Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-20-2018, 11:15 AM   #61
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

I guess, but the images you chose were with his head looking down or in neutral position, whereas the statue is looking up, like the picture I posted. I don't think it can be said the neck is elongated. The torso armor just moves with him, so the neck looks shorter when his shoulders are raised or when he's fighting, for example. His chin also blocks most of the neck detail when it's lowered.

jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 11:57 PM   #62
Oxymoron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

The DKR promo pic you posted with his head looking up is a great example of what he should look like. Yeah, his neck looks a bit longer but still more natural than the P1 sculpt.
Oxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 12:06 AM   #63
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
The DKR promo pic you posted with his head looking up is a great example of what he should look like. Yeah, his neck looks a bit longer but still more natural than the P1 sculpt.
The rain bouncing off his suit in that promo photo makes the shoulders look higher than they are. They neck seems the same length as the photo below it of the suit hanging in batcave.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:15 AM   #64
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Honestly, I'm not that much a fan of the TDK suit anyway and always thought the neck looked like it would choke Bale when viewing it in natural light. Nolan's very good about lighting his films to make the suit look badass compared to when you see a figure of it in-hand, much to your point about the Hot Toy. Similar to everyone's criticisms about the Hush pieces' poses/anatomy, a lot of them, IMO, are generating from how we're remembering the source material, not necessarily how it is. I don't think there is anything "wrong" with most of P1's sculpts (it's kind of hard to evaluate such things on a company-to-company basis because they contract various sculptors for individual pieces.) They don't always pick poses that work from the angles they're often filmed at conventions.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:37 PM   #65
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 12:15 AM   #66
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
''Ah yes, I was WONDERING what would break first, your spirit, or P1's silence on when they would show their Dark Knight Rises Bane statue.And when this is....available for pre order, THEN you have my permission to buy''...
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 01:19 AM   #67
SONICobra
Batman

Head position is a vast improvement but the legs still look a little awkward and that base again is enormous, they should have cut back to only two steps
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:17 AM   #68
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Head position is a vast improvement
Apparently the head is actually poseable. I don't know whether that means fully poseable Ã- la Hot Toys or the option to have it looking in a few preset directions via different neck pieces, as Kelvin Loke mentioned yesterday.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:47 AM   #69
Shoo
Hercules

Looks great here.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:16 AM   #70
SONICobra
Batman

it sure does... ugh now I want this, where would I put it though...?
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote