Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-19-2022, 06:20 AM   #541
romakrelian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I made a deposit on two different Infinity Studio statues on Spec Fiction. They said they will not send an invoice until the item is close to shipping. Does anyone know if this is true?
romakrelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 06:44 AM   #542
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romakrelian View Post
I made a deposit on two different Infinity Studio statues on Spec Fiction. They said they will not send an invoice until the item is close to shipping. Does anyone know if this is true?
in this hobby, define "close to shipping". You or I might be thinking in terms of days, maybe weeks - retailers and makers tend to consider "close" in MONTHS.

There are horror stories on here of people paying off the statue payment plan, and are still waiting on the piece one year later!!!

If the timing is critical for you, I would nail down exactly what the retailer considers as "close", and try to get it in writing to avoid surprises.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 11:04 PM   #543
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by romakrelian View Post
All of my Spec pieces shipped within a week once invoice was paid.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 11:07 PM   #544
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
in this hobby, define "close to shipping". You or I might be thinking in terms of days, maybe weeks - retailers and makers tend to consider "close" in MONTHS.

There are horror stories on here of people paying off the statue payment plan, and are still waiting on the piece one year later!!!

If the timing is critical for you, I would nail down exactly what the retailer considers as "close", and try to get it in writing to avoid surprises.
One year past payment plan is nothing, I once waited for a piece FOUR years after completing a 12 month payment plan. I don't do payment plans unless I absolutely have to, it's not smart for any reason.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 08:54 AM   #545
pdenham
Teen Titans

Been watching a bunch of reviews and unboxings of this over the last few days. It's really a beautiful piece, and still my favorite design and sculpt out of all the silicone WWs.

Any sense of a deficiency in the likeness is (IMO) 100% down to the hair in terms of color and (lack of) styling.
This thing really needs a dye job. Then beyond that, either a lot of product, or some physical construct - or a combo of both- to keep it less full & fluffy, and flowing back and away from her face.

I'm thinking of something like the clear, thin, plasctic shape that Blitzway used on the Seven Year Itch Marilyn Monroe dress to keep that fabric in a shape that suggested being blown upwards.

For this it would need to be something to pull clumps of locks in certain directions and then hold them there. Maybe something using hair netting and black armature wire to all blend in, and that could be independently supported in the back?

Hard to explain, but I think people would be amazed at the transformation color and a shape change to the hair would make to this piece- even though it's already impressive as is.

I'm envious of the people that have this coming. And I honestly think that the first owner that can address those issues, is going to blow everyone's minds.
That's kind of why I'm regretting not trying harder to get my hands on this. The price seemed prohibitively steep at the time, but the unlocked potential with it is worth multiples of what it cost.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 09:04 AM   #546
Baronflash
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I've had mine for about 3 weeks and already her hair has started to frizz. Brushing it just makes it worse. Anyone else had any issues with the hair?
Baronflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 10:20 AM   #547
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronflash View Post
I've had mine for about 3 weeks and already her hair has started to frizz. Brushing it just makes it worse. Anyone else had any issues with the hair?
Sounds like it could be static.

You may want to try taking a dryer sheet (specifically made for static control) and running that over all the hair. Another benefit to using those, that I just realized, is they'll take care of dust on the hair too.

Other than that, maybe run some pomade thru the hair to make it more manageable?
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 01:42 PM   #548
StefanCo
Birdman

Quote:
Yep, my WETA order was "arriving at the European warehouse", arrival was planned est. one month ago. It took a while to get to the "shipped" status (by mail, with a tracking number from DPD). But when I try to track it, there is no info available. Which means they probably just made the label to ship. I don't know when this think will move... And it's been with other companies the same in the past. You just have to wait and see.
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 12:32 AM   #549
romakrelian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
All of my Spec pieces shipped within a week once invoice was paid.
Thanks for the replies. I have heard many of the horror stories, but I haven't seen any evidence of Spec doing this to people.
romakrelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 12:08 AM   #550
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonk22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
That gives me such anxiety. Can't watch it.
OMG, one careless stumble or bump with the camera and WHEEEEE
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote