Statue Forum 



XM Studios





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Prototypez

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2017, 02:46 AM   #201
Grifterr
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 126
It is one of the most iconic poses in fighting games at the end of a super( Especially after landing one on your opponent to finish a match).My favorite is the mvc3 one.I do whished that he had a closed mouth portrait as well.
Grifterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:56 AM   #202
GenoToys
Statue Forum MacDaddy
 
GenoToys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Neo-Tokyo...(AZ)
Posts: 2,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post
I love everything about this statue so far. The only thing that doesn't make sense to me are the rocks on Akuma's base. The base should be simple like Ryu's, especially if collectors are going to be displaying them together. The rocks give this dynamic property to Akuma that just isn't there with Ryu. Theres no motion with Ryu and I feel like there shouldnt be any on Akuma either. I like the simple base concept anyway because all of your attention is focused on the actual character.
I agree.
GenoToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:56 AM   #203
frenchyoutoo
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.
 
frenchyoutoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,289
Yeh i have also been abit confused about the base

was expecting it to be more of a rocky stone pavement with grass style. Much like his stage kousyu Street. Something a tad simplier like ryu but very weathered and effective. Small blades of grass patches would be awesome.



then for Shin akuma you get the luna eclipse effect stage

frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:16 AM   #204
Askani81
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
 
Askani81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post
I love everything about this statue so far. The only thing that doesn't make sense to me are the rocks on Akuma's base. The base should be simple like Ryu's, especially if collectors are going to be displaying them together. The rocks give this dynamic property to Akuma that just isn't there with Ryu. Theres no motion with Ryu and I feel like there shouldnt be any on Akuma either. I like the simple base concept anyway because all of your attention is focused on the actual character.
Agree. Please make the base simple like Ryu's.
Askani81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:33 AM   #205
Nebiros
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
Nebiros's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Italy
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyoutoo View Post
Yeh i have also been abit confused about the base

was expecting it to be more of a rocky stone pavement with grass style. Much like his stage kousyu Street. Something a tad simplier like ryu but very weathered and effective. Small blades of grass patches would be awesome.



then for Shin akuma you get the luna eclipse effect stage

I think it's a really nice idea!
Nebiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:24 AM   #206
ryuhayabusa6787
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
 
ryuhayabusa6787's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifterr View Post
It is one of the most iconic poses in fighting games at the end of a super( Especially after landing one on your opponent to finish a match).My favorite is the mvc3 one.I do whished that he had a closed mouth portrait as well.
He will come with closed mouth portrait.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:29 PM   #207
amloprinzi
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,161
Erick is looking into changing some things possibly. He is thinking of doing two sets of hands/gloves one with ropes and another set with gloves. To please everyone, also the base might change as well. The rocks might be removed.

Will have more updates and information once Erick returns from Japan. Will see what he decides to do.

Thank you for all your guy's input. It is always appreciated.
amloprinzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:29 PM   #208
frenchyoutoo
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.
 
frenchyoutoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by amloprinzi View Post
Erick is looking into changing some things possibly. He is thinking of doing two sets of hands/gloves one with ropes and another set with gloves. To please everyone, also the base might change as well. The rocks might be removed.

Will have more updates and information once Erick returns from Japan. Will see what he decides to do.

Thank you for all your guy's input. It is always appreciated.
Awesome!
Even though erick is looking at switch out hands... i think my vote is gloves just to keep it true to the game even though the ropes look freakin sweet!

Would be very interesting to see a Kousyu stage themed base IF he decides to go there.
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:13 PM   #209
Gecktechs
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
 
Gecktechs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by amloprinzi View Post
Erick is looking into changing some things possibly. He is thinking of doing two sets of hands/gloves one with ropes and another set with gloves. To please everyone, also the base might change as well. The rocks might be removed.

Will have more updates and information once Erick returns from Japan. Will see what he decides to do.

Thank you for all your guy's input. It is always appreciated.
Glad to hear Erick is listening to the input of the community and considering to make changes to the base. That's what I like to see. Hope he's having a good time in Japan!
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:40 AM   #210
jrsyedb
Doh!
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by amloprinzi View Post
Erick is looking into changing some things possibly. He is thinking of doing two sets of hands/gloves one with ropes and another set with gloves. To please everyone, also the base might change as well. The rocks might be removed.

Will have more updates and information once Erick returns from Japan. Will see what he decides to do.

Thank you for all your guy's input. It is always appreciated.
fantastic, looking forward to this piece
jrsyedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:13 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com