Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - 7/10
IT 2017- 6.5/10
Cars 3 - 6/10
10 Cloverfield Lane - 9/10
xb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 02:36 PM   #23352
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Phantom Thread (2017) - Set in 1950's London, Reynolds Woodcock is a renowned dressmaker whose fastidious life is disrupted by a young, strong-willed woman, Alma, who becomes his muse and lover.

The resolution to the problematic relationship bewteen the main characters surprised me. I also felt the movie was quiet to a fault. Be alert when watching this one. 7/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:29 PM   #23353
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Happy Death Day

wasn't overly amazing but it was entertaining

7/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:44 PM   #23354
LegendaryOutlaw
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Both movies are great with phenomenal performances.

The Shape Of Water 9/10

Whiplash 9/10
LegendaryOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:07 PM   #23355
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Spider-Man: Homecoming - 6.5/10

Finally got around to seeing this. Found it to be a bit above average, definitely on the bottom tier of MCU films. I’d say it’s on par with Iron Man 3 and GOTG2 for me. The Spider-Man stuff was pretty cool but hardly what I’d consider Amazing. The Peter Parker material was awful and felt completely contrived. I’m all for diversity in casting but the heavy handed PC effort to include almost every nationality into Peter’s circle felt so unnatural I just couldn’t buy into it.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:34 PM   #23356
ParisDean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Spider-Man: Homecoming - 6.5/10

Finally got around to seeing this. Found it to be a bit above average, definitely on the bottom tier of MCU films. I’d say it’s on par with Iron Man 3 and GOTG2 for me. The Spider-Man stuff was pretty cool but hardly what I’d consider Amazing. The Peter Parker material was awful and felt completely contrived. I’m all for diversity in casting but the heavy handed PC effort to include almost every nationality into Peter’s circle felt so unnatural I just couldn’t buy into it.

I live in the same borough where the movie takes place and the racial diversity shown in the film is pretty accurate. Schools here really are melting pots like that.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:38 PM   #23357
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I live in the same borough where the movie takes place and the racial diversity shown in the film is pretty accurate. Schools here really are melting pots like that.
I could definitely see that. It wasn’t so much the melting pot aspect that I didn’t buy into but the choice of those cast. It seemed as if they were more concerned with diversity than someone who fit the character profile. The scrawny guy they cast as Flash Thompson didn’t in any way fit the Mr. popularity/bully/football player. I mean c’mon... would anyone be intimidated by that guy? Also the girl they cast as what I’m assuming is eventually going to be Mary Jane is a complete departure from the established love interest. The ugly duckling route vs the model completely changes the MJ/Peter dynamic as he was the nerd who actually got THE girl. The whole high school setting from the teachers to the students to the environment just felt staged to me.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:02 PM   #23358
ParisDean

Quote:
I could definitely see that. It wasn’t so much the melting pot aspect that I didn’t buy into but the choice of those cast. It seemed as if they were more concerned with diversity than someone who fit the character profile. The scrawny guy they cast as Flash Thompson didn’t in any way fit the Mr. popularity/bully/football player. I mean c’mon... would anyone be intimidated by that guy? Also the girl they cast as what I’m assuming is eventually going to be Mary Jane is a complete departure from the established love interest. The ugly duckling route vs the model completely changes the MJ/Peter dynamic as he was the nerd who actually got THE girl. The whole high school setting from the teachers to the students to the environment just felt staged to me.
It's supposed to be a nerdy science school so having Flash Thompson not be a dumb football player makes sense to me.

But I'm with you on the Michelle/"MJ" character. It's like the Catwoman movie where everything was wrong beyond the name.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:11 PM   #23359
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
It's supposed to be a nerdy science school so having Flash Thompson not be a dumb football player makes sense to me.
Really? Guess I completely missed that. I thought it was just your standard run of the mill high school and the main characters were the nerdy science clique. Regardless he wasn’t the least bit imposing or threatening and that’s supposed to be the main character trait of Flash Thompson.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:20 PM   #23360
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Really? Guess I completely missed that. I thought it was just your standard run of the mill high school and the main characters were the nerdy science clique. Regardless he wasn’t the least bit imposing or threatening and that’s supposed to be the main character trait of Flash Thompson.
Yeah it's a Tech High School, which makes sense for Peter in today's day and age as that's more of a thing now than it was in the 60's. But yes they could have made Flash a little more threatening, instead of just douchey I guess.

I thought Peter was spot on though. Loved it.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote