interview with the original screenwriter for the intended obi wan movie trilogy. he explained the concept of the progression obi wan goes through which hints at the possibility of a second season

also hearing that his original two hour movie script is what was used and expanded upon to make six 50 minute shows explains why the show overall felt incredibly sluggish at times. i still am dumbfounded the knee jerk reaction to cancel the obi wan trilogy after the poor performance of solo - an uninspired by the numbers movie that no one wanted or asked for. but hey at least we know why hes called han "solo" now
Old 07-01-2022, 05:36 PM   #296
IcedDog
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Yeah, it would've been nice to have a Kenobi trilogy, especially in this current barren landscape for Star Wars films. Looks like the Taika Waititi film will be the next one, but Taika said he's still working on the story and he's busy with other stuff till next year, so we're likely looking at a late 2024 release at the earliest.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 06:46 PM   #297
Mister H
Shazam

I’d like to see a live action Kenobi v Maul rematch. They had one in one of those animated shows. Don’t think they need a whole series for it though.
Old 07-01-2022, 08:21 PM   #298
MrYac
Thunderstrike

Nice to see the leaks for the ending were true and Disney can at least be counted on to turn beloved characters into useless morons even in their own shows.
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 11:52 PM   #299
qz33
Phoenix

What a bunch of scarred stupid clueless sycophants. I am a dyed in the wool SW fan as they come and I begrudged even seeing Solo. If they wanted Solo to be the best it could they should have let the Lego guys do their thing and make a truly off the wall one off standalone movie.and quit fretting the nerds will thinking how it fits into their precious all encompassing mentality of "canon continuity".

But that screen writer is wrong in that the decision was so solely based on er Solo. The reaction to the TLJ scarred them something mighty. Plus by Solo's release they already knew they were rudderless without Carrie Fisher and being required to reuse a disinterested J.J. Abrams. Decline of theatrical release profits, having to deal with big time directors along with very strict film schedules, and commands from on high to use Star Wars to promote Disney+ all factored in.

The absolute worst part is that Ewan was on board for the trilogy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
https://thedirect.com/article/obi-wa...sney-exclusive

some of you may have heard about the interview with the original screenwriter for the intended obi wan movie trilogy. he explained the concept of the progression obi wan goes through which hints at the possibility of a second season

also hearing that his original two hour movie script is what was used and expanded upon to make six 50 minute shows explains why the show overall felt incredibly sluggish at times. i still am dumbfounded the knee jerk reaction to cancel the obi wan trilogy after the poor performance of solo - an uninspired by the numbers movie that no one wanted or asked for. but hey at least we know why hes called han "solo" now
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote