Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-25-2013, 11:37 PM   #11
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
Hard Hero had some great pieces, it is unfortunate they weren't around longer. The Captain Mar-Vell WIP look promising.

Their classic Iron Man remains among my favorites.

Awesome piece!!!
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:39 AM   #12
Mastermold
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
Hard Hero had some great pieces, it is unfortunate they weren't around longer. The Captain Mar-Vell WIP look promising.

Their classic Iron Man remains among my favorites.

Mine too--best sculpt in this scale IMO of this armor.
Mastermold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #13
AstroWho
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

They have no Grails.
Pretty much Every Hard Hero Statue they've ever released sells for way below retail cost now.
I have a bunch of their statue's and took a beating on them.
AstroWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #14
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroWho View Post
They have no Grails.
Pretty much Every Hard Hero Statue they've ever released sells for way below retail cost now.
I have a bunch of their statue's and took a beating on them.
It is your personal opinion, to which you are entitled to. The problem is that you are only defining a "Grail" from an economical standpoint (big mistake). True Hard Hero collectors will beg to differ.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #15
AstroWho

Value, Supply & Demand and Overall Rarity is what makes a "Grail". A Grail is a piece that is near impossible to track down and when you do you'd be willing to give your spleen to have it!
Hard Hero has None of those.
I'd like to hear what your definition of a Grail is?
You tell me which Hard Hero Piece is at Grail Status. I'd love to hear it.
Are there Any Hard Hero statues that are Rare and Never pops up for sale? No.
Are you seeing A Lot of people, Anyone? Looking for Hard Hero Statues on the Want List Section here? No.
Are there Any Hard Hero Statue's that have drastically increased in Value?? No.
And I'm not talking the occasional Fluke sale that some idiot overpays. I'm talking a statue that consistently sells higher than retail and is always in demand? None.
Those aren't opinions. Those are facts based on sales from here and on EBAY.
I own well Over a dozen Hard Hero Statues and I think they look AMAZING and that's why I bought them. But the basic Fact is, ALL the one's that I paid Full Retail price for are now selling routinely at half of what I paid for them.
Just to hammer this home, last year I picked up a Full Size Gladiator Mint in the Box, Never Displayed for $65.00
The Nicest Hercules Statue to date, MIB.......$50.00
I picked up the ENTIRE Animated X-Men Team set Mint in the Boxes for $15.00 Each. Only Wolverine cost me $30.00 and Captain America $40.00
Go check out Ebay routinely you can pick up all sorts of Full Sized Hard Hero pieces at just $50.00 to $75.00 each.
Those are like New Action Figure Prices.
That's how valuable Hard Hero Statues are now. So, to hear Hard Hero and Grail in the same sentence to me is laughable.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #16
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Well, now that I have finished reading your essay, let me introduce mine.
I am not going to dispute the fact that many Hard Hero statues are unsought, undervalued and under appreciated. I am not a Hard hero fan and I have no reasons to be one. I sold my small Hard Hero collection long ago, to give room to Sideshow, kotobukiya and PopCulture Shock products.
To answer your question, I will go back to the main question posed when I started this tread:What is a Hard Hero Grail to you?
The initial intend of the inquiry had nothing to do with the economical status of these pieces, but finding out what other fellow collectors would like to express and share with all of us. Sadly, for many of them, their precious pieces of art have not lived to their financial expectations (if there was any), including you.
I clearly understand the market trends and how it plays a roll in all of this. I have worked in the financial and retail business for many years. I am constantly buying and selling collectible pieces on EBay. Statues go up and down in price depending on demand; People change their mind as soon as the new thing comes out; product accessibilty and supply is not the same in many parts of the world; and all of these factors plus many more will dictate the difference in the price tag.
Now in the center of this argument, there are two distinct but equal sides. A Grail is not only defined by the person on a quest to get it, but also by the one that posses it and is ready to defend it. We all have things without any monetary value, however, we are not willing to let them go. There is no money in the world, that will make us change our mind. For many fellow collectors, this is the case in point.
I have never been into collectibles for the monetary gain. If that is your case, I respect it but it is not what motivates me. Sadly I see, that our community is divided between those that are passionate about collecting and those that think that it is just a game with dollar signs. I prefer to be the first type ( the industry was built by our kind) than to be part of a numbers game. A $1000 price tag diorama means nothing to those that could care less about our hobby. On the other hand, a $50 cheap statue means the world to a proud father when it comes as a gift from his child's allowance.
Finding a proper answer might never be possible. It is a matter of opinion. If there is someone to be praised, is the Hard Hero fans that have kept this tread alive. I opened this tread on each company's forum like a year ago, and they all have lost steam after awhile. Somehow this one remained just to show how hard headed as collectors we can be. Even after the fact that this beloved company closed its doors, we are unwilling to let it die.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:45 PM   #17
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

These three Hard Hero statues are among my favorites in my collection and can be purchased now I think quite reasonably. I paid the regular price for Conan and Belit but was able to get Zula for a lot less. Grails to me? YES. ...to others? Dunno. lol

I'll use any excuse to post pictures of them tho, even tho the pictures aren't so hot.

Can you honestly say you could walk up to these three in the flesh and say "Hey losers....you ain't no grails"!
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:53 AM   #18
AstroWho

"A Grail is not only defined by the person on a quest to get it, but also by the one that posses it and is ready to defend it. We all have things without any monetary value, however,we are not willing to let them go. There is no money in the world, that will make us change our mind. For many fellow collectors, this is the case in point."

The only problem with that statement is we're talking about "Hard Hero" Grails. Not anything else of what is important to you. And when it comes to Hard Hero Statues. Even if one of them is your favorite statue in the whole wide world, how can you call it a Grail when you can always let it go and replace it again by the next day. You're gonna tell me if I offer you a Grand for what you consider your Hard Hero Grail, you're gonna say no? Knowing you can buy another one by tomorrow for Fifty bucks. That's my point. Nothing by Hard Hero is rare or desirable enough that it can be considered a Grail.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:18 AM   #19
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroWho View Post
"A Grail is not only defined by the person on a quest to get it, but also by the one that posses it and is ready to defend it. We all have things without any monetary value, however,we are not willing to let them go. There is no money in the world, that will make us change our mind. For many fellow collectors, this is the case in point."

The only problem with that statement is we're talking about "Hard Hero" Grails. Not anything else of what is important to you. And when it comes to Hard Hero Statues. Even if one of them is your favorite statue in the whole wide world, how can you call it a Grail when you can always let it go and replace it again by the next day. You're gonna tell me if I offer you a Grand for what you consider your Hard Hero Grail, you're gonna say no? Knowing you can buy another one by tomorrow for Fifty bucks. That's my point. Nothing by Hard Hero is rare or desirable enough that it can be considered a Grail.
I would definitely say no.

jk Astro. I guess favorite is a more suitable word if they are so easily found.

Would ya like to see more shots of my Hard Hero grails?
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #20
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefall View Post
I would definitely say no.

jk Astro. I guess favorite is a more suitable word if they are so easily found.

Would ya like to see more shots of my Hard Hero grails?
I would, Nitefall. I love the shots of your "Hard Hero Grails".