Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-03-2017, 05:23 PM   #1221
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Hopefully Apostle Zodd will be at Wonder festival in Feb.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:14 PM   #1222
arkhaminmate149
Frackin!

On the subject of Apostle Zod, am I right that they are doing him as a diorama piece, with a smaller Guts, so he won't be in scale with these pieces? I thought I heard that a while back. I hope that's the case, because if he was in scale with these he would be soooo ridiculously big...
arkhaminmate149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:51 PM   #1223
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhaminmate149 View Post
On the subject of Apostle Zod, am I right that they are doing him as a diorama piece, with a smaller Guts, so he won't be in scale with these pieces? I thought I heard that a while back. I hope that's the case, because if he was in scale with these he would be soooo ridiculously big...
Zodd is 1/5 scale, but I think you might be confusing the Guts part with Tsume. There won't be a small scale Guts by p1.

Zodd 1/5 will be very big though. His hand is bigger than a human hand.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:23 PM   #1224
arkhaminmate149
Frackin!

Ah OK, that makes sense. I was kind of hoping for something like the Hulk vs. Wolverine by Sideshow. Still, even 1/5th, I imagine he will be big enough to stand with the others and not look silly.
arkhaminmate149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:47 PM   #1225
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Custer View Post
I honestly think that Tokyo comic con was one of the most underwhelming showings by Prime 1 and not up to their standards. I mean, it was great and had some killer pieces, but a lot of characters had awkward poses and lifeless expressions.

Griffith was one of the most antecipated pieces for me, but after seeing the prototype, I´m not feeling it at all. I´m now considering getting Femto instead, which was my favourite piece of the whole show and he will look great next to Slan and Void (who I believe will be made eventually).
Femto was incredible, so I would say that's a great choice. Kelvin posted a pic of the Griffith portrait next a manga panel it was supposedly directly inspired from and it looked as close as I can expect to a realistically textured, 3D translation of that image. I can see the image itself being divisive among anime fans, but I only know what little I've read of the manga.

I don't see TCC as disappointing, if only because the clearing of the DC reveal backlog seemed to be the mission statement as well as, not as explicitly, disproving the negative feedback they've received on their ability to capture actor likenesses, which they've done spectacularly on the JL line (whose timing with the movie also must've factored in to the focus as it's obvious from the actual release dates that those pieces are firmly in the prototype phase.)

That said, even as a DC fan, they barely scratched the surface of what their numerous announced licenses just for that brand would've lead me to believe were in the works. The Transformers and now-slowing Arkham lines perhaps spoiled me into thinking they had more than a few pieces planned for each announced license, especially ones as potentially enormous as Hush or Kingdom Come (those series were all about how many characters the creators could cram into an event) but I think pre-order numbers will determine series lifespan going forward.

As for the anime stuff, while I'd be more than satisfied (overwhelmed, in fact) just completing the Berserk line, it's clear that they've announced a lot of ---- while the ink was drying on license deals, perhaps before. Not so much as teasers from GitS, Studio Ghibli, the (I think) rumored Akira . . . Hell, I'm pretty sure Jerry Macaluso is the only person with any inkling as to what P1 is even allowed to do with their competing Street Fighter license and yet it's the banner on their FB group. I feel really bad for the mods over there constantly fielding questions regarding the statuses of any these licenses, not that I want fifteen POs with 2021 projected dates.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:58 PM   #1226
dao2
Cyclops

I think femto is incredible because of the base, femto himself prob coulda been better imo
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 02:18 AM   #1227
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I wonder how much puck is going to cost
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:24 PM   #1228
NosferatuOMeGa
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
I wonder how much puck is going to cost
That's a good question. Does P1 have any comparable pieces?
NosferatuOMeGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:39 AM   #1229
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosferatuOMeGa View Post
That's a good question. Does P1 have any comparable pieces?
I don't think so but it's hard to tell. Smallest I know from them are busts and the cheapest was about 150 USD I think but more detailled than Puck.
So if they really sell him as a standalone I can't imagine he will cost about the same because of the size and details. My guess: 50 USD - max. 110 USD.
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:45 AM   #1230
daemerz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

prime1 changed their fb banner, looks like griffith pre order this week.
daemerz is offline   Reply With Quote