Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 01-16-2018, 03:30 AM   #91
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Sorry to interrupt but I ordered mine through BBTS...did anyone else receive theirs from them yet?
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:24 PM   #92
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Between the War Troll and this one Weta seems to have a problem with statues fitting on the base properly these days. Am I the only one thinking Eomer on Firefoot could potentially be a disaster given this recent trend? Mind you, if that Eomer prototype we saw recently is the final product I won't be buying it regardless. I don't need an Eomer on Generic Horse statue......not at $700+.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:00 AM   #93
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

It’s not just this and the War Troll, it’s a very real issue spread across many of their statues. I just don’t think it’s looked at as anything more than an anomaly by most unfortunately. I know better though as I’ve personally had issues the War Troll, Ori and Dwalin. All in the last 12 months. This is the main reason I always order direct. Also with this new payment plan Weta has implemented I won’t carry payments past a release date for fear of replacement stock drying up before I can get an acceptable statue should I run into another issue.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:50 PM   #94
goto
Mephisto

I think Weta have that massive problems since they are changing there factorys in china.
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:55 PM   #95
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
It’s not just this and the War Troll, it’s a very real issue spread across many of their statues. I just don’t think it’s looked at as anything more than an anomaly by most unfortunately. I know better though as I’ve personally had issues the War Troll, Ori and Dwalin. All in the last 12 months. This is the main reason I always order direct. Also with this new payment plan Weta has implemented I won’t carry payments past a release date for fear of replacement stock drying up before I can get an acceptable statue should I run into another issue.
You won't get an argument from me on this. And yes, ordering anywhere other than directly from Weta these days is crazy......as those who ordered the MoSoS elsewhere are finding out. Not only because of potential QC issues down the road, but because they may never get their statue in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goto View Post
I think Weta have that massive problems since they are changing there factorys in china.
Agreed. Their QC has gone down the toilet in the last year or so, and I did mention at one point that perhaps they had changed factories, though that was strictly speculation on my part.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 06:59 PM   #96
pinkxter
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Could someone do me a favor and take some closeups of the horses foot on the base? I tried to apply some more pressure and this is the closest I can get it to be flat without significantly impacting the front foot.- -If I apply more pressure or try to maneuver it then the front one starts to lift. I don't if the lip of the foot should be within the margins of the mud.

Also, another picture of what maybe glue or some shiny substance that I see in several spots.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180120_163601.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	463.7 KB
ID:	110831  
pinkxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:20 PM   #97
slynger
Hellboy

So having read back a few pages on this issue, I'm officially worried. As of now, I have MoSoS scheduled to ship at the end of March.

With the issues popping up, I'm wondering if I should bite the bullet and have him delivered ASAP just to make sure I can look him over?

Does it help that I did order direct from WETA?
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:40 AM   #98
pinkxter
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
So having read back a few pages on this issue, I'm officially worried. As of now, I have MoSoS scheduled to ship at the end of March.

With the issues popping up, I'm wondering if I should bite the bullet and have him delivered ASAP just to make sure I can look him over?

Does it help that I did order direct from WETA?
Yes I would recommend that as with the few pieces left they are not doing replacements for this unit.
pinkxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:58 PM   #99
slynger
Hellboy

MoSoS will be waiting for me at home today after work. I'm one part anxious to see this piece and another part very nervous due to some others having issues. Wish me luck.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 01:38 PM   #100
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Congrats and good luck. Most have been problem free and this is without question the most impressive piece Weta has put out in some time. Prepare to be wowed.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote