Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-03-2023, 05:32 PM   #11
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
On of the two head writers is from Better Call Saul.
That's promising
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 12:01 AM   #12
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Trailer Looks good. Echo story in Daredevil Comics was not part of a Bendis run but more like a mini story written and drawn by David Mack in between Bendis run. I liked Echo when i read the David Mack story, Echo was pretty much a deaf Elektra. What is there not to like ? lol a deaf assassin vs blind vigilante. Well, proof for whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Good call on David Mack; however, it was not in between Bendis’ run. It followed Kevin Smith’s and preceded Brian Michael Bendis’ respective runs. I always thought Bendis followed Smith, and that Mack did art but not story for the Echo chapter, but, as a check back to my collection showed me, I was remembering incorrectly.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 01:12 AM   #13
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Good call on David Mack; however, it was not in between Bendis? run. It followed Kevin Smith?s and preceded Brian Michael Bendis? respective runs. I always thought Bendis followed Smith, and that Mack did art but not story for the Echo chapter, but, as a check back to my collection showed me, I was remembering incorrectly.
Smith was succeeded by writer-artist David Mack, who contributed the seven-issue "Parts of a Hole" issue #9-15 (1999-2000) in this first Daredevil work of Mack. Echo appeared in issue 9 of Daredevil for the first time. So you are right, Echo first appeared after Smith's Guardian Devil story.

However, i don't think i have ever read ''Parts of a hole'' Daredevil story. I have heard about it for the first time. What i read was the David Mack ''Echo'' Story which was Daredevil #51-55 (2003-2004) which looks like just after Bendis run, but i remember reading it in between Bendis run... I don't know may be my brain fails me. lol
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 02:14 AM   #14
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Smith was succeeded by writer-artist David Mack, who contributed the seven-issue "Parts of a Hole" issue #9-15 (1999-2000) in this first Daredevil work of Mack. Echo appeared in issue 9 of Daredevil for the first time. So you are right, Echo first appeared after Smith's Guardian Devil story.

However, i don't think i have ever read ''Parts of a hole'' Daredevil story. I have heard about it for the first time. What i read was the David Mack ''Echo'' Story which was Daredevil #51-55 (2003-2004) which looks like just after Bendis run, but i remember reading it in between Bendis run... I don't know may be my brain fails me. lol
Interestingly, it looks like Daredevil 51 - 55 does, in fact, come between Bendis runs. I have a series of six Daredevil oversized HCs, volumes 1 - 6, that goes from Smith?s run through the end of Bendis? run but mysteriously omits #s 51 - 55, so I missed this completely and never knew they weren?t included.
Old 11-04-2023, 05:22 AM   #15
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Interestingly, it looks like Daredevil 51 - 55 does, in fact, come between Bendis runs. I have a series of six Daredevil oversized HCs, volumes 1 - 6, that goes from Smith?s run through the end of Bendis? run but mysteriously omits #s 51 - 55, so I missed this completely and never knew they weren?t included.
They are also not uncluded in the Bendis&Maleev Omnibuses, but that is understandable because those were just about Bendis&Maleev issues. ''Echo'' story is probably included in Marvel Knights Omnibus, but i am not sure.
Old 11-04-2023, 07:22 PM   #16
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
They are also not uncluded in the Bendis&Maleev Omnibuses, but that is understandable because those were just about Bendis&Maleev issues. ''Echo'' story is probably included in Marvel Knights Omnibus, but i am not sure.
“Parts of a Whole” by Mack, the first story, is included in the oversized HC series.
Old 11-04-2023, 07:27 PM   #17
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Speaking of Daredevil, it’s way cool how he appears for a split second in this trailer.
Old 11-05-2023, 06:18 AM   #18
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
?Parts of a Whole? by Mack, the first story, is included in the oversized HC series.
Nice, Marvel will probably make an OHC or something for the ''Echo'' Story soon, if you don't have it since the Disney+ show is coming.
Old 01-11-2024, 07:27 AM   #19
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

The word of mouth around the show is negative, unfortunatly. The Rotten Tomatos score is all times second worst for a Marvel TV Show only after Secret Invasion. :/

Man... that first trailer was so cool... How did this happen... But after the word of mouth of the people who watch the show, i don't think i will watch Echo TV Show. Well, the David Mack Daredevil Echo issues were good comics at least. Definetly worth a look.

Echo also should be a warning that don't get your expectations high for Daredevil: Born Again...
Old 01-11-2024, 11:55 AM   #20
SONICobra
Batman

4/5 episodes in and yeah its pretty meh but better than a lot of the trash marvel / disney+ has been puttign out lately. the fights are cool so they took literally every fight scene and made a trailer out of it, the rest of the show is family drama and weird flashbacks. as of right now i cant recommend watching unless you want to see the return of kingpin (in trailers so not a spoiler) which still is not explained very well
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote