Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-24-2022, 05:30 AM   #281
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Amazing how 1 episode can redeem. Satisfied indeed.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 08:53 AM   #282
SONICobra
Batman

heres the full final battle with no cut aways with ROTS score, this is what i wanted to hear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrMnD2uYw0I
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 09:24 AM   #283
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
heres the full final battle with no cut aways with ROTS score, this is what i wanted to hear

That was awesome!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 09:42 AM   #284
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:

Yeah, but Battle of the Heroes doesn't really fit that fight. Don't get me wrong, it's a great score. It was just written for very specific moment.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 10:27 AM   #285
SONICobra
Batman

You don’t think it fits just as well here as it did with anakin vs obi wan in ROTS?
Old 06-24-2022, 10:44 AM   #286
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:

This is all I wanted really. Don't keep pulling me away, let me enjoy the payoff the whole series has built to.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 10:47 AM   #287
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
You don?t think it fits just as well here as it did with anakin vs obi wan in ROTS?
Timing, sure. It can be timed to fit. I think the basis for the music doesn't fit though.

The music was written for Anakin and Obi-wan, two heroes of the time, one of them fallen, to be fighting each other.

But as Vader says, Anakin is dead. I actually think they should have rescored Duel of the Fates for the fight. I think it's premise meets the Vader/Obi-wan duel probably more than it ever did Maul vs Obi-wan/Qui Gon...not to mention they teased DotF in the trailer and never even used it in the show.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 11:32 AM   #288
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
The music was written for Anakin and Obi-wan, two heroes of the time, one of them fallen, to be fighting each other.

But as Vader says, Anakin is dead.
anakin was dead when they fought in ROTS as well, vader killed anakin when he chose the emperor and sith over the jedi, attacked mace windu and stormed the temple. the way i see it this battle is no different than the one in ROTS thematically. obi wan believes he is still fighting anakin (the fallen hero) until the end where he accepts that his friend is dead or about to die (ROTS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I actually think they should have rescored Duel of the Fates for the fight. I think it's premise meets the Vader/Obi-wan duel probably more than it ever did Maul vs Obi-wan/Qui Gon...not to mention they teased DotF in the trailer and never even used it in the show.
DOTF would have worked here too i suppose, originally that was the duel over the fate of anakin and the jedi he would become. under qui gon things may have gone much differently. i guess if vader had won theres a chance he still may have found luke and trained him but never seeing a realistic possible future of that ever playing out doesnt really have the same weight of the future of anakin. you see him become a great jedi, the chosen one, one of the greatest generals in the republic army only to fall; if he had been trained by qui gon i think theres a chance he may have able to resist the dark side
Old 06-24-2022, 11:56 AM   #289
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
This is all I wanted really. Don't keep pulling me away, let me enjoy the payoff the whole series has built to.
I agree for sure, if I had a nitpick with the show it would be the editing for sure, very abrupt and scenes changed too often, but a small gripe overall
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 12:00 PM   #290
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

The last episode was really good. It redeemed the series for me a bit. I think I am going to re-watch it all this weekend sometime and look on it with fresh eyes.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote