Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-08-2022, 03:42 PM   #191
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
My biggest observation from watching this series so far. How in the world did the Empire ever gain control of anything? They are completely inept. Have they never heard of a security camera? How this group of complete imbeciles ever took control of most of the galaxy is beyond me.

Love Ewan McGregor as Obi....just wish he was in a more comprehensive series. 2 more episodes to go........
Yeah, if you tell me a place is hard to get into and then two ships can just rush in and cause havoc...it really undercuts it for me.

One aspect I want to touch on is tension. The interrogation scene lacked any of it for me. There was no ramping up or sense of intensity and little character in it. It drug along and felt like wasted time as I wasn't invested.

It's the feeling of watchin a friend you know has an assignment due tomorrow and it is 7PM and they are faffing about. This series has little time left, we cannot waste what we have with an episode that felt both rushed and a slog at times.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 03:46 PM   #192
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Yeah, if you tell me a place is hard to get into and then two ships can just rush in and cause havoc...it really undercuts it for me.

One aspect I want to touch on is tension. The interrogation scene lacked any of it for me. There was no ramping up or sense of intensity and little character in it. It drug along and felt like wasted time as I wasn't invested.

It's the feeling of watchin a friend you know has an assignment due tomorrow and it is 7PM and they are faffing about. This series has little time left, we cannot waste what we have with an episode that felt both rushed and a slog at times.
It was barely 30 minutes long and felt like most of the time was wasted, as you say...faffing about.

Oh BTW, I am enjoying Indira Varma as Tala. Wonderful actress and her character is not badly written.....so far.

At this rate it will make Boba Fett look like a masterpiece of storytelling if nothing changes quickly..
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 05:21 PM   #193
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
That torture-nasium was hilarious. So large, with just the torture device in the center. "C'mon, inquisitor boys and girls, gather round!"

It must have been their weight training room previously.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 09:04 PM   #194
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:

Agreed. Huge let down so far and it just seems like fan made Star Wars. Disappointing.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 10:13 PM   #195
SONICobra
Batman

Overall pretty uninspired show considering the hype and what they could have done
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 12:51 AM   #196
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Overall pretty uninspired show considering the hype and what they could have done
I've been hanging back.
Asked my buddy how is it so far if Mando was a 10.

He said 3, which shocked me. It better start to kick in soon or I may just decide to skip it. I don't want to see that character and actor minimized by sub par material.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 07:40 AM   #197
SkilledButton
Nightwing

I guess I'm in the minority (at least vocal minority anyways) but I'm really, really enjoying this show.

Sure it has some warts, like every single property/TV show/movie ever made, but I'm enjoying it a lot. Judging by the comments here, you'd think it has very poor ratings and viewership, though that doesn't seem to be the case.

At any rate, sorry for those who aren't enjoying it... I'm just in a very different camp, looking forward to next week's episode and then the finale.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 10:18 AM   #198
SONICobra
Batman

i dont HATE it, but like i said its just kind of uninspired. maybe my expectations are skewed since ROTS is my favorite SW movie and the clone wars is my favorite show of all time. ive wanted to see how vader and obi wan are coping in the aftermath of ROTS for years... i wanted them to make a vader movie following his quest to extinguish the jedi for years... now were getting some version of those and it just seems to be made by people who just found out about star wars a couple years ago. i know thats not the case but the slow story, sloppy camera work, forgettable score and lazy writing would beg to differ
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 10:25 AM   #199
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
i dont HATE it, but like i said its just kind of uninspired. maybe my expectations are skewed since ROTS is my favorite SW movie and the clone wars is my favorite show of all time. ive wanted to see how vader and obi wan are coping in the aftermath of ROTS for years... i wanted them to make a vader movie following his quest to extinguish the jedi for years... now were getting some version of those and it just seems to be made by people who just found out about star wars a couple years ago. i know thats not the case but the slow story, sloppy camera work, forgettable score and lazy writing would beg to differ
Agreed, I do not hate it by any means. It has a few bright shining moments. Just disappointed in what could have been but hasn't been so far. Lazy writing indeed!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 10:30 AM   #200
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
All valid to your opinion for sure.

I just don't agree with most of what you wrote but hey, to each their own. Again, sorry you aren't enjoying it... While it's different than I expected, I'm still very invested and look forward to the new episode drop weekly.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote