Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 06-17-2022, 09:30 AM   #1981
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I've seen these &, while cool, they remind me too much of the Spidey & Avengers Marvel Omnibus I already own. The Penguin Classics, have that book-in-hand, throw-back look & feel whereby you could just carry one around with you like an old, retro book.
If you're a completist, be aware the Penguin books skip issues.

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 02:08 PM   #1982
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
IcedDog - pretty much. I'll stop complaining. I'm blessed & actually read my comics & trades almost every night.

Man, that's the goal! Hope to get to that some day. Kids, work, etc get in the way too much.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 01:14 PM   #1983
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
IcedDog - pretty much. I'll stop complaining. I'm blessed & actually read my comics & trades almost every night.
You?re living the dream, Jerry. I split my time between my comics/trades and other fiction. Would love to dedicate my time to all my trades shelves.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 09:29 AM   #1984
protector2814
Phoenix

lol - It's true Joe, almost every day, after my work, I'll set up dinner, catch some news, then at around 5:45, I'll settle down & read my trades or omnis for 1/2 - 3/4 an hour before dinner. I've been on a serious pre-code horror bend for the past year or so, reading all my Cochran/EC boxed horror sets, than my complete Chilling Archives collection, Harvey Horrors, etc.... As soon as I get my Marvel King Conan omni, I'm going to read that then cross over to my Dark Horse Colossal Conan, their King Conan & finally their Conan of Cimmeria omnis. It's a wonderful way to spend an early evening. On Friday & Saturdays, I'll throw a few cold beers into the mix.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 12:06 AM   #1985
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
lol - It's true Joe, almost every day, after my work, I'll set up dinner, catch some news, then at around 5:45, I'll settle down & read my trades or omnis for 1/2 - 3/4 an hour before dinner. I've been on a serious pre-code horror bend for the past year or so, reading all my Cochran/EC boxed horror sets, than my complete Chilling Archives collection, Harvey Horrors, etc.... As soon as I get my Marvel King Conan omni, I'm going to read that then cross over to my Dark Horse Colossal Conan, their King Conan & finally their Conan of Cimmeria omnis. It's a wonderful way to spend an early evening. On Friday & Saturdays, I'll throw a few cold beers into the mix.
You da man, Jerry!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 07:57 AM   #1986
Mister H
Gen 13

I’m building my Conan library as well. Didn’t really pay much attention to the comics but when the omnis started coming out I bought one for the hell of it then got hooked. The Thomas/Buscema combo is one of the very best in all of comics IMO.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 09:21 AM   #1987
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I?m building my Conan library as well. Didn?t really pay much attention to the comics but when the omnis started coming out I bought one for the hell of it then got hooked. The Thomas/Buscema combo is one of the very best in all of comics IMO.
Did you know Marvel has dropped the license? They will manage to complete the whole Conan the Barbarian series in Omni form before the year ends with their 10th volume, but the Savage Sword Omnis will stop at the eighth volume, just about halfway there. King Conan will only see one of the projected three volumes released, too.

Titan will publish Conan from now on. What format they'll be using, remains to be seen.
Old 06-22-2022, 09:35 AM   #1988
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Marvel dropped Conan license, huh... Well... I am not sad after retarded projects like Savage Avengers... xD One might say, i am actually glad. I am also good with exquisite Robert E. Howard novels. I have never liked Marvel's milking of Conan.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 10:47 AM   #1989
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Did you know Marvel has dropped the license? They will manage to complete the whole Conan the Barbarian series in Omni form before the year ends with their 10th volume, but the Savage Sword Omnis will stop at the eighth volume, just about halfway there. King Conan will only see one of the projected three volumes released, too.

Titan will publish Conan from now on. What format they'll be using, remains to be seen.
Yeah, heard about that. I was under the impression that they (Marvel) couldn?t produce new content but could continue to sell their older content. As in, do reprints of the Conan omnis later on like they do with their super hero stuff. Am I wrong about that?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 11:19 AM   #1990
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Yeah, heard about that. I was under the impression that they (Marvel) couldn?t produce new content but could continue to sell their older content. As in, do reprints of the Conan omnis later on like they do with their super hero stuff. Am I wrong about that?
I'm afraid you are - they're stopping everything Conan at the end of 2022, both new stuff and classic stuff reprints.

And it's them who decided to drop the license, too.