Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-09-2022, 09:51 AM   #21
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
i knew poor Shuma would never be handled appropriately, but man did they completely waste him beyond even my lowest expectations.
Yeah I told my buddy about Shuma going into it so he would at least be aware of the character.. and then he was just giant octopus monster
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 09:55 AM   #22
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
How?d that work out for Natasha
How dare you!

She signed on for 7 more years it's not going to be in the past lol. Maybe one might.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 02:30 PM   #23
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Did you guys also love it when Scarlet Witch said:
This Is Me Being Reasonable.

I think it was so cool when she said that since it showed her anger, her struggle to stay cool and her incredible powers just waiting to be unleashed...

Two thumbs up for Wanda!

Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 02:49 PM   #24
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Overall I liked the gore and Raimi style. I like how Wanda just let loose. What I don?t know though is what was the purpose of this movie? To just tie up the loose end from WandaVision (and What If)? A vessel to usher in XMen and FF?

Also, is Wanda dead?
I think the purpose of the movie was to have the most fun they could while giving a little development for Strange and Wanda. Not much more than that. The fact that it didn't try to tease the future of the whole MCU at every chance is one of my favourite aspects of it.

Most MCU movies were getting to the point where we were only interested in the "next movie" and didn't care about what we have just watched. I mean, one of the most talked things about any Marvel movie is the post credits. This is a problem in my opinion, so it's nice to have something different and more unpretensious once in a while.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 03:39 PM   #25
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Custer View Post
I think the purpose of the movie was to have the most fun they could while giving a little development for Strange and Wanda. Not much more than that. The fact that it didn't try to tease the future of the whole MCU at every chance is one of my favourite aspects of it.

Most MCU movies were getting to the point where we were only interested in the "next movie" and didn't care about what we have just watched. I mean, one of the most talked things about any Marvel movie is the post credits. This is a problem in my opinion, so it's nice to have something different and more unpretensious once in a while.
I am not sure what happened to Wanda on the development side. She went from a grief stricken person who created an alternate reality for herself at the beginning of Wandavision to someone who recognized the pain she caused the inhabitants of the town she transformed at the end of that show to (out of nowhere) an evil murderer willing to kill anyone who stands in her way in this movie. Sorry, poor character development by Marvel on this. As a Wanda fan, they definitely did not do her any favors. This reminded me of the awkward Dany turn in Season 8 of Game of Thrones. If you are going to do it, that's fine but at least build up the turn correctly so that it makes sense.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 03:46 PM   #26
Big Hulk
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I am not sure what happened to Wanda on the development side. She went from a grief stricken person who created an alternate reality for herself at the beginning of Wandavision to someone who recognized the pain she caused the inhabitants of the town she transformed at the end of that show to (out of nowhere) an evil murderer willing to kill anyone who stands in her way in this movie. Sorry, poor character development by Marvel on this. As a Wanda fan, they definitely did not do her any favors. This reminded me of the awkward Dany turn in Season 8 of Game of Thrones. If you are going to do it, that's fine but at least build up the turn correctly so that it makes sense.
I disagree totally. The Darkhold book is what turned her into what she was in this movie. It was clearly explained. She came back to the "good" side at the end because she overcame that struggle.
Big Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 04:17 PM   #27
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Hulk View Post
I disagree totally. The Darkhold book is what turned her into what she was in this movie. It was clearly explained. She came back to the "good" side at the end because she overcame that struggle.
Even if this is the reason, it was poorly done because

a) We don't really see the turn, spell, or anything leading up to it. She just went from grief to pure evil, and

b) Her redemption should have been handled differently because if the Darkhold really had that much power over her (again, she murdered people!), there should be something to truly relieve her of that spell, not just an "oh, my kids from another universe are now scared of me" moment.

Not here to persuade you either way. Just throwing out my thoughts.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 06:32 PM   #28
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
there should be something to truly relieve her of that spell, not just an "oh, my kids from another universe are now scared of me" moment.
Wanda had a Batman v Superman "Martha" moment and suddenly realized the error of her ways
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 09:03 PM   #29
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
OK my girl destroyed the everyone and I was like YES!!!! However, I did not want Professor X to die, that actually made me sad. STOP killing him people! I didn't want Captain Carter to die either but I could not wait for Captain Marvel to die, I absolutely hated her in this because she was too damn cocky. That was not my Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel is like my favorite character along with Emma, Storm, and Scarlet Witch. This movie was freaking amazing and I find myself enjoying Dr. Strange much more when he is with other superheroes and not alone. To be honest, I would have done the same thing Wanda did.
From what I recall, Stewart was very hesitant to do this film to begin with after Logan. I imagine he probably preferred to be killed to take away any potential of his return in future films.

I thought we'd see Magneto in this film. In fact, on wiki, he is listed as being in it. I thought we'd see him in the after credits with a big reveal that he is her father. Maybe they are saving that for her solo movie?

Quote:
How?d that work out for Natasha
Natasha never had much going on for her as a singular character in the MCU. It would've been smarter to do a BW/Hawkeye film imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
Did you guys also love it when Scarlet Witch said:
This Is Me Being Reasonable.

I think it was so cool when she said that since it showed her anger, her struggle to stay cool and her incredible powers just waiting to be unleashed...

Two thumbs up for Wanda!

Rainer
I loved her ruthlessness and damn it made her hotter in my book lol.

Quote:
Even if this is the reason, it was poorly done because

a) We don't really see the turn, spell, or anything leading up to it. She just went from grief to pure evil, and

b) Her redemption should have been handled differently because if the Darkhold really had that much power over her (again, she murdered people!), there should be something to truly relieve her of that spell, not just an "oh, my kids from another universe are now scared of me" moment.

Not here to persuade you either way. Just throwing out my thoughts.
that would be my only nitpick of this film. They could've added an extra 30 minutes (kinda short 2hr run for a Marvel movie) to flesh it out and show her struggle over a period of time. Maybe they thought that would slow down the movie?
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 11:11 PM   #30
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Anyone worried this all could be getting a bit too Rick and Morty down the road?

All these multiverse versions of the same characters? I worry for myself that well, I could start to lose emotional investment. Note they didn't show a dozen different Tony Starks, since that death was a major defining emotional moment in the films.

They must think of the dangers of going too multiverse for movies right?
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote