Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-24-2022, 12:44 PM   #31
AC_808
Hercules

I'm actually quite curious how the movie-makers are going to play this out. It's going to be a mis-match. Very much the under-dog story.

The movie-makers will need to be very creative, I think. And the use of mud to counter the Predator's infra-red vision has already been done ...twice. So I want to see how they will pull this off next.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 05:09 PM   #32
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
I think having the actors speak English will spoil the immersion. I did read it will be dubbed in Comanche but it's not the same when the lips aren't in sync.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
And I agree about the language issue. That's the only hesitation I have. It's one thing to suspend disbelief with modern settings where they speak English out-of-place, but tribal peoples speaking English is harder to take. Would've preferred a proper spoken and subbed experience.
Good news! Just read that the film was shot in English AND Comanche, by the whole cast. It is the first movie in history with a full Comanche dub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I'm actually quite curious how the movie-makers are going to play this out. It's going to be a mis-match. Very much the under-dog story.

The movie-makers will need to be very creative, I think. And the use of mud to counter the Predator's infra-red vision has already been done ...twice. So I want to see how they will pull this off next.
Being set 300 years ago, the Pred may not be utilizing infrared in hunts, yet. He may be relying on his dreadlock sensory organs.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 01:21 AM   #33
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Good news! Just read that the film was shot in English AND Comanche, by the whole cast. It is the first movie in history with a full Comanche dub.

Being set 300 years ago, the Pred may not be utilizing infrared in hunts, yet. He may be relying on his dreadlock sensory organs.

I don't know, man. I feel like if the Predators have interstellar travel technology, then they definitely should have infra-red technology. Infra-red tech is less complicated than interstellar travel tech. And we know they have interstellar travel tech because they traveled to Earth.

I mean, right now in our current technology, we have infra-red tech and we don't even have interstellar travel tech, yet.
Old 06-25-2022, 02:13 AM   #34
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I'd argue "Predator" series has been very hit or miss. Flip a coin and it could be fun or it could be terrible. At the very least this is an interesting direction to me going back in time making the Predator a major threat (without having to do something like a "Super Predator" or whatever they did with that mess of the last entry in the series).
that's my point, i have no good will left for any of these creators
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 03:18 AM   #35
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I don't know, man. I feel like if the Predators have interstellar travel technology, then they definitely should have infra-red technology. Infra-red tech is less complicated than interstellar travel tech. And we know they have interstellar travel tech because they traveled to Earth.

I mean, right now in our current technology, we have infra-red tech and we don't even have interstellar travel tech, yet.
I didn't say they didn't have infrared tech, just that they may not be using it for hunts yet. They're always upgrading their tech, but they're also 'noble' to a point, so may not have adopted it yet due to some 'code' of theirs.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 05:24 AM   #36
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Predator films have been mostly hit for me. Only the last Shane Black Film was terrible. What i really hate is AVP... So i have faith in the new Predator Film. Film makers still set things back on track with the new film and we can all pretend like Predator 4 never happened.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 12:06 PM   #37
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
I didn't say they didn't have infrared tech, just that they may not be using it for hunts yet. They're always upgrading their tech, but they're also 'noble' to a point, so may not have adopted it yet due to some 'code' of theirs.

Hmm ...maybe. Seems like a stretch. We shall see, tho.
Old 07-27-2022, 09:04 PM   #38
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Not a good sign when articles like this start cropping up. There were similar pieces like this before Terminator Genisys came out.

https://insidethemagic.net/2022/07/p...-predator-dr1/
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 10:31 PM   #39
Bottled_Water
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
Not a good sign when articles like this start cropping up. There were similar pieces like this before Terminator Genisys came out.

https://insidethemagic.net/2022/07/p...-predator-dr1/
I remember Suicide Squad (the first one) receiving high praise before the film was released... boy was that a collosal disappointment.

I'm still optimistic.
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 01:16 PM   #40
AC_808
Hercules

Well, to me ... articles like that doesn't mean the movie will suck. An article like that just causes foreboding.

We won't know until we see it and until we know how the general audience react to it. Statements in the article are just opinions, anyway.

Same here. I'm still optimistic.