Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 04-11-2022, 03:34 AM   #21
T-Rex
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I don’t think Silas is wrong. And I encore him to continue sharing its own opinions. It is not the first time that I see in this forum that someone is hardly punished for giving their own opinion, specially when these opinions go against the big bunch of mistakes that “first level companies” are doing and continue doing while continue rising prices more and more and more, and downgrading quality more, more and more.

I’m specially to this point, and IMO, I am a statue collector, not an action figure collector, then for me, there is no comparison between this two type of collectibles. Both great, but for sure, non sustitutives among them. Once again, IMO.
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 03:49 AM   #22
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
I don?t think Silas is wrong. And I encore him to continue sharing its own opinions. It is not the first time that I see in this forum that someone is hardly punished for giving their own opinion, specially when these opinions go against the big bunch of mistakes that ?first level companies? are doing and continue doing while continue rising prices more and more and more, and downgrading quality more, more and more.

I?m specially to this point, and IMO, I am a statue collector, not an action figure collector, then for me, there is no comparison between this two type of collectibles. Both great, but for sure, non sustitutives among them. Once again, IMO.
Says Silas is right, then immediately disagrees with him. Did you even read his original post???
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 06:59 AM   #23
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
I don?t think Silas is wrong. And I encore him to continue sharing its own opinions. It is not the first time that I see in this forum that someone is hardly punished for giving their own opinion, specially when these opinions go against the big bunch of mistakes that ?first level companies? are doing and continue doing while continue rising prices more and more and more, and downgrading quality more, more and more.

I?m specially to this point, and IMO, I am a statue collector, not an action figure collector, then for me, there is no comparison between this two type of collectibles. Both great, but for sure, non sustitutives among them. Once again, IMO.
Thank you for your support!!

It's clear that statues and dolls are not the same product. I'm not suggesting that people should suddenly quit statues and start buying dolls. I think it also goes without saying, if a person believes they're getting a great product from Weta - then more power to them.

For those who aren't happy with Weta and Prime1's products, and also aren't fixated on the perspective that: "I am a statue collector, and nothing else will ever be considered" - maybe, with the upcoming "high end" figures - it might scratch that itch.....

I don't collect action figures / dolls - but if these upcoming pieces give me the likeness I've wanted for so long.....I might be tempted.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 07:18 AM   #24
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I was thinking the same thing, I don't know what possesses people to post dumb overgeneralized proclamations like that.
Quote:
Nobody said you can't have a stupid opinion, that is what we were disagreeing with. It's just trolling when you are so obviously wrong(again).
You know - in hind sight, I think I handled your original post incorrectly. I wish I hadn't resorted to calling you names in return and responding like a bit*h, I was triggered by your use of the word dumb. I took that as a personal attack, and responded defensively. If I could go back and redo my actions - I think I would instead ask why you were so triggered by my statement.

Is my statement an "over-generalization" - sure it is. But, whats the harm? People make general statements on here all the time....does it directly impact / influence the industry? Should it / does it change your specific world view? So, why the aggressiveness?

Quote:
Sure, go ahead run away with that tail between your legs troll. You can never hold up you end of any argument we have, it's pathetic.
To be honest - I'm not really all that enthusiastic about getting into an argument with you or anyone else. Calling me a troll or pathetic doesn't change that - or really make me enthusiastic to engage with you at all.

It seems that you're somehow angry with this topic, which makes any form of civilized discussion impossible. If you call that running away - ok. From my perspective, I would just rather use my time discussing more worthwhile topics.

Quote:
Says Silas is right, then immediately disagrees with him. Did you even read his original post???
Disagreeing with me is fine! I'm not the authority on collecting. Maybe this simply demonstrates that people can disagree - without the need to resort to insults.
Old 04-11-2022, 07:47 AM   #25
Mister H
Gen 13

I would love to have the Fellowship in 1/6 scale but with prices the way they are I'm not sure I would want to pay $300 - $400 for Pippin or Merry.....or even Frodo.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 08:04 AM   #26
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I would love to have the Fellowship in 1/6 scale but with prices the way they are I'm not sure I would want to pay $300 - $400 for Pippin or Merry.....or even Frodo.
I'm not sure....but have Hobbit statues come in cheaper than "normal" sized statues? I believe there wasn't much of a difference between the Dwarf statues and human scaled pieces.

I could imagine they will set the price pretty much the same across the fellowship - unfortunately.
Old 04-11-2022, 08:20 AM   #27
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
From my perspective, I would just rather use my time discussing more worthwhile topics.
Says would rather use time for more worthwhile topics, yet here we are again...

Sorry, but claiming collectors don't care if they get figs or statues is WRONG and also seems condescending to speak for others. Then you claim not one statue ever made by anyone has even a remote likeness and are terrible!!! Come on, how can you not see that's trolling...You basically just said every piece in all our collections is trash. Even if that is your opinion, don't expect people to react well to it with such an obvious lack of tact.
Old 04-11-2022, 08:24 AM   #28
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I imagine those would not be stand alone pieces, probably 2 or more hobbits in one statue. I am happy with having the Escape off the Road which fills my 1/6 hobbit quota all in one piece(and they have excellent likenesses as well)
Old 04-11-2022, 08:50 AM   #29
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Says would rather use time for more worthwhile topics, yet here we are again...

Sorry, but claiming collectors don't care if they get figs or statues is WRONG and also seems condescending to speak for others. Then you claim not one statue ever made by anyone has even a remote likeness and are terrible!!! Come on, how can you not see that's trolling...You basically just said every piece in all our collections is trash. Even if that is your opinion, don't expect people to react well to it with such an obvious lack of tact.
Ok...ok, I see where you're coming from.

Like I said, I won't be the first or last person who makes a generalised comment regarding "what collectors want". I think (hope) that it's obvious that when that happens - the person, (in this case me), is just making an overblown statement of what they specifically want / think......there's no science behind it, and no one has nominated me the Ambassador of statue collectors.....

I'm not calling anyone's collection trash. I'm genuinely surprised you took that from my statement. I'm even more surprised that you'd actually care what I think. I own pieces that people have said they don't like, or they think the likeness is off - that's their opinion, and it doesn't usually change my happiness with my collection.

Considering how many opinions on here differ from one collector to another - you must have a real hard time on this forum. If you take it as a personal attack on your choices, and your collection, if a person states they don't like a piece you happen to own.....I'm sorry, but you have a problem......and while I openly apologise for my rudeness in responding to your original (and subsequent) post - I'm not going to tip toe around these forums to avoid hurting your feelings.

Probably best if you put me on your ignore list.
Old 04-11-2022, 10:14 AM   #30
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I'm not sure....but have Hobbit statues come in cheaper than "normal" sized statues? I believe there wasn't much of a difference between the Dwarf statues and human scaled pieces.

I could imagine they will set the price pretty much the same across the fellowship - unfortunately.
Probably so. Weta is releasing their own 1/10 scale for about $100 a pop. So far they have Gimli and Gandalf. I might get the half-lings in that scale.

Quote:
I imagine those would not be stand alone pieces, probably 2 or more hobbits in one statue. I am happy with having the Escape off the Road which fills my 1/6 hobbit quota all in one piece(and they have excellent likenesses as well)
That's what I was wondering. Since the Escape Off the Road was pretty recent they'll probably wait for 1/6 scale Hobbits. Which I'm fine with. I would like a stand alone version of Sam though. Preferably holding Sting, getting ready to kill an Orc.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote